Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

On 7/5/2019 at 11:23 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

As fun as it is to rail on DC sports guys, I do feel bad for them (a little.... maybe a smidge...microscopic fiber.... somethings there, definitely).

If I had yo cover all these suckass teams for decades, I'd probably be muttering t

myself incoherently, biting at random people, and living in a dark boiler room too

I mean, isn’t that actually what you do?

25 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

What part do you believe to be misinformation - the number of people who have left or the perception that it's an awful place to work? 

I can't stand Russell, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if both things in your quote are completely accurate. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

What part do you believe to be misinformation - the number of people who have left or the perception that it's an awful place to work? 

I can't stand Russell, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if both things in your quote are completely accurate. 

Russel isn't in the business of reporting facts. Just remember that.

He may be right in it's a bad place to work but I wouldn't be surprised if he is seriously fudging the numbers for ratings. 1 person leaves. "40 PEOPLE LEFT, ORGANIZATION IS DUMPSTER FIRE" - Chris Russell

But he's reliable...because "people told him". Yeah okay. People tell you **** here too.

Edited by ixcuincle

1 minute ago, ixcuincle said:

Russel isn't in the business of reporting facts. Just remember that.

He may be right in it's a bad place to work but I wouldn't be surprised if he is seriously fudging the numbers for ratings. 1 person leaves. "40 PEOPLE LEFT, ORGANIZATION IS DUMPSTER FIRE" - Chris Russell

You may be right, but this also seems like something that's easily verifiable if another reporter either wanted to confirm or refute it. 

The way that quote reads, just sounds like click bait. Unless he does a step by step breakdown of why each of them left. I dont think Ashburn is a good place to be, but im calling bs on the  notion that all those people left solely for that reason.

And does he give a timetable? If 40 people have left total during Snyder's tenure, or 40 people in  a couple years, that also paints a very different picture.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

They fired Lafamina and company just after Christmas so I'm sure that crew had at least a half dozen people. Plus other employees that bought into changes just to be taken away are probably disgruntled. The Redskins on and off the field are poorly run. What a surprise! 

I also imagine a lot of sales people could have been looking for greener pastures with season tickets being down.

5 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Russell's problem is that he states common knowledge or fact as news. Breaking news: Dan Snyder is unpopular. Wow. What a revelation, Chris.

I think his major problem is that he's on the radio but can't speak clearly or construct a complete sentence without cutting himself off in the middle.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

They fired Lafamina and company just after Christmas so I'm sure that crew had at least a half dozen people. Plus other employees that bought into changes just to be taken away are probably disgruntled. The Redskins on and off the field are poorly run. What a surprise! 

I also imagine a lot of sales people could have been looking for greener pastures with season tickets being down.

Well that's the feeling I get (that it's nothing new), but "40 people left in one offseason because it's a toxic culture) just seems more sensationalistic than " A number of people have been fired over the last several years due to conflicting ideas over the direction of the franchise. Others left to pursue better opportunities with other clubs. Others remain but voice their frustration over the poorly run nature of the franchise."

That sounds remarkably different People come and go from all of these teams, and people stay, even at the bad ones. The NFL is a league of constant turnover, so it wouldn't shock me at all if most teams experience this.

What would shock me is if there is an even deeper level of chaos going on there that would actually be worthy of that headline, and right now, doesnt seem to be a "There!" there.

This is a typical Skins type of situation. Nobody is saying they seem like a great org to work for. This thread has been anti-Bruce Allen for years now. The issue is Russell while have some sources and can post a real scoop, has also posted his share of things that weren't true or ended up being untrue. So the question remains, why can't 106.7 upgrade their Skins insider? The Model for getting it right is John Keim. Look for somebody who is like him.

2 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

This is a typical Skins type of situation. Nobody is saying they seem like a great org to work for. This thread has been anti-Bruce Allen for years now. The issue is Russell while have some sources and can post a real scoop, has also posted his share of things that weren't true or ended up being untrue. So the question remains, why can't 106.7 upgrade their Skins insider? The Model for getting it right is John Keim. Look for somebody who is like him.

Craig Hoffman is the real Redskins guy at 1067 and shoots down a bunch of nonsense that comes from Russell. I honestly think they keep him around because the Program Director seems like a decent guy who feels bad for him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Craig Hoffman is the real Redskins guy at 1067 and shoots down a bunch of nonsense that comes from Russell. I honestly think they keep him around because the Program Director seems like a decent guy who feels bad for him.

Maybe Russell is super affordable? I think that's why 980 keeps Doc Walker. I imagine he's paid low compared to other athletes who have hosted.

I don't think it will matter. But email the program manager and be blunt about what you like and what you don't. 

• Like 1

Yeah, sounds like Russel is taking the facts and just wording it so that it is sensationalized and prime for click--bait. It's not shocking to anybody because everyone knows about the bad culture, Bruce, Dan, etc.  And is it that much of a stretch to have 40 people leave in a big organization in 7 months? Not much going on in sports right now. He is prob going off of truth, but it is just stirring the pot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

I was running some errands yesterday after 4pm and it was very strange hearing CZabe going head to head with Polin on the other station.  Back in the Sports Reporters days I would have NEVER thought this day would come.

Noticed the same thing recently. I was thinking that if I created a Sportstalk station, I could actually have a great use for Andy. I'd have him do the updates and also small bits like "Old School Andy". In small doses, I do still like him. When he goes down the Old Man Andy "get off my lawn" stuff. That's when I tune out.

p.s.- Loverro is still awful. If I could create the worst Sportstalk show in History. It would be called "Unlistenable with Chris Russell, Doc Walker and Thom Loverro" 

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4