Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Doc can kick rocks, but I think Mitchell is pretty good.

Mitchell was good as part of a 3 person show. Not the host. Not reading promos and updates. 

Doc has been phoning it in for years. He's a safe space for Redskins front office guys to come on the radio. But you can tell he's doesn't prep. Even on the Skins. Recently when he was talking to a beat reporter and kept referencing the Giants as powerhouse team. The beat guy had to finally correct him that it had been years since they were that.

Look at Urban One's website

https://urban1.com/

Can't tell they do sportstalk. The Copyright at the bottom still says 2019. No social media links. No live streaming links. Almost feels like a fake company.

I really just want something other than the fat clowns on 1067. I really liked Cooley and Czabe during the afternoon drive--they seemed to have good chemistry, and it was a fairly reasonable show. I don't mind the Junkies, but Grant, Danny, and Fat Dukes are unbearable to listen to.

Someone mentioned to Grant on Twitter that the Nats would go 9-2 on this homestand. Paulsen said he'd do a back flip. That uncoordinated douche couldn't do a backflip on a trampoline. They Nats are more likely to go 12-0 on this 11 game stand.

• Haha 2

I like Chad.  He grew on me big time.  When he was on with Lavar, I couldn't stand either of them, and especially Lavar.  But by himself I like him, and he has a lot of good guests too.  He can definitely get on his soap box sometimes though which is annoying.

10000% agree about G&D.  I always have something on in my ear at work but recently I've found myself pulling it out when Grant and Danny continue to jerk eachother off, and when Grant's fat lips smack as he talks, it makes me want to put my fist through my monitor.  They are just complete douchebags and Danny is the most unfunny person I've ever heard.  I can't imagine what idiots go to his standup routine.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The 106.7 crew are tough for me...

On one hand, they all seem decent and normal-guy enough where I don't have anything against them. They may come off whiny or agitating at times, but they are mostly pretty real guys. 

On the other hand...well, that same thing is my issue. It irritates me that I could basically be doing what they do. It mostly feels like a bunch of buddies are sitting around and discussing sports in their parents' wood-paneled basement in Annandale. 

21 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I like Chad.  He grew on me big time.  When he was on with Lavar, I couldn't stand either of them, and especially Lavar.  But by himself I like him, and he has a lot of good guests too.  He can definitely get on his soap box sometimes though which is annoying.

10000% agree about G&D.  I always have something on in my ear at work but recently I've found myself pulling it out when Grant and Danny continue to jerk eachother off, and when Grant's fat lips smack as he talks, it makes me want to put my fist through my monitor.  They are just complete douchebags and Danny is the most unfunny person I've ever heard.  I can't imagine what idiots go to his standup routine.  

The lip smacking complaint cracks me up 🤣

It's his know it all attitude that irritates the hell out of me.

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The lip smacking complaint cracks me up 🤣

Yeah that too, and then you have Danny giving him a BJ while he lets you know that he knows it all.

But I know you know what I am talking about with the lip smacking too.  Once you notice it, it's impossible to NOT notice it.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, spjunkies said:

About the fifth time he said "You can think that, we'll go on being right" in one show is when I stopped. He's such a condecending asshat.

7 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

On one hand, they all seem decent and normal-guy enough where I don't have anything against them. They may come off whiny or agitating at times, but they are mostly pretty real guys. 

This is why the Junkies have re-grown on me. They have some horrible takes from time to time (Strasburg has the worst contract in baseball), but who doesn't. They're fun, I don't think they take themselves too seriously.

• Like 3

Yeah the Junkies just remind me of me chilling with my boys and shooting the **** talking about sports.  That is why I think a lot of people can relate to em.

EB can get annoying because he has to make everything about himself, but then when they joan on him he cries like a little ****.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

About the fifth time he said "You can think that, we'll go on being right" in one show is when I stopped. He's such a condecending asshat.

This is why the Junkies have re-grown on me. They have some horrible takes from time to time (Strasburg has the worst contract in baseball), but who doesn't. They're fun, I don't think they take themselves too seriously.

The thing about the Junkies is that they kinda cancel each other out. Plus they're never serious about anything. So they can have a totally wrong take and I don't get too mad at it because I can generality say they're throwing stuff at the wall. G&D, and i used to be a big fan of theirs, are just impossible if you disagree. Like the whole judge QBs by wins stuff. Dukes is the worst though because he got disrespectful with callers one too many times for my liking. Now I won't even give him a pass through to see what his topic of discussion is. 

