Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

27 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm a big Carol Maloney mark going back to the NewsChannel 8 days.  I was into that Maloney/Feldman team 980 had once upon a time.

Would be great if 630 gets it rolling. Having 980 and 106.7 you'd think would be enough to filter out the ****ty hosts. But it's not. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna try out Galdi and Doc today instead of burning my ear drums with Grant Fat Paulsen and Unfunny Danny.  Since it's not just Doc himself and I like Galdi, I'm hoping that it is somewhat bearable.  I was thinking Kevin's show was 7-11 but I guess it ends at 10?

29 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I'm gonna try out Galdi and Doc today instead of burning my ear drums with Grant Fat Paulsen and Unfunny Danny.  Since it's not just Doc himself and I like Galdi, I'm hoping that it is somewhat bearable.  I was thinking Kevin's show was 7-11 but I guess it ends at 10?

Yeah, Kevin's show was ok. Had Casserly on who said he "knows" that Trent's situation is about the $$.

Listening to Carol now. It's decent. Even Andy is ok on it. The chemistry isn't there right now. But compared to Doc/Galdi, they sound like much better.

• Like 1

Caught a little of Grant and Danny accidentally. They were patting themselves on the back about always being right about injuries, referring to Scherzer...and then immediately said except when it's not as bad like Stras elbow a couple years ago.

Pompous, pretentious, douchebags.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Caught a little of Grant and Danny accidentally. They were patting themselves on the back about always being right about injuries, referring to Scherzer...and then immediately said except when it's not as bad like Stras elbow a couple years ago.

Pompous, pretentious, douchebags.

I'm thinking from Noon to 3 is going to be a deadzone unless 630 adds something local. Good time to listen to a podcast or music. I did put on 106.7 a little around 12:30ish. They were talking about the player picked named for that MLB weekend. Not very funny. I still can't tell who is who on that show.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

I actually didn't mind the show yesterday. Monday was kinda a drag with Doc talking over Galdi a lot, but they seemed to have more in Sync yesterday. 

Funny thing is I always wanted somebody to go with Galdi, but I was thinking somebody more energetic like Smoot, not Doc. But Smoot would probably be a younger version of Doc with his jokes that run tiresome after a while. I realized this during Galdi's off week. 

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I'm thinking from Noon to 3 is going to be a deadzone unless 630 adds something local. Good time to listen to a podcast or music. I did put on 106.7 a little around 12:30ish. They were talking about the player picked named for that MLB weekend. Not very funny. I still can't tell who is who on that show.

The lip smacker who sounds like he's choking on his neck at the start of every sentence is Grant.

Danny is the one who thinks he is Frank Caliendo with his impressions.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I find myself listening to most of the podcasts throughout the day. The only 1067 I'll listen to is Sports Junkies for comic relief. They're cool in small doses. And on days like today when I can't get the 980 podcasts, I have to choose between an audiobook, a text-to-speech wikipedia article, my officemates, or WJFK. And outside of the Sports Junkies, all the other 3 beat the other shows on WJFK. 

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

I find myself listening to most of the podcasts throughout the day. The only 1067 I'll listen to is Sports Junkies for comic relief. They're cool in small doses. And on days like today when I can't get the 980 podcasts, I have to choose between an audiobook, a text-to-speech wikipedia article, my officemates, or WJFK. And outside of the Sports Junkies, all the other 3 beat the other shows on WJFK. 

I'll bounce around. The Czabecast. Keim, Sheehan. Then music.

7 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Grant is this one, docha know 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Not saying this is a bad show, but did anyone hear Brian Mitchell's interview of Haskins where Scott Mitchell starts off a question with "I've been accused of farting around the office a lot. Why don't you tell me what a brain fart is". I was driving and wanted to just shake my head in shame at the embarrassment of the DC Media at that moment and what Haskins must have been thinking. 

• Haha 2

I like BMitch and Scott.  They talk a lot of NFL and I just like how BMitch keeps it real.  But some of their segments I am not a fan of like S-Talk and the regulars that call in.  Whenever I hear Rev T is on the phone, I change the station before he can even get a word out of his mouth.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Fat just said "he's allowed to be correct and you're allowed to be wrong".

Thought you'd like to know that :)

Wow, that so unlike him. He's usually so humble.

We're all just dumb ****s and we should be grateful to have access to his brilliance.

Just out of curiosity, what was he referencing?

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Wow, that so unlike him. He's usually so humble.

We're all just dumb ****s and we should be grateful to have access to his brilliance.

Just out of curiosity, what was he referencing?

He was going on about how the Mets crowd is better than the fans at Nationals Park. I was half paying attention TBH, trying to force myself to work on a Monday. 

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

He was going on about how the Mets crowd is better than the fans at Nationals Park.

knew that was coming! KNEW IT

And he will refuse to acknowledge any influence of being in the largest market in the world for 60 years having any effect. We just suck and should listen to how smart and awesome he is. Last time that fat hypocrite was at a game, he was in full Redskins gear--that looked like he got it for free--staring at some papers, and being completely disinterested.

• Like 1