Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly is occupying space in all of your heads

Westbrook36

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/philadelphia-eagles-lost-chip-kelly-hot-seat-dallas-cowboys-tony-romo-injury-nfc-east-lead-washington-redskins

Every one of Chip Kelly’s offseason moves has exploded in his face. Like I said, the seat is hot and NCAA athletic directors should be chomping at the bit.

To continue a joke I was making about Nick Saban in the NCAA Thread:  "Coach Kelly. Kevin Plank is on line 1"

I just saw on NBC that Harrison and Dungy said they still believe in the Iggles. They apparently have more balls than Westbrook36 since he is in hiding. In fact, they may be the only people in America that still believe in the Iggles.

Terrible start is all on Chip Kelly

Any mistake that the Eagles could make, they made. Any penalty that they might commit, they committed. Every question that they insisted they had settled in the offseason either remained unanswered or was indeed settled - with the worst of all possible answers. Any way you could have spent your Sunday afternoon would have been better than spending it watching this.

Three hours of having my finger slammed into a car door? Sign me up.

All of this - this unspeakable 20-10 loss to the Dallas Cowboys, this 0-2 start, this offense that is not outscheming or outmuscling or out-culturing anyone - rests in a pile at Chip Kelly's toes. If it was reasonable to think that after an offseason of such upheaval, it might take the Eagles a few weeks to find their stride, the last two weeks have been inexcusable.

Last week against the Falcons, neither the Eagles' defense nor offense was ready at the game's beginning. Sunday, the offense wasn't ready. It wasn't competent. It was as if the 11 men who lined up for each snap had never practiced together, had never scrimmaged or played a minute of preseason football together, had never even met.

Sam Bradford, the quarterback whom Kelly had counted on to lift the Eagles offense to places beyond where Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez had taken it, was terrible. That is not too strong a word. He was responsible for three turnovers - two interceptions, including one in the end zone, and a shotgun snap that caromed off his right shoulder because he didn't expect it.

He held the ball. His throws were tentative, as if he weren't certain where his receivers were supposed to be. He and they, as they did against the Falcons, were often not on the same page when it came to what pattern a particular receiver was supposed to be running. After Bradford's second half in Atlanta, when over one stretch he completed 20 of 22 passes, there was cause for optimism, that after missing most of the previous two seasons with that twice-torn left ACL, all he needed was time. Now? You wonder how patient the Eagles can be with him.

DeMarco Murray, the running back whom Kelly signed to replace LeSean McCoy, carried 13 times for two yards. This, after he rushed eight times for nine yards last week. This, from the player who led the NFL in rushing yards last season. Yet Murray might be the man who bears the least blame for what's happened over these two weeks, because every time he takes a handoff from Bradford, there seems at least one defender with his arms already wrapped around him. Allen Barbre and Andrew Gardner, who weren't good enough to crack the Eagles starting lineup last year at their guard spots, are demonstrating why this season. Somewhere, Evan Mathis laughs.

Byron Maxwell, the purported $63 million savior of the Eagles secondary, the cornerback burned by Julio Jones throughout that Monday night loss to the Falcons, allowed another long touchdown, this one 42 yards to Terrance Matthews in the fourth quarter, though by that time only the Cowboys players' spouses and parents were still watching.

The Eagles' defense acquitted itself fairly well, actually, all things considered. Rookie linebacker Jordan Hicks even recorded a sack, forced a fumble, and broke Tony Romo's clavicle all in one play. But Hicks was in the game only because Kiko Alonso left in the second quarter with an injury to his left knee. The Eagles were quick to announce that he would not return, and amid Sunday's wreckage, here's a helpful reminder of a pertinent fact: Alonso missed all of the 2014 season with a torn ACL in his left knee, and he sat out much of training camp with tendinitis in his left knee.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20150921_Terrible_start_is_all_on_Chip_Kelly.html#B6H0WrsuZcMLtbXK.99

well, i'm shocked.

According to Dean K. Shibata, MD, assistant professor of radiology at the University of Rochester School of Medicine in New York.. "A small part of the frontal lobes appears critical to our ability to recognize a joke."

So yes, he's occupying that space of our brain.

there is no dumpster fire i enjoy watching more than an eagles dumpster fire.

i hate the cowboys, as an organization, more...

but the eagles fans... are just such obnoxious assholes, watching them turn on each other and their organization is just a strangely beautiful thing to watch.

no one is more deserving.

I don't think he's as bad as Spurrier. I think he's a good coach, but once again coaches shouldn't also be GMs. Guy has an incredibly overinflated sense of his ego. You can't keep getting rid of talent and just expecting to replicate that with average joes.

Oh I know but I felt like kicking the wounded bird while it was down. At this point they are a laughingstock and should be laughed at. Plus we know how eagles fans are not like they will be around to read it since their team is in shambles.

It is still early, and I wasn't able to watch my "beloved" Eagles play, but I can only think of one my all-time favorite sound bites when seeing how the Eagles are doing:  "5-11...Not very good!"

missed the game?

just imagine the first half of last weeks game, except worse.

and, for 60 minutes.

:lol: New game, Where's Westbrook?

He's in his man cave replaying Bradford's preseason on loop right ...

Philly should be starting to figure out that replacing good players with scrubs doesn't work and that preseason games aren't an indicator of regular season success.

But, I doubt it....

Philly should be starting to figure out that replacing good players with scrubs doesn't work and that preseason games aren't an indicator of regular season success.

But, I doubt it....

honestly, i thought Chip knew what he was doing ... and he still might. Philly lost first 2 games in what like, 2007,  went 12-2 after that. 

just seems at one point he had a QB that thew 28 TD's and 2 Ints, (I mean, how that season by Foles did not get more pub, I guess people were not that impressed), the fastest WR in the game, the fastest RB in the game, heck, let's throw in the fastest QB  with Vick in 2013.   Not to mention a  host of other talented guys, and then let's them go, like nothing.  

honestly, i thought Chip knew what he was doing ... and he still might. Philly lost first 2 games in what like, 2007, went 12-2 after that.

just seems at one point he had a QB that thew 28 TD's and 2 Ints, (I mean, how that season by Foles did not get more pub, I guess people were not that impressed), the fastest WR in the game, the fastest RB in the game, heck, let's throw in the fastest QB with Vick in 2013. Not to mention a host of other talented guys, and then let's them go, like nothing.

I'm going to be looking for a complete list of chips moves since he's been in philly.

At the moment, it looks like there are a whole lot of bad ones. Maybe you wait and see on some- its early, like you said.

But I think letting DeSean go, giving a crap wr like Riley Cooper 25 mil are squarely in the bad column. He drafted a cb in the second round this year that I don't believe has seen the field. Maxwell- a guy everyone said was an average cb on a great team- looks terrible. Bradford also looks terrible. The offensive line looks bad.

So, I'm not hopeful that he'll come out looking like he knows what he's doing.

We, of all fanbases, should know egomaniacal coaches with good schemes rarely make good GMs.

Archived