Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

53 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Those ol' Junkies at it again making lies about Gruden not being involved in the offseason process even though he was. 

DC sports radio is awful. 

Reporting on what a source told you isn't lying.  It's relaying what was told to them.

DC sports radio is only awful because of fat lip smacking Grant and unfunny Danny.

Edited by purbeast

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Reporting on what a source told you isn't lying.  It's relaying what was told to them.

DC sports radio is only awful because of fat lip smacking Grant and unfunny Danny.

lmao listen to the Redskins Talk podcast where they open with what EB was blabbering about on the Junkies that morning

"THEY'RE GOING TO DENY IT BUT IT'S TRUE! GRUDEN HAS NO IMPACT IN DECISION MAKING" 

4 hours later The Fan reports it's false and that he has impact in decision making in offseason :rofl89:

I mean why listen at this point 

1 minute ago, ixcuincle said:

lmao listen to the Redskins Talk podcast where they open with what EB was blabbering about on the Junkies that morning

"THEY'RE GOING TO DENY IT BUT IT'S TRUE! GRUDEN HAS NO IMPACT IN DECISION MAKING" 

4 hours later The Fan reports it's false and that he has impact in decision making in offseason :rofl89:

I mean why listen at this point 

Well it was more about that Gruden didn't know about the Landon Collins move until he saw it in the media, and that he's frustrated and 'wants to jump off a bridge'.  I kind of got that they insinuated that he had not much say in the offseason due to those reports, not that EB was flat out told he had no say in it.

Also, "the fan" reporting it was false is just Craig Hoffman.  

So there are contradicting reports at Redskins park.  This has never happened before...

• Haha 1

1067..."Sources" report Redskins looking to move on from Josh Norman. IS this really news? Lmao. 

PEOPLE THEY JUST SENSATIONALIZE AND MISREPRESENT NEWS TO GET YOU TO LISTEN. THEY'RE THE FOX NEWS OF SPORTS RADIO. 

1067 source, EB source just some guy at Bar Louie that he met. :rofl89:

Imagine thinking a common radio show host actually has a pipeline within the organization 

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

1067..."Sources" report Redskins looking to move on from Josh Norman. IS this really news? Lmao. 

PEOPLE THEY JUST SENSATIONALIZE AND MISREPRESENT NEWS TO GET YOU TO LISTEN. THEY'RE THE FOX NEWS OF SPORTS RADIO. 

1067 source, EB source just some guy at Bar Louie that he met. :rofl89:

Imagine thinking a common radio show host actually has a pipeline within the organization 

So you don't know Chris Russel's job history apparently.

Grant thinks he is a professional "anything he talks about".

Danny is a professional stroker.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, purbeast said:

So you don't know Chris Russel's job history apparently.

Grant thinks he is a professional "anything he talks about".

Danny is a professional stroker.

I wish Danny would grow a pair and push back at Grant every once in a while, they agree on EVERYTHING!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It really really sucks that the only options we have for the mid-day show is Fat Grant and Unfunny Danny, and 200 year old angry old man Doc Walker.  It's like having to choose between dog **** or cat piss.  They both stink terribly.  I've been not listening to sports radio quite a bit more during the middle of the day because these guys are just awful.

• Like 2

So i know it's older now, but i read from the top.

When Morning Zoo broke their 'story',, we'd made 2 signings. One was a signing everyone knew we were going to go hard after. Even Gruden. (After all, if he got the news of the signing thru the media, he must have also already known if we use worse case scenario... because the inevitability of the move was all over the media for weeks.)
the only other move was DRC signing a one year deal to mentor kids in the secondary.

That was all.

Even SINCE then, all we have done is a very small handful of 1 yr minor depth/ camp fodder level signings.

