Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly is occupying space in all of your heads

Westbrook36

Philly should be starting to figure out that replacing good players with scrubs doesn't work and that preseason games aren't an indicator of regular season success.

But, I doubt it....

I love it. Kelly thought his system was greater than needing talent. He'll be coaching elsewhere in a year or 2.

So which college team is going to be making Chip a major offer?

He's leaving a total dumpster fire behind in Philly.

He'll get picked up by an SEC team I bet.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/22/eagles-wr-cowboys-were-calling-out-what-plays-were-coming/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Eagles WR: Cowboys were calling out what plays were coming

Posted by Zac Jackson on September 22, 2015, 2:27 PM EDT
Philadelphia Eagles v Houston Texans

Maybe the Cowboys were a step ahead of the Eagles’ offense Sunday because the Cowboys knew what was coming.

Speaking to reporters Tuesday in Philadelphia, Eagles wide receiver Josh Huff said there were times when he lined up near the Cowboys’ sideline and could hear Cowboys players calling out what play was coming.

That’s not good.

------------------------------------------------------------

and the chip kelly **** show continues......

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/22/eagles-wr-cowboys-were-calling-out-what-plays-were-coming/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Eagles WR: Cowboys were calling out what plays were coming

Posted by Zac Jackson on September 22, 2015, 2:27 PM EDT

Philadelphia Eagles v Houston Texans

Maybe the Cowboys were a step ahead of the Eagles’ offense Sunday because the Cowboys knew what was coming.

Speaking to reporters Tuesday in Philadelphia, Eagles wide receiver Josh Huff said there were times when he lined up near the Cowboys’ sideline and could hear Cowboys players calling out what play was coming.

That’s not good.

------------------------------------------------------------

and the chip kelly **** show continues......

The Cowboys must have stolen the Eagles' playbook and broken into their hotel rooms.  Probably taped their practices too.  

The Cowboys must have stolen the Eagles' playbook and broken into their hotel rooms.  Probably taped their practices too.  

I know you're kidding, but I'd actually post some team official in the locker room to make sure the other team doesn't come in and take the game plan. 

It's got to be someone who can't be bribed...unless they're offering BJs, no one can turn down BJs. 

I'm sure Captain America (a.k.a. Westy) is on a hush-hush mission of very high importance somewhere (with the Avengers, natch) and has no internet access (Tony Stark is being a dick and won't let ol' Cap use the Iron Man suit's A.I. to access the worldwide web), but I'd love to read his musings on the current state of his beloved Iggles and their head coach/GM.  Hmmm.

...but I'd love to read his musings on the current state of his beloved Iggles and their head coach/GM.  Hmmm.

I'd actually love to hear lots of Eagles fans' musings about how terrible their team is right now.  :D

What I can't figure out is how there are people who actually believe the Cowboys were good during that game. I'm assuming they didn't watch the game and are just looking at the stats.

I'd actually love to hear lots of Eagles fans' musings about how terrible their team is right now.  :D

What I can't figure out is how there are people who actually believe the Cowboys were good during that game. I'm assuming they didn't watch the game and are just looking at the stats.

Maybe this is hindsight, but we Eagle fans couldn't/can't have expected the team to make a run with a brand new QB, as that happening is very rare.  In looking at CK's moves, I would hope he is smart enough to know, you can't put that many new players on a team and expect it to gel quickly and result in a strong contender in the NFC. He obviously didn't like Foles, couldn't get Mariota, and Bradford was the best option, giving him a year to evaluate him.  The REAL question is, what do you do if Bradford starts to look OK towards the middle/end of the season?

Clearly, no Chip's fault: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/23/chip-kelly-my-play-calling-isnt-too-predictable-problem-is-execution/

0-2 and calling out the players? Always a good move.

As the article points out (and I'm reminded of this when I hear shanny blame everyone but himself) - even if he's right, who picked the players?

Cuz Andy and howies players were executing your system pretty well.

Egomaniacal moron.

