Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly is occupying space in all of your heads

Westbrook36

My buddy is a huge Ducks fan. He loved Chip before he went to the Eagles. He claimed that Chip was going to be the best thing that ever happened to the NFL. I talked to him the other day and he said, 'I don't know what the hell Chip is doing, he's ****ing up and I see him back in college real soon.'

I was shocked because in his eyes Chip could do no wrong. I thought he would defend everything. He started rooting for the Eagles when Chip came, his normal team is the Raiders and he just wanted someone else to get excited about in the short term. But, it is starting to look like that Chip has sailed.

My buddy is a huge Ducks fan. He loved Chip before he went to the Eagles. He claimed that Chip was going to be the best thing that ever happened to the NFL. I talked to him the other day and he said, 'I don't know what the hell Chip is doing, he's ****ing up and I see him back in college real soon.'...But, it is starting to look like that Chip has sailed.

I think that seems to be the general consensus. I'm going to say it again, he's Steve Spurrier without control of personnel for the first 2 years he was in the NFL. And therefore, his GM saved him from himself. (Of course in Spurrier's case, the Snyderatto GM combo would have damned him if he hadn't had control of personnel decisions... so, meh)

Your ears pick up different frequencies. As a Philly fan, you wouldn't hear it. :)

So what circus are you talking about?  The fact that everybody here HOPES Kelly is going to fail?  I get that, but until he actually does I'll reserve judgement.

The only circus in the NFCE is in Dallas with Dez and his wife beater, ooooops, I mean mom beater undershirt from Walmart.

So what circus are you talking about?  The fact that everybody here HOPES Kelly is going to fail?  I get that, but until he actually does I'll reserve judgement.

The only circus in the NFCE is in Dallas with Dez and his wife beater, ooooops, I mean mom beater undershirt from Walmart.

that's funny.  There is less a circus than a feeling of unease stemming from the fact that Dez has threatened to miss games.  Given the way he burned your secondary in Philly you must be hoping that he skips the Philadelphia game.

I'm just guessing here, but I think he may have meant:

Crazy Chip's ongoing evacuation of starting pro-bowl level talent in favor of players with either a history of injuries or current injury concerns...

Crazy Chip's less-than-convincing explanations as to why he's choosing to get rid of said players...

Crazy Chip's tenure being referred to as a "high-wire act" in the press...

Crazy Chip's ongoing public back-and-forth between him and his ex-players in the media...

The fact that people now call him "Crazy Chip"...

My buddy is a huge Ducks fan. He loved Chip before he went to the Eagles. He claimed that Chip was going to be the best thing that ever happened to the NFL. I talked to him the other day and he said, 'I don't know what the hell Chip is doing, he's ****ing up and I see him back in college real soon.'

I was shocked because in his eyes Chip could do no wrong. I thought he would defend everything. He started rooting for the Eagles when Chip came, his normal team is the Raiders and he just wanted someone else to get excited about in the short term. But, it is starting to look like that Chip has sailed.

I just can never understand that.  I'm a big Maryland fan, but if Gary Williams left MD and coached in the NBA for Miami, I wouldn't become a Heat fan.  When they leave my favorite college team and go to other teams in the NFL, they are the enemy.  Not that I wish ill will against them, but when they play the Skins, I want them to fail and fail bad. I like my college teams (MD and Memphis), but all bets are off when they go to the pros. I've never understood that "college obsessiveness" from fans who put college ahead of their pro teams. I watched Boomer Esiason and Frank Reich at MD and rooted for them, along with Vernon Davis et al, but I'll be damned if I want them to play well against us or root for another team. 

Dude, you seem like a good guy.  I'm just messing with ya. Just a little friendly banter.  Who knows how well the Eagles will do or my Redskins. We've been beat down for so long, we just look for anything.

Also, what he said below:

Crazy Chip's ongoing evacuation of starting pro-bowl level talent in favor of players with either a history of injuries or current injury concerns...

Crazy Chip's less-than-convincing explanations as to why he's choosing to get rid of said players...

Crazy Chip's ongoing public back-and-forth between him and his ex-players in the media...

Good breakdown and yes, I was just messing with him.

