Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

4 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Is it Scott Lynn or Scott Jackson who co-hosts with him? For some reason, I can't stand that guy. It's not his knowledge but it's just listening to him. Oh well, I'll drink in sports radio in the mornings and leave it at that. 

I think it's Lynn but I can't put a voice to who it is right now.  I like both of them though.  

We got streaming radio access at work like 2 months ago so I basically have an ear bud in my one ear all day at work while I'm at my desk, and it's always on 1067 for the most part.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, purbeast said:

I've been tolerating Grant and Danny because it's football season and they are talking a lot of football

I've been doing the same with the Junkies in the mornings. They can be fun when the Redskins are winning. 

I got in my car to go to lunch the other day and Grant and Danny were on. 10 seconds in, I dont recall what they were discussing,  but Grant, in that nasally, pretentious-douche voice proclaims "You can think that, we'll go on being right."

Click.

• Haha 3

That reminds me of the last time I listened to Grant and Danny because I was changing audio modes from auxillary. 1067 was my fm setting probably because of a Nats game the day before. The second I hear Grant and Danny they say "Redskins" and I change the channel. All they do is talk Redskins all day. Even in the offseason. How is that possible? 

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:55 AM, purbeast said:

We got streaming radio access at work like 2 months ago so I basically have an ear bud in my one ear all day at work while I'm at my desk, and it's always on 1067 for the most part.

Samesies.  1067 is solid, I like their entire lineup. Being out of market, it's the only DC sports radio station I can get on the radio.com app.

Way better than listening to these punk ass Broncos fans whining. 

15 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

That reminds me of the last time I listened to Grant and Danny because I was changing audio modes from auxillary. 1067 was my fm setting probably because of a Nats game the day before. The second I hear Grant and Danny they say "Redskins" and I change the channel. All they do is talk Redskins all day. Even in the offseason. How is that possible? 

That part I don't mind...I could listen to the Redskins most days, to be honest with you. I get tired of them, but once I am I usually don't feel like sports talk at all. It's not like I yearn to hear about how the Nats' fourth starter might fare in an upcoming July tilt with the Marlins. 

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's not like I yearn to hear about how the Nats' fourth starter might fare in an upcoming July tilt with the Marlins.

They don't really talk about that--it's typically making excuses for Davey that they ripped Dusty for.

• Like 1

That part I don't mind...I could listen to the Redskins most days, to be honest with you. I get tired of them, but once I am I usually don't feel like sports talk at all. It's not like I yearn to hear about how the Nats' fourth starter might fare in an upcoming July tilt with the Marlins. 

Same.  I don't really enjoy/care as much about Caps and Wizards stuff during their off season, with the exception of some times and big moves being made, etc.  I could hear Redskins talk year round though.  I could also go without ever hearing a lick of Nats news.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2018 at 12:53 PM, purbeast said:

Same.  I don't really enjoy/care as much about Caps and Wizards stuff during their off season, with the exception of some times and big moves being made, etc.  I could hear Redskins talk year round though.  I could also go without ever hearing a lick of Nats news.

The Capitals discussions from April - June were more fun than anything that's been discussed in this town since January of 1992. And then the coverage of their celebrations and parading the cup around D.C. That first weekend when they got back was legendary.

Wizards stuff is the most meaningless, it'a a sinking ship that isn't even interesting. The NBA is a 4 team league that honestly only makes sense for people who don't actually like teams to care about. Even when the Redskins suck it's a spectacular ****show. Wizards is just a record spinning over and over.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The Capitals discussions from April - June were more fun than anything that's been discussed in this town since January of 1992. And then the coverage of their celebrations and parading the cup around D.C. That first weekend when they got back was legendary.

Eh...if you care about hockey I don't blame you for feeling that way. But most people in this area simply don't care too much. For me and most of those that I know, it was a brief distraction and then out of mind. 

Also, if you're counting the beginning of the playoff run as "fun" then you must enjoy meltdowns. The first few days were just various hosts and fans who don't really know much about hockey claiming that the Caps were once again coming up short and that Trotz, Ovi, etc. should be gone. HA!

Eh...if you care about hockey I don't blame you for feeling that way. But most people in this area simply don't care too much. For me and most of those that I know, it was a brief distraction and then out of mind. 

Also, if you're counting the beginning of the playoff run as "fun" then you must enjoy meltdowns. The first few days were just various hosts and fans who don't really know much about hockey claiming that the Caps were once again coming up short and that Trotz, Ovi, etc. should be gone. HA!

I bet you are fun at parties.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not gonna lie, Doc is starting to grow on me. He's your cliche angry old man, especially after the Skins lose, but once you accept it for what it is its not that bad. But as I said before, once football season is over he's gonna be painful to listen to.

I have noticed that he’s toned his angry down a bit.  I’d imagine he had a talking-to.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nah, yall have just been successfully conditioned. ?

Not really.  I still find him empty and honestly don’t enjoy hearing about how tough the teams from 30+ years ago were.

I just noticed he doesn’t appear to be as angry, crapping on callers, and screaming from the mountaintops like he was in the first few weeks.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not really.  I still find him empty and honestly don’t enjoy hearing about how tough the teams from 30+ years ago were.

I just noticed he doesn’t appear to be as angry, crapping on callers, and screaming from the mountaintops like he was in the first few weeks.

That's how it starts :(

• Haha 1