Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

6 hours ago, justice98 said:

That would never fly here.  I couldn't imagine a radio host in say, Kansas City, doing a local DC show.  

Yeah, I was under the impression that Czabe had a longstanding relationship with another show in Milwaukee and appeared on that show very regularly. And he's had national shows several times in the past. And of course a lot of these guys have had to move around to various markets throughout their careers.

But doing two separate local shows in separate markets is a new one to me. 

I don't listen to Czabe much anymore just due to the time it's on, but I'm not a big fan of the format of his show anymore.  It seems like when I did catch it, he was hardly every talking about anything local sports as it is, if he was even talking sports at all.  

11 hours ago, justice98 said:

That would never fly here.  I couldn't imagine a radio host in say, Kansas City, doing a local DC show.  

Why not?

Half the Junkies follow other football teams, only one gives a **** about the Nats. They're mainly gambling addicts.

Grant Paulsen is an O's fan. Who cares about Danny Rouhier...he'd rather do horrible impressions.

Fat Dukes only cares about wrestling and guns

And that's the #1 radio station in DC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Why not?

Half the Junkies follow other football teams, only one gives a **** about the Nats. They're mainly gambling addicts.

Grant Paulsen is an O's fan. Who cares about Danny Rouhier...he'd rather do horrible impressions.

there you go.

Sad state of affairs that both the sportstalk stations in town are pretty awful these days. Yeah, for the most part the teams are bad also. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Why not?

Paulsen being an O's fan is news to me.  Which Junkie is a Nats fan?  I know EB is a converted O's fan...but dude is about as fairweather as they come. 

I think he meant his fat ass is an Oreos fan cause that is probably what he is eating while broadcasting and smacking his fat lips together.  

When I'm listening to him at work and I hear his lip smack it is like fingernails on a chalkboard and I have to take my ear buds out.

I've been listening to Sheehan podcast and some CDVTW instead of Grant and Unfunny Danny during the 10-2 hours at work recently, especially that the Caps are out of it and there is a lot of Nats talk.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Paulsen being an O's fan is news to me.  Which Junkie is a Nats fan?  I know EB is a converted O's fan...but dude is about as fairweather as they come. 

Paulsen grew up an Orioles fan and has said so on air many times.

EB is the Nats fan--Bishop is a Red Sox fan (and 9ers fan apparently. Probably jumped on the Montana-Young bandwagon).

Cakes is a Raiders fan, I believe. JP likes the Redskins, but is also a Colts fan, I think.

EB is the only real DC sports fan.

They're all over the place.

30 minutes ago, purbeast said:

there is a lot of Nats talk.

Because that station, and sports talk as a whole, thrives on negativity. When the Nats won under Baker, what was the hot topic? Grant Paulsen screaming about batting order, despite having one the best offenses in the majors those two years.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Paulsen grew up an Orioles fan and has said so on air many times.

EB is the Nats fan--Bishop is a Red Sox fan (and 9ers fan apparently. Probably jumped on the Montana-Young bandwagon).

Cakes is a Raiders fan, I believe. JP likes the Redskins, but is also a Colts fan, I think.

EB is the only real DC sports fan.

They're all over the place.

Because that station, and sports talk as a whole, thrives on negativity. When the Nats won under Baker, what was the hot topic? Grant Paulsen screaming about batting order, despite having one the best offenses in the majors those two years.

So Paulsen and EB are the same then. LOL.  I don't pay Paulsen much mind.  He's got a platform, so he thinks he's right all the time, but he comes off sounding goofy. 

EB was a Cubs fan...O's fan...now Nats. 

5 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

So Paulsen and EB are the same then. LOL.  I don't pay Paulsen much mind.  He's got a platform, so he thinks he's right all the time, but he comes off sounding goofy. 

He's also on MLB Network, so his opinion is the only valid one.

I don't remember EB being a Cubs fan, but whatever, that station is awful to listen to. They trump being the #1 Sports Station--but it's really by default. 980 is slashing people left and right and will probably be gone soon.

Y'all know why the radio stations are so trash? Because podcasts and social media delivers so much more...

I don't mind 106.7 though. The Junkies have grown on me. As well as Dukes.

I like B-Mitch of course. Al Galdi is okay... The rest of 980 is trash.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I just mean because baseball sucks.  The only thing more boring than watching baseball is listening to people talk about it.

I don't think they thrive on negativity at all.  That's just all this area has known the past 20+ years.  Up until last year.  Last's Capitals run was incredible and the only real positive thing sports wise to happen in this area as long as I can remember, and I'm 37.

Due to this, there is a lot of negative stuff to talk about, especially since football in general by FAR is more popular than any other sport, and the Redskins have been the laughing stock of the NFL as long as I've been listening to sports radio.

I listen to the junkies every day while at work, then sometimes I try to listen to Grant and Unfunny Danny, but lately been listening to more local podcasts over them.  Then I'll catch some of Chad on the way home.  I like a lot of the early guests he has on regularly.  I also just enjoy the junkies because it's like me and my homies shooting the **** for 4 hours with sports being the main topic.  EB can get very annoying though since he has to make everything about himself all the time, then cries when people joan on him.

55 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I think he meant his fat ass is an Oreos fan cause that is probably what he is eating while broadcasting and smacking his fat lips together.  

He doesn't eat those any more, because of EMP 180 weight loss. Have you heard about EMP 180 weight loss, becuase they'll tell you about it. They'll help you change your life...for the small sum of about $5000.

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I just mean because baseball sucks.  The only thing more boring than watching baseball is listening to people talk about it.

Yes, we all know you hate baseball--but it doesn't invalidate my point.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

He doesn't eat those any more, because of EMP 180 weight loss. Have you heard about EMP 180 weight loss, becuase they'll tell you about it. They'll help you change your life...for the small sum of about $5000.

I wonder if he's looking at this thread now from his home which was supplied with new windows from WINDOW NATION.

• Haha 1

Grant loves to throw out that he knows people involved with teams.

"I was texting with a friend of mine who is a high ranking official in the Phillies organization"

Ugh, I would love to punch this guy.

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Grant loves to throw out that he knows people involved with teams.

"I was texting with a friend of mine who is a high ranking official in the Phillies organization"

Ugh, I would live to punch this guy.

Grant Paulsen has one of the most punchable faces in America.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2019 at 7:59 AM, purbeast said:

I don't listen to Czabe much anymore just due to the time it's on, but I'm not a big fan of the format of his show anymore.  It seems like when I did catch it, he was hardly every talking about anything local sports as it is, if he was even talking sports at all.  

I think he'd do better as a national show (which I know he's had or currently has). He seems to dabble in local stuff but I think he does a nice job talking about big picture things and doing some non-sports bits. 

When I was younger, I HATED Czaben because he was more cynical than I wanted to hear. Now I usually agree with his points. Maybe I'm just old now. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

they are pushing them hard on the DC podcasts too. 

I don't think anyone is pushing them. The Ravens have said that they want a larger DC-area contingent and are focusing marketing money in this direction. I don't think these podcasts or stations have the luxury of turning down sponsorship dollars.