I just can never understand that.  I'm a big Maryland fan, but if Gary Williams left MD and coached in the NBA for Miami, I wouldn't become a Heat fan.  When they leave my favorite college team and go to other teams in the NFL, they are the enemy.  Not that I wish ill will against them, but when they play the Skins, I want them to fail and fail bad. I like my college teams (MD and Memphis), but all bets are off when they go to the pros. I've never understood that "college obsessiveness" from fans who put college ahead of their pro teams. I watched Boomer Esiason and Frank Reich at MD and rooted for them, along with Vernon Davis et al, but I'll be damned if I want them to play well against us or root for another team.

He never said that the guy supported Chip over his own team. I just don't get why some people think that supporting sports teams has to be black and white, with anything in between being heresy that they must burn in hell for. Being fans of a dumpster fire team can make people want to find SOMEONE to feel good about.

My dad grew up in the DC-Maryland area, and is a diehard Skins fan, but he was happy to see the Ravens win the Super Bowl. (He still hates the Colts for leaving Baltimore.) I know we're supposed to hate the guts of everyone up the beltway, but I didn't mind when they won either. We'll always support the Redskins every time they step on the field, but I won't let that make me rip my hair out when anyone other than us has some sort of success.

He never said that the guy supported Chip over his own team. I just don't get why some people think that supporting sports teams has to be black and white, with anything in between being heresy that they must burn in hell for. Being fans of a dumpster fire team can make people want to find SOMEONE to feel good about.

My dad grew up in the DC-Maryland area, and is a diehard Skins fan, but he was happy to see the Ravens win the Super Bowl. (He still hates the Colts for leaving Baltimore.) I know we're supposed to hate the guts of everyone up the beltway, but I didn't mind when they won either. We'll always support the Redskins every time they step on the field, but I won't let that make me rip my hair out when anyone other than us has some sort of success.

Well, actually he said, "he rooted for the Eagles."  If he would have said, I'm a Raiders fan through and through, but I want to see Chip do well, then I'd have no problem with it.

I have 1 team in every sport that I root for with the exception of college.  I grew up rooting for the Terps but my Alma Mater is Memphis. All these years that my teams have sucked, I find myself watching and rooting for individual players in each sport that I like, but I'm not diehard about it. I think you took my post to the extreme stating that people should burn in hell for rooting for another team.

What I am saying is that I have noticed that Player A went to their favorite college team. Gets drafted by a pro team that is not their favorite team and they still obsess over what that player does in the pros or even adopt his new team as their "second favorite".  I don't do second favorite teams.

Like I said, I went to the University of Memphis and I'm proud that players like DeAngelo Williams and Issac Bruce made it in the NFL.  While I would want them to do well, I wouldn't want them to play well when playing the Skins. I really don't obsess over former college players pro careers. I see a lot of people who put their "college pride" over their pro teams, but when we played the Panthers I wanted us to shut down Williams or if we played the Bengals, I would want us to sack the **** out of Esiason. Pro team trumps "former" college player every time for me.

If Joe Gibbs had retired from the Redskins and went to coach at Florida State, I'd would have wanted my Terps to beat his ass. And no, I would not become a Seminoles fan.  While I would like to see coach do well, my loyalty is with my teams and not any individual.

People can do what they want and I won't tell anyone who to root for, but my basic question is I can't understand why people put their loyalties in individual players/coaches over their teams. I wear Washington Redskins gear and not Joe Gibbs gear.

BTW, the Ravens winning both times really didn't bother me.  I love that the beat the Giants, but I did root for the Niners against them. I don't consider the Ravens a true rival.  Now, I NEVER want the Eagles, Cowboys or Giants to ever win anything.

Well, actually he said, "he rooted for the Eagles."  If he would have said, I'm a Raiders fan through and through, but I want to see Chip do well, then I'd have no problem with it.

I have 1 team in every sport that I root for with the exception of college.  I grew up rooting for the Terps but my Alma Mater is Memphis. All these years that my teams have sucked, I find myself watching and rooting for individual players in each sport that I like, but I'm not diehard about it. I think you took my post to the extreme stating that people should burn in hell for rooting for another team.

What I am saying is that I have noticed that Player A went to their favorite college team. Gets drafted by a pro team that is not their favorite team and they still obsess over what that player does in the pros or even adopt his new team as their "second favorite".  I don't do second favorite teams.

