Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

On 11/7/2018 at 3:10 PM, spjunkies said:

I think you have a point. The more time moves on he reminds me of the radio version of John Feinstein.  Guy thinks he knows EVERYTHING!

No way, no one comes close to miserable Feinstein...he is the textbook definition of "bitter old curmudgeon"

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, hp703 said:

No way, no one comes close to miserable Feinstein...he is the textbook definition of "bitter old curmudgeon"

Feinstein, Loverro, Rick Snider...they all suck.

I have no idea why a New York douchebag like Feinstein is on DC Radio...

• Like 2

Our local rumor-mongering, baiting station 1067 in hot water again for claiming that Haskins has "red flags" for buying himself, and his mother, a car. Are you serious? Are you SERIOUS? 

ARE YOU REALLY GOIN TO RAISE RED FLAGS OVER HIM BUYING A CAR? IS HE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT? 

Good heavens what the hell is wrong with you people on 1067. Jeez louise. This is out of control. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm listening to Doc because 1067 started with nationals coverage.  All this dude does is yell and talk over anyone that calls in.  How the hell does this guy have his own show?

It sucks that the network here blocks some stuff.  I can't get Kevin Sheehan's podcasts.  I'd much rather listen to him than old man Doc.

At least I like BMitch.  Only 15 minutes left of this crap.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

I'm listening to Doc because 1067 started with nationals coverage.  All this dude does is yell and talk over anyone that calls in.  How the hell does this guy have his own show?

It sucks that the network here blocks some stuff.  I can't get Kevin Sheehan's podcasts.  I'd much rather listen to him than old man Doc.

At least I like BMitch.  Only 15 minutes left of this crap.

Why cant you get Kevin's podcasts?

10 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I'm guessing you didn't read my full post.

The answer to your question is in there.

I got that part, but not being able to get it over wifi doesnt explain why you can't get it any other way, like just downloading it on your phone with data.

55 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I got that part, but not being able to get it over wifi doesnt explain why you can't get it any other way, like just downloading it on your phone with data.

I'm behind a computer all day at work and don't have my phone with me.

On 5/4/2019 at 11:09 AM, Riggo#44 said:

...just tell them "Big Shooter" sent ya!

This drives me nuts.  I'm 99% sure "Chad Dukes" is a stage name, but I guess that wasn't enough for the guy. He had to go give himself another nickname to make himself feel good or something.  I guarantee nobody has ever called him "Big Shooter" except maybe to mock him.

It is truly mind boggling that Chad Dukes of all people has managed to have a 12+ year run with an afternoon show in one of the biggest markets in country. This is the guy that tweets about Monday Night Raw while the skins are playing on MNF. I just don't understand his appeal other than his producers have managed to get him some pretty good recurring guests over the years. 

Sounds like DC is getting a third sports talk station, as WMAL (AM 630) will switch to the sports format on July 1. Sounds like its going to be ESPN programming, with Golic/Wingo in the morning and Screamin A Smith in the early afternoon. Full lineup TBD. Station will broadcast Skins games. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Sounds like DC is getting a third sports talk station, as WMAL (AM 630) will switch to the sports format on July 1. Sounds like its going to be ESPN programming, with Golic/Wingo in the morning and Screamin A Smith in the early afternoon. Full lineup TBD. Station will broadcast Skins games. 

That lineup sounds awful.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hail2skins said:

That doesn't overly excite me...but I do think a market like DC should have terrestrial access to national programs. 

On 6/5/2019 at 6:06 PM, purbeast said:

I'm behind a computer all day at work and don't have my phone with me.

actually, you may be able to get it. I can't get it directly either, through thekevinsheehanshow.com, because it's blocked due to gambling content. but if you go through a site like podbean, i'm able to get it no problem. there are other podcast sites that host it as well. 

I think UrbanOne Radio isn't going to keep 980 Sportstalk for a long time. They've gone cheap on their talent. Basically abandoned 10am-4am during the day. Wouldn't be shocked if the format changes even earlier now if they aren't going to carry Redskins games.

Also supports why Czabe has been taking on more work in other markets and his podcast. He's known this is coming.

Wouldn't be shocked to see 106.7 try to go after some of the 980 guys after a switch happens. Galdi, Jackson/Linn/Czabe while leaving guys like Doc, Mitchell without a place on radio.