My guy, everyday is Al Galdi. Wifey thinks he's too serious and has a weird voice, but i just like his music selection and his personality. Czabe is hit or miss for me. During the Sports Reporters years, i had sworn him off, but he won me back with Cooley and Galdi. Now I'm not a fan of Cooley and more. But sometimes Czabe can show some of his old annoying self (like a segment he did about parking/sitting in the mesh between handicapped spots, and kinda judging who is /isn't handicapped. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yep, even Grant and Danny come off that way for me. Chad Dukes is much more grating, but even he is just a guy. 

Like I said though, that's annoying too. How come I don't make lots of money for millions to hear MY uneducated takes? I have them too...haha

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Oh, and Galdi is great. I used to think he was too serious too, but now I think it's part of his shtick. He's prepared and VERY knowledgeable. 

I think he's really good too. Really smart. I do think he's better with another person on a show. But solo he's still good. Go-Go Thursday's. He has the knowledge of Andy Polin without the snark. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yep, even Grant and Danny come off that way for me. Chad Dukes is much more grating, but even he is just a guy. 

Like I said though, that's annoying too. How come I don't make lots of money for millions to hear MY uneducated takes? I have them too...haha

Grant and Danny are basically the same person. So much that when I'm listening I'm not sure who is speaking. They sound the same. Have the same jokes and references. I don't think they are AWFUL mainly because they can speak about the Caps and the Nats and the Wizards without sounding like they're making it up....... like Doc does on 980 when he clearly hasn't watched more than some highlights or read a 1 paragraph recap. I also think 106.7 has some good beat reporter type guests minus Chris Russell who still hasn't learned how to speak for radio. He continually cuts himself off before the end of a sentence....sometimes the end of a word. It's RADIO. Speak clearly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Grant and Danny are basically the same person. So much that when I'm listening I'm not sure who is speaking. They sound the same. Have the same jokes and references. I don't think they are AWFUL mainly because they can speak about the Caps and the Nats and the Wizards without sounding like they're making it up....... like Doc does on 980 when he clearly hasn't watched more than some highlights or read a 1 paragraph recap. I also think 106.7 has some good beat reporter type guests minus Chris Russell who still hasn't learned how to speak for radio. He continually cuts himself off before the end of a sentence....sometimes the end of a word. It's RADIO. Speak clearly.

You think Grant and Danny sound the same??? I agree with everything you said except that, Danny is bearable, but Grant's whiny voice has me on the edge of going to the studio and giving him a good punch in the nose.

21 hours ago, spjunkies said:

You think Grant and Danny sound the same??? I agree with everything you said except that, Danny is bearable, but Grant's whiny voice has me on the edge of going to the studio and giving him a good punch in the nose.

Until once references the other by name or themselves by name. I have NO IDEA who is speaking. NO joke.

• Haha 1

Agreed - Galdi is the best thing going right now in local radio.

The Junkies - meh.  They can be funny when they are clowning on eachother, but they get down the rabbit hole of talking golf and poker too much for me.... 

I think BMitch needs a stronger personality to navigate the show with him, and he would be better.... LOL, I agree with everyone - Doc is just off the rails and unlistenable.

Well 106.7 has been cut off for the rest of the day at work.  I will be listening to old man Doc until I leave in an hour or so.

Grant and Danny just started playing that Baby Shark song that my 4 year old son learned about 3 days ago from his 3 year old friend and were having a full segment discussing it.

Edited by purbeast
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Well 106.7 has been cut off for the rest of the day at work.  I will be listening to old man Doc until I leave in an hour or so.

Grant and Danny just started playing that Baby Shark song that my 4 year old son learned about 3 days ago from his 3 year old friend and were having a full segment discussing it.

I heard that segment.

They started doing a best DC Athlete ever topic with a Walter Johnson start "His stats are insane, but 100 years ago and only against white guys". I get that. They declared Ovie #1 then asked about Riggo and Monk. Didn't mention Darrell Green before I got out of the car. To me he's in front of Riggo and Monk. He might be #1 at least in the last 50+ years in DC. 

13 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I heard that segment.

They started doing a best DC Athlete ever topic with a Walter Johnson start "His stats are insane, but 100 years ago and only against white guys". I get that. They declared Ovie #1 then asked about Riggo and Monk. Didn't mention Darrell Green before I got out of the car. To me he's in front of Riggo and Monk. He might be #1 at least in the last 50+ years in DC. 

Darrell Green isn't even in the same universe as Ovechkin or even Scherzer for that matter.

• Like 2