Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

55 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Are they trying to kill people on the drive home?

The two of them can only do one thing well together... incite suicidal road rage amongst their listening audience

Or just suicide from having to listen to Loverro's voice.

Still can't forget the time I saw Loverro at a Caps game ordering ice cream. 😂 It was so random out of nowhere, I was walking the concourse before the game and he was just there ordering ice cream. Great moment.

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Haha 3

On 7/12/2019 at 3:56 PM, @SkinsGoldPants said:

You've heard "Faces made for Radio....well, we have Voices made for Morse Code. Come listen to the worst sportstalk you could every hope for........or don't"

Come to think of it, he has a face made for a "Killer Ice cream man" movie

• Haha 3

In the comments of the FB post, the station said:

The Team 980: Galdi will host The Morning Blitz from 6a-7a and co-host with Rick "Doc" Walker 10a-1p

Ugh. Relegated to an hour in the AM, and then forced to host with Doc who will just yell over him.

• Like 1

Jesus. 

A few things here. 

Galdi having to carry Doc is going to be awful. I feel for him now. He'll show up prepared with info and states while Doc will come in with nickname and vagueness on toughness.

980 must have really bad numbers for their entire AM. Bet they listened to Kevin's podcast and felt it was better than what they were doing.

This still won't work in the long run.

Now, if you want to put Al with Kevin from like 7-10 and then something totally different from 10-1. Maybe you have something. But finding new ways to prop up Doc Walker are getting sad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sheehan basically said him leaving was they didnt wanna pay him.  So I wonder if they came back and met his number, sweetened the deal, or if whatever they were offering beats trying to make a living doing podcasts and occasional play by play gigs.

I think Sheehan coming back is good, but hate Doc on the radio. I'd have let Galdi do 6-10 and Sheehan cover the midday. Or, like someone else mentioned, stick them together in the morning and do something completely different midday. 

Sheehan was my favorite for a while...now it's Galdi. He and I usually agree when it comes to the Redskins, so that's probably why I like him (for better or worse). 

• Like 1

Galdi is getting shafted here. His show is good. He's knowledgable and he listens to his callers and tweeters.  I know he's a company man and does whatever is needed, but I hope they don't eventually lose him to another station/city willing to respect his talent. Hate to see them treat him like he's still the low man on the totem pole. Also, I hope they keep Go-Go Thursdays around. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

So did Andy Pollin get canned from his weekend gig on JFK? I haven't heard him on with the funny sounding guy for a while. I don't care, just nosey.

He was on a lot in recent weeks during the week. Covering for others who were on vacation I think.

• Like 1