Like I said, I went to the University of Memphis and I'm proud that players like DeAngelo Williams and Issac Bruce made it in the NFL.  While I would want them to do well, I wouldn't want them to play well when playing the Skins. I really don't obsess over former college players pro careers. I see a lot of people who put their "college pride" over their pro teams, but when we played the Panthers I wanted us to shut down Williams or if we played the Bengals, I would want us to sack the **** out of Esiason. Pro team trumps "former" college player every time for me.

If Joe Gibbs had retired from the Redskins and went to coach at Florida State, I'd would have wanted my Terps to beat his ass. And no, I would not become a Seminoles fan.  While I would like to see coach do well, my loyalty is with my teams and not any individual.

People can do what they want and I won't tell anyone who to root for, but my basic question is I can't understand why people put their loyalties in individual players/coaches over their teams. I wear Washington Redskins gear and not Joe Gibbs gear.

BTW, the Ravens winning both times really didn't bother me.  I love that the beat the Giants, but I did root for the Niners against them. I don't consider the Ravens a true rival.  Now, I NEVER want the Eagles, Cowboys or Giants to ever win anything.

My Dad is a huge Boston Bruins fan.  He always said there were two teams he cheers for:  Boston and whoever's playing Montreal.

[Condensed]

Fair enough, though he may still support the Raiders over all else. We just don't know. All we heard about was through "he said he said" about a coach he "roots for", which is still a pretty broad term.

Anyway, the burning in hell thing wasn't directed at you, more towards the fanatical sports fans in general who I've listened expound on how it's the eighth deadly sin. Sorry for using your post as a stepping stool to get on my soapbox. :P

Or he could be like me, having recurring nightmares where Chip Kelly, dressed in clown attire, long shoes and all, with a big red nose, chases me in extreme slow motion while a sinister circus song plays in the background.

Just sayin'

Fair enough, though he may still support the Raiders over all else. We just don't know. All we heard about was through "he said he said" about a coach he "roots for", which is still a pretty broad term.

Anyway, the burning in hell thing wasn't directed at you, more towards the fanatical sports fans in general who I've listened expound on how it's the eighth deadly sin. Sorry for using your post as a stepping stool to get on my soapbox. :P

No problem. Happens sometimes when you're trying to make a point. :) looks like I was collateral damage. Ha-ha.

My Dad is a huge Boston Bruins fan. He always said there were two teams he cheers for: Boston and whoever's playing Montreal.

You know we had t-shirts in the 80s with the same sentiment about your Cowboys. :)

You know we had t-shirts in the 80s with the same sentiment about your Cowboys. :)

I was about to say, isn't that sort of our slogan as Skins fans? (of course, unless Dallas beating a team actually gives us a playoff spot or something like that)

You really should lay off the anchovy pizza before going to bed...

OOOOooooor, he should mix it with something else and see what happens. Like adding alcohol....

• 2 weeks later...

Just how is Lombardi-less Chipster occupying space in our heads?  I hadn't even thought of 'im in several months until I saw this thread at the top of ATN.

Which reminds me .. Chip Kelly is an idiot who will be back on the college sidelines with his retarded giant flash cards in the next two years.

that's funny.  There is less a circus than a feeling of unease stemming from the fact that Dez has threatened to miss games.  Given the way he burned your secondary in Philly you must be hoping that he skips the Philadelphia game.

I'm glad Bradley Fletcher is no longer going to cover him that for sure lol, but.........tick tock tick tock tick tock.  Tomorrow is the deadline and we'll see what happens.  I think the agents are colluding personally.  We'll see if Dez has the balls to miss game checks knowing his broke arse.

I'm glad Bradley Fletcher is no longer going to cover him that for sure lol, but.........tick tock tick tock tick tock.  Tomorrow is the deadline and we'll see what happens.  I think the agents are colluding personally.  We'll see if Dez has the balls to miss game checks knowing his broke arse.

that is true.  It is getting down to the crunch time.  I really hope that he will sign today.  If not, I don't see him missing games.  who can afford to turn their back on close to $800K per game. 

that is true.  It is getting down to the crunch time.  I really hope that he will sign today.  If not, I don't see him missing games.  who can afford to turn their back on close to $800K per game. 

So how do Dez and Thomas get the exact same deal almost?  Hmmmmmm.....

Archived