How much does Gruden need to input on the DRC signing?
This is what the panic was over. He has no input! well, they hadn't made any ****ing signings, and still have only made ONE that is multi-year except to RESIGN Adrian peterson.
I am sure he never told them he liked AP. 
their entire FA strategy has been to make the one move everyone on Earth knew they wanted o do, re-sign one veteran, and then sign low level 1 yr shmucks.
This entire plan could be discussed while standing next to one another in the mens' room.
Panic! Oh No! Sources! oh No! The Worst is Real! No need to think deeper! Bail! Bail!

The Redskins opted to not fire Gruden just a couple of months ago while there were candidates available, and decided the best way to approach the season before we even get halfway through March would be to publicly humiliate him, and hang his balls on the locker room wall.

How does that make any sense?

106.7 has never had a shred of credibility, ever, especially when it comes to the Redskins. It is Morning Zoo and shock show garbage all day long. But they know this fanbase and how easily it is sent off screaming about falling skies.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, purbeast said:

It really really sucks that the only options we have for the mid-day show is Fat Grant and Unfunny Danny, and 200 year old angry old man Doc Walker.  It's like having to choose between dog **** or cat piss.  They both stink terribly.  I've been not listening to sports radio quite a bit more during the middle of the day because these guys are just awful.

i'm surprised because of your ardent defense of sports talk. Grant and Danny are far from the best and I'm glad people are waking up to that. In fact, all sports talk ,under one umbrella, is terrible. It's all the same. 

Whenever I want to listen to Redskins talk I just download a JP Finlay Redskins Talk podcast and listen. No drama. No fuss. No bad callers. 

I have a rotation of NBC Sports Washington podcasts I cycle throughout the workday. 

NBC Sports Washington Redskins Talk 

NBC Sports Washington Capitals Talk

NBC Sports Washington Nationals Talk (Racing Presidents) 

All 3 are solid podcasts that cover DC sports and provide me information I need without  the edgy hosts and 50 minute ad breaks. I would strongly recommend everyone listen to them all. 

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Not really sure what you are referring to about 'ardent defense of sports talk'.  

The defense of the Junkies spreading lies about Gruden not being involved, for one. 

Someone pointed out on reddit that 1067 has had a record lately of reporting fake or inaccurate or heavily exaggerated news. First it was "Gruden has no input in roster decisions" which Hoffman contradicted a few hours later. It hasn't exactly been the best week for 1067 lol. But hey, they are like tabloids at this point. Sensationalize everything for eyeballs! 

Edited by ixcuincle

Not that I really enjoy much of any of our local radio personalities, but not for the same reasons as most.  I just think they suck and having to talk about a team like the Skins doesn’t help them at all.

There is nothing at all interesting about the Redskins.  When the suits speak, they either say nothing or put their foot in their mouth.  Their results stink.  

Perhaps some of you just want them to play make-believe where this team has a chance to do anything of merit in the near future.

The team is boring.  Even the stuff that is supposed to “shocking” is boring and doesn’t move the needle.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

The defense of the Junkies spreading lies about Gruden not being involved, for one. 

Someone pointed out on reddit that 1067 has had a record lately of reporting fake or inaccurate or heavily exaggerated news. First it was "Gruden has no input in roster decisions" which Hoffman contradicted a few hours later. It hasn't exactly been the best week for 1067 lol. But hey, they are like tabloids at this point. Sensationalize everything for eyeballs! 

I didn't defend anything.  I just clarified that they were passing along second hand information.  

Someone disagreeing with you doesn't mean it's defending anything, let alone one time.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not that I really enjoy much of any of our local radio personalities, but not for the same reasons as most.  I just think they suck and having to talk about a team like the Skins doesn’t help them at all.

There is nothing at all interesting about the Redskins.  When the suits speak, they either say nothing or put their foot in their mouth.  Their results stink.  

Perhaps some of you just want them to play make-believe where this team has a chance to do anything of merit in the near future.

The team is boring.  Even the stuff that is supposed to “shocking” is boring and doesn’t move the needle.

The biggest nothing burger of all time was BA addressing the media at the combine at his 5th altered time slot of 8am.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

Just now, purbeast said:

I didn't defend anything.  I just clarified that they were passing along second hand information.  

