Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly is occupying space in all of your heads

Westbrook36

CK gets rid of his starting QB, RB and number 1 WR and the Eagles will still score 500 points this year. If the defense performs as good as their potential, the Eagles probably win the Superbowl in blowout fashion this year.

Haven't you figured out yet that your maniacal boasts are toxic to the Eagles?

tumblr_lss9b5oSGg1qgek74o1_500.gif

listening to philly sports radio this morning. 

epic.

ripping their "63 million dollar man" maxwell, who spent all night chasing julio jones and a seattle caller said was the 'weak link in that seattle defense',

-their 42 million dollar guy in murray - 8 carries for 9 yards and 4 catches for 11 yards, didnt touch the ball in the final 10:49.

-ripping their second round pick eric rowe barely played

-saying 'theres no deep threat' (no ****)

add in kelly paying a bad WR in cooper 25 mill and kelly starts making mike shanahan look like ozzie newsome. 

1.  Would you rather have Chip Kelly or your current coach?

2.  Would you rather have Sam Bradford (to be coached by Chip Kelly) or your current QB?

Forgive me buddy, but Sam Bradford plays IR, not QB.

I'll ask you one question though.

How do you feel after losing against a bunch of Redskins castoffs?

Polumbus, Chester, Hankerson, Kyle...

I'm glad Bradley Fletcher is no longer going to cover him that for sure lol, but.........tick tock tick tock tick tock.  Tomorrow is the deadline and we'll see what happens.  I think the agents are colluding personally.  We'll see if Dez has the balls to miss game checks knowing his broke arse.

maxwell reportedly gave up 10 catches on 11 targets for 179 yards and two TDs.

another fine signing by chip

CK gets rid of his starting QB, RB and number 1 WR and the Eagles will still score 500 points this year. If the defense performs as good as their potential, the Eagles probably win the Superbowl in blowout fashion this year.

Fixed it for ya:The Eagles probably win/buy a Toiletbowl for blowouts/bowel movements this year.

maxwell reportedly gave up 10 catches on 11 targets for 179 yards and two TDs.

another fine signing by chip

10/11.  I think Iright now, could have broken up or diverted or rendered incomplete more than 1 out of 11 targets (though I would have given up more yards, for sure.)

I was thinking this last night. The Packers must be having nightmares over their preseason shellacking by the Eagles...

(or not at all :lol: )

Indeed. ...Or maybe McCarthy wasn't playing to win. I mean, we left Barrington on an island to cover Sproles. Why? Because preseason is about evaluation, not winning. We learned that Barrington isn't to be trusted covering someone like that (which might be a moot point, because I'm reading reports his season could be over). Defense still needs work, but I'd put my money on the Pack over the Eagles in a real game any day.

I hated the Bradford trade. Have long thought he was overrated.

But I'm not going to make fun of the Eagles after one game.

Because they looked downright terrifying in the second half. Bradford was getting the ball out so quick to so many different guys -- they scored 21 points in like a minute.

Falcons were lucky to hold on.

Eagles are still a gimmicky offense and will not have sustained success in the NFL.

They put their defense in bad spots by running that stupid fast break junk all the time.  For them it's all about quantity, not quality.

It will be cold in hell if they every win anything of significance.  And hey, the Skins put the nail in their coffin last year in which they had a better team than this year.  I doubt they even get 8 wins.

Wow and we think wb36 and the media overreacts after one game.... :)

It was frustrating watching JJ tear up the D, but I'm mot ready to declare them dead yet like the rest of you. two plays really killed them: the illegal contact of the Marty sack/fumble (led to td) and the 3rd and 15 conversion off a run up the gut from the 5 yard line (field goal).

Eagles Oline looked godawful (really the overall reason I thought they lost) and their DC had a terrible gameplan in first half. Those of you mocking Kelly need to give him some credit for halftime adjustments and thought he did excellent clock management in 4th. Major mistake in not going for it on 4th down...said it at the time. Couldn't depend on defense to stop falcons. He also should be blamed for not having them ready and for abandoning the run.

