Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Seems lime Grant adds a new layer of annoying every week. Now he has started doing this thing where he balls up a sheet of paper into the mic after doing a read.

WTF is this guys deal?

When the Princess kissed him, she realized what a douchebag he was, and stopped half way through. So the transformation was incomplete

Football_Grant-Paulsen.jpg

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Seems lime Grant adds a new layer of annoying every week. Now he has started doing this thing where he balls up a sheet of paper into the mic after doing a read.

WTF is this guys deal?

I've been listening to 980 from 10-2 at work this week and it's been oh so much better.  Even better today was that Doc was not on his show, but neither was Ghaldi, just Scott.

Oh but I went to my car today around noon to check my phone and take a little break and 1067 was on.  

At the end of the segment Grant said (paraphrasing) "There is a list with Jay Gruden on it that has him at #1 and it may be a surprise to some of you all, but it wasn't a surprise to me.  Danny, do you think it will come as a surprise to the listeners?"

Take a guess what Danny said.  Do you think dick sucking Danny agreed with Grant or disagreed with him.

JUST TAKE A WILD GUESS WHICH WAY HE WENT!!!

• Haha 2

I was deep into some code as the Junkies ended and I didn't realize that Grant Fat Paulsen and Unfunny Danny were about to start so I caught the very beginning of their show before I could unlock my other computer and change to 980, and I caught that today is Unfunny Danny's birthday.

Anyone have a guess how old he turned?

I was SHOCKED that he turned 40.  I thought dude was like 25 years old because he acts like such an immature douchebag millenial. 

SHOCKED I tell you!

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, purbeast said:

So Chris Russel just got pulled over while calling in for his segment on Chad Dukes show.  It was pretty damn hilarious.

OMG I'm trying not to laugh too much considering I just got teeth pulled out of my skull, but that was the funniest ish I've heard in ages 😂

Edited by spjunkies

14 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Who doesn't have bluetooth in their car now a days? What the hell is he driving?

Cannot use Bluetooth when calling into radio. It provides a lot of background noise etc. they went over it and always ask callers to take their phone off speaker and blue tooth. He should’ve pulled over. But it was hilarious on air. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hockeysc23 said:

Cannot use Bluetooth when calling into radio. It provides a lot of background noise etc. they went over it and always ask callers to take their phone off speaker and blue tooth. He should’ve pulled over. But it was hilarious on air. 

If you're a beat guy or a regular calling in. All should have an earbud or even headset for these spots. I was listening to JP Finley call into 106.7 and he was on speakerphone in his car. sounded awful.

BTW

3 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I can't believe I'm saying this..... but I disagree. 

We're arguing over who gets an F and an F- as a grade though. 

Ghaldi is the saving grace.  He's leaps and bounds better than any of the other guys.  And he doesn't have a punchable face nor an irritating voice like the 2 guys on 106.7.  And he doesn't choke on his fat neck at the start of every sentence which just sounds extremely irritating on the radio.  Doc is okay to me especially when talking about football, so I can deal with him most of the time.  I feel like Ghaldi takes point most of the time which is good.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, purbeast said:

Ghaldi is the saving grace.  He's leaps and bounds better than any of the other guys.  And he doesn't have a punchable face nor an irritating voice like the 2 guys on 106.7.  And he doesn't choke on his fat neck at the start of every sentence which just sounds extremely irritating on the radio.  Doc is okay to me especially when talking about football, so I can deal with him most of the time.  I feel like Ghaldi takes point most of the time which is good.

Doesn't work like that for me. All I want to do is ship Galdi a back brace for all the carrying he's doing. I heard Doc refer to two different people/things/something as "The Bearcat" in one segment. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, purbeast said:

This is kinda where I am. Galdi is my guy and I ride with him (literally). Doc isn't an easy listen but he's growing on me. He knows football and he's a lot more no-nonsense than Galdi. Its like, I'm a mathematician so I understand the importance of studying numbers and patterns, analytics and algorithms and such. But there's also a feel for the game and things that the numbers don't show you. Heck I work in machine learning and prediction and so I can see firsthand how limited stuff like using the past to predict the future can be. And sometimes Doc just cuts through the stuff and says it plainly. Like with the injury talk, Galdi was positive about what Jay said. Its not analytics based and it is kinda going against the previous sentence, but Doc was more like I'll believe it when I see it. Jay has told you that he doesn't know injuries so why do we believe him when he speaks positive on injuries? And thats so much of how I feel. 

But sometimes Doc just gets a little too excited with his directness. Its like he's not open for conversation. And I can kinda relate sometimes because he has a deep voice and so he may sound angrier than he really is but it can be intimidating or just bad radio to hear him talking to Galdi (who doesn't have a puny voice by any means) like a child sometimes. But this is a new thing. I remember when I listened to 1067 and they had all the different pairings that just made me cringe, like UnWise Mike and ?, or Holden and Danny. I liked Holden a lot when he started off but he would go on some rants like his health food talk (which is kinda similar to Galdi and his lifting stuff), but I think he would have been better if he wasn't with Danny. It was like they had no chemistry. I honestly (and this is a new idea) think Holden would be a nice partner with Galdi. I liked Holden a lot more when he was doing the 7-10 slot by himself. His first month or so was kinda straight sports talk with little to no skits. Its not that I hate skits but some of them just fall so flat. But I listen to the Junkies for their skits more than their sports knowledge. BTW - they did BDK Kevin wrong yesterday over that tattoo. 

Lol what actually happened during that segment? I saw the tattoo posted on social media, and it was definitely an awful tattoo. However, it seems like BDK deleted it from his pages and it gave me the impression they might have actually upset him with their comments. They usually make fun of him for a million different things but he usually seems to be cool with it.

2 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Lol what actually happened during that segment? I saw the tattoo posted on social media, and it was definitely an awful tattoo. However, it seems like BDK deleted it from his pages and it gave me the impression they might have actually upset him with their comments. They usually make fun of him for a million different things but he usually seems to be cool with it.

It was just them really laughing at him over his tattoo. They always laugh at him, so thats nothing new. I don't really like that segment. Them laughing at AWOD (is that his name) is different because he's done nothing with his life, but BDK is meeting celebs and doing these legit movie reviews and still gets laughed at like he's the uncool kid trying to hang at the cool table. I understand that he feels he owes a debt to the Junks because of where he started but I do hate those segments sometimes. 

Yeah I thought the segment was pretty stupid about BDK too.  I agree though the tatoo is hideous and looks like a botched job.  But I'd leave it at that.

The Awadd stuff is definitely funnier.  I was at Pamplona last night and he was supposed to show up but never did.  I have never met him or anything but would have said what's up and let him know I listen to the show and what not.

• Like 1

Ghaldi and Doc are talking about how Gruden wanted to cut Peterson, and they are referring to how the report broke on the Junkies this morning.  I think that's the first time I've ever heard 980 refer to the other station, directly by the actual program name too.

OooOoo a Junkies source!

those always are accurate and whatnot.

Was this before he signed his extension in March?

The week the season is going to begin, and they do their level best to be negative and create idiot's drama.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like always, they are ready to (rightly) jump on this team for the wrongest and dumbest reasons imaginable.

Cutting Peterson would be akin to a harakiri, especially for a lame duck coach, being forced to then rely on a second year novice coming off injury, and Glass Thompson.

These dudes are stupid as ****

• Like 1