Someone disagreeing with you doesn't mean it's defending anything.

And me and Bang and others on reddit are just point out that 1067 isn't exactly known for relaying accurate information. I laughed so hard when Hoffman contradicted that report and Finlay (who appears on 1067 often) immediately dropped a denial on the podcast like "Come on this is NOT true" 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

And me and Bang and others on reddit are just point out that 1067 isn't exactly known for relaying accurate information. I laughed so hard when Hoffman contradicted that report and Finlay (who appears on 1067 often) immediately dropped a denial on the podcast like "Come on this is NOT true" 

Contradicted is fair, but nobody at 106.7 or even Jay himself denounced EB's rumor as entirely false.  He was being 'extra' as he has a tendency to do.  It wasn't entirely untrue.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Contradicted is fair, but nobody at 106.7 or even Jay himself denounced EB's rumor as entirely false.  He was being 'extra' as he has a tendency to do.  It wasn't entirely untrue.

it was repeatedly derided as false by Keim / Finlay / anyone following the team. 1067 just reports discord and drama and exaggerates it as fake news. They are the National Enquirer of sports. 

On 3/26/2015 at 7:25 AM, Burgold said:

Heck, we could elect someone from ES and it'd be better.  I've put three ESers on the radio back when I was on the air and they all did a stand up job. Bang would probably get my top vote. He can be funny, doesn't mind being opinionated, and he knows how to stand up to hate.

Edit: and if one of you do get the gig... you better bring me in as a producer... at the least!

I accept this nomination!

I can be hilariously funny, i am nothing but opinionated, and hate is something i've lived with plenty. Used to be eagles fans would email me death threats and such about my mother. (Not a joke)

the Bang Radio Hour podcast just finished it's 14th season, (which may actully make it one of hte oldest podcasts there is.)...

for a preview of o much better radio could be... give it 60 seconds,  and then if you turn it off, it's up to you. I'm figuring the first 60 seconds will keep you pegged for a while. if you remember the old cartoons,, you will probably like it. (And if you remember them, i have news. But not here. Enough of a hijack)
http://bangradiohour.com/bang-radio-hour-4352-bob-goes-whorin/

~Plug

• Like 1

Second hand info could be

"What did jay say before we signed DRC?"
source: "They didn't bug him over that little thing."

News update: OH MY GOD JAY IS A CUCK!

This yr rumors had us interested in Joe flacco (and still the only source for this is some denver radio guy)..  nope.
Had us hot to trot for AB: nope.

Had us hot to trot for CJ Moseley:   nope...

Deals we made? No rumors.
Source says the Redskins will make a few of 1 yr doughboy signings! Tune in for the latest!..  not gonna fly.

Many of these "sources" are likely agents driving up price or trying to force action. "Well..   the REDSKINS are interested, and you know how they are..."
I always remember when Willis Mcgahee got drafted.
everyone saw his knee get blown up in the Nat'l Championship...  and his stock was falling and during the draft, the camera showed him,, and he was on the phone. And next to him, his agent was on another phone. And they were talking to no one but each other because when the camera came on, the agent said "act like you're talking"...  and the Buffalo Bills bit and drafted him and said later they jumped because they thought they were talking to other teams.

"sources".

~Bang

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

it was repeatedly derided as false by Keim / Finlay / anyone following the team. 1067 just reports discord and drama and exaggerates it as fake news. They are the National Enquirer of sports. 

Yes, the part about Jay having no idea about Collins being on the radar, was shot down by everyone.  I’m not sure anyone ever believed that Jay literally had no clue that Collins, Keenum, basically any FA or avail player, was an option.  However the same folks that shot that idea down, haven’t been painting a rosey picture about the inner workings in Ashburn.  Like I said, sounds like EB was exaggerating what he was told, but that doesn’t mean there is no truth in there at all.

• 3 weeks later...