Overall, as an eagles fan I don't know what to expect this year. Defense is a huge concern, but mainly because of my lack of faith in Davis. But, I do know this:

- Murray/Matthews>>> McCoy

- Bradford > floes (good release and thot his accuracy was good despite getting crushed several times

- Oline has to get better or even Walter Payton and jerry rice wouldn't help this team

- they might suck but man they are exciting. That 95 yd drive seemed like a 7 on 7 drill

One other thing, Kyle shanahan was the best thing to happen to the skins since Marty schottenheimer (I loved Gibbs and wished he hadn't of come back and hurt his legacy). KS had great play calling last night.

Cheers, PF

Eagles fans actually thought their play calling was going to become more competent and balanced after Reid left.

That's funny.

Reid and JJ (fav doc ever) had great game plans before the game, but ck does much better job at midgame adjustments IMO. He can't let Sammy pass >50 times though....going to get him killed

Eagles are still a gimmicky offense and will not have sustained success in the NFL.

They put their defense in bad spots by running that stupid fast break junk all the time.  For them it's all about quantity, not quality.

It will be cold in hell if they every win anything of significance.  And hey, the Skins put the nail in their coffin last year in which they had a better team than this year.  I doubt they even get 8 wins.

I'll disagree with this one though.  Call it gimmicky all you want, but it has finished in the top 5 two years straight.  It probably will again.  The offensive lines does concern me though.  The defense (IMO) puts themselves in a bad spot.  If you don't like being on the field, then stop the other squad.  The only problem as I see it is their defense doesn't seem to be any better than last year.  It's week one though, and I'm not hitting the panic button yet.

Wow and we think wb36 and the media overreacts after one game.... :)

It was frustrating watching JJ tear up the D, but I'm mot ready to declare them dead yet like the rest of you. two plays really killed them: the illegal contact of the Marty sack/fumble (led to td) and the 3rd and 15 conversion off a run up the gut from the 5 yard line (field goal)....et al

First, I didn't watch the entire game. But here's what I saw:

Bradford got pounded. At half-time I counted 5 serious RG3-vs-Lions-preseason-game-hits. I want to see what the count was by end of game. He won't last 4 weeks taking a pounding like he took last night. I read where he went for x-rays today but it didn't say for what. He took a beating last night. 

Half-time adjustments - yes, Chippy had some good half-time adjustments. Nice game plan to start the game though. How about 1st half adjustments during the game? Yeah, none.

Nice contract for Byron Maxwell. And you have to love the Philthy faithful for this: 

"Philadelphia Eagles have three of the worst contracts in the NFL - Byron Maxwell, DeMarco Murray, Riley Cooper". Here's the link for you - all of the US saw it first hand last night:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/7/29/9067957/philadelphia-eagles-nfl-contracts-bad-riley-cooper-byron-maxwell-demarco-murray-grantland-worst

Murray/Matthews >> McCoy - WTF? Are you dreaming? Did you see the stats? I'm too lazy to go lookup Philthy stats for McCoy, but I'd be surprised if McCoy ever had a game as bad as the combined stats of Heckle & Jeckle. And at 1/4 the price. Last point: the top paid RB Murray played almost nada in Q4? In Chippy we trust. Nice investment. 

Yeah, okay, Chippy gets Q4 clock management credit. So that's 1/4 or 25% or less of the game. Great point. 

Bradford > Floes - until Bradford holds up for an entire season, you got ****. Bradford had some x-

rays today(?). His skinny ass won't take 4 games of pounding like he took last night. Further, when I was watching he took zero hits on those zone runs. When an LB crushes him after he hands off to Sproles on one of those zone read plays, he's going down like a French whore on nickel night. Then you got Dirty Sanchez & his butt fumbles to run the Chippy system. IF the OL holds up. Peters looked like he was 53 not 33. Got beat like a drum by a rookie DE most of the night. 

Hahaha...exciting. RCunningham was more exciting than Chippy & his college offense. You're too old, but this is the 'Run & Shoot' offense that failed so miserably in 1990. Go talk to Andre Ware, that QB who was >>> every NFL QB.

Seriously, I hope PHL keeps Chippy around for another couple of years. He'll run all of his OL out there & get his QBs killed. But it will be exciting. Better than Reid for the excitement factor. 

All jokes aside, I'm sure this offense will have its moments where it looks like a game of Madden on rookie but overall, I really feel they gambled too hard on iffy players/cutting established players in their prime to win anything.

I see Chip's act getting really old by 2016.

I LOVE their front 7 though. It is truly terrifying 

Archived