As the article points out (and I'm reminded of this when I hear shanny blame everyone but himself) - even if he's right, who picked the players?

Cuz Andy and howies players were executing your system pretty well.

Egomaniacal moron.

And who coached the players? Whose job is it to make sure the players are prepared?

And who got rid of the players who DID know how to execute your plays?

I love Crazy Chip.

Jesus...in his shameful exile from Philadelphia, Kelly decides to get back in touch with his love for the game of football. He takes a year to put the pieces back together and reflect on where it all went wrong. He heads to the heart of the blue ridge mountains for some recluse.

Sitting outside his mountain cabin one Saturday afternoon, he hears the roar of 66,000 screaming fans. He feels a strange tingling in his belly. What is this? It's a familiar feeling yet distant...this burning intensity, this hunger, this fire rising like acid reflux at 1am....Chip realizes something.

Much like Rick rediscovering his passion after a night of romance, lost romance, memories and closure with Ilsa in Casablanca, Chip's passion has been stirred yet again. He heads through the woods to find the source of this sudden explosion of desire.

He stumbles upon Lane Stadium, home of the Virginia Tech Hokies. A program once on the upswing like Chip's own beloved Oregon but has since fallen to mediocrity with no purpose or direction. A program in need of a renaissance. And Chip realizes at this moment, he is the man to do it. He can have these 66,000 strong eating out of his hand as guides their Hokies back to national prominence and the championship they have so long desired. Chip straightens his hat and walks toward the campus, steely is his nerve, bold is his intention. Chip has got his groove back.

(Wakes up)

Oh...uh...(yawn) **** the Eagles! Yeah

*Chipper turns into a Hokie*

Fun story, but VT is Beamerville. They bleed and die Beamers. They would rename themselves to the Virginia Tech Beamers if they could. They already call every football a "Beamer Ball". Franky may be old, but they're going to try to make a dynasty out of his son, so all the fans would grab their pitchforks before they let the Chipper within a fifty mile radius of the stadium.

Maybe this is hindsight, but we Eagle fans couldn't/can't have expected the team to make a run with a brand new QB...The REAL question is, what do you do if Bradford starts to look OK towards the middle/end of the season?

Uh, you're more level headed than most fans of any NFL team, because I'm fairly sure most people didn't have ANY thought that there would be even the slightest drop off in performance without all the stars that are gone and with the new guys, because they were "Chip's guys" so they must be perfect for his system. And not even just among the fans, lots of the media felt that way too.

About the time Bradford starts to look semi-ok to good later in the season he'll be due to pop another acl.

That was the first thing that came into my head.

...And who got rid of the players who DID know how to execute your plays?....

Yeah, that's the part I don't understand. I'm wondering if he just thought some of these guys were sub-par with other teams because all other NFL coaches are terrible. Seriously, it's exactly like Spurrier, but with a much better team when he entered the league than what Spurrier had.

Fun story, but VT is Beamerville. They bleed and die Beamers. They would rename themselves to the Virginia Tech Beamers if they could. They already call every football a "Beamer Ball". Franky may be old, but they're going to try to make a dynasty out of his son, so all the fans would grab their pitchforks before they let the Chipper within a fifty mile radius of the stadium.

Nah nobody wants Shane anywhere near the head coaching spot

It's too early to tell if that game was a result of a good Dallas defense, an abysmal Philly offense or a little of both.  I will say that Dallas' D was very good against the Giants in game 1 and very good against Philly in game 2.  Let's see what happens against the Falcons.  Keep in mind that Dallas will be getting Hardy, Gregory and RoMac back in 2 weeks.  Their defense could be very good this year.  It has been a very long time since Dallas fans could be optimistic about that side of the football.  But I will say we don't really know anything yet, trends will emerge.

World of Warcraft lol.

Eagles front office is all sitting in the war room discussing all the possible trades they can make and how they are going to improve the team. Trading McCoy and Foles are options on the table. Suddenly, Chip stands up, "ok, times up, let's do this" and he sprints out the door "Leeeerroooy Jennnkins" and proceeds the screw the Eