Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly is occupying space in all of your heads

Westbrook36

Chip Kelly is the Donald Trump of the NFL!!!

Nah.

"The Donald" has a tendency to be a showman with his words, and not a lot of diplomacy.

However, few can argue that he is a sharp businessman and shrewd with how he deals with folks (especially the press).

The jury is still out on Kelly and how smart or how shrewd he is.

He does seem to have Trump's lack of diplomacy, though. :)

So what circus are you talking about?  The fact that everybody here HOPES Kelly is going to fail?  I get that, but until he actually does I'll reserve judgement.

The only circus in the NFCE is in Dallas with Dez and his wife beater, ooooops, I mean mom beater undershirt from Walmart.

Be honest, you've got to be at least a little nervous! If this all works Chips a genius, but genius is very very rare ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/is-chip-kelly-a-racist--nick-foles-weighs-in-on-his-former-head-coach-011840344.html

Is Chip Kelly a racist? Nick Foles weighs in on his former head coach

<edit>

Now Foles is the Rams' starting QB. He's had time to think about Kelly and the accusations that he's a racist, and he has some thoughts on what he saw in Kelly in his two years with him with the Eagles. The pressures of the job and the responsibilities, Foles believe, put head coaches — especially those with personnel control, a la Kelly — in tough spots where they're forced to answer questions about almost every move that happens.

"Any time you’re a head coach, it’s difficult. Chip is trying to do what he does best," Foles told Shutdown Corner. "He just has to make tough decisions. When I see guys there traded or released, it’s tough because I was with them.

"When Boykin was released the other day, I was surprised. I’m close with Boykin. He's a good player who will definitely help the Steelers, so I was surprised to see the trade from that [perspective]."

Sensing some wavering on the question, I had to ask Foles again, more to the point: Do you have any reason to think Kelly is a racist?

"Well, you know, it’s one of those things where Chip’s got to do what he’s got to do. He’s got the power. I know this whole thing happened, but no, I don’t see anything like that," Foles said.

"It’s tough when you’re somewhere and a team lets you go; I get that part of it. 

"But I had a great relationship with Chip, and I’ll leave it at that."

That's not the most convincing answer of all time to completely end any Kelly racism talk, and yet nor is it anything truly damning from Foles.

But until more people come out with proof of Kelly being a racist, especially with Boykin feeling the need to "clarify" his initial comments and McCoy now avoiding the question when asked publicly, the talk feels a bit speculative and unfair for right now

As much as I love to rag on Kelly, I think that claiming he's racist is a reach. He made questionable decisions with various people of various colors. It's what he does. We don't call him the Wood Chipper for nothing.

He has shown preferential treatment for fellow clowns. Read into that fact what you will...

killer_klowns_from_outer_space_movie_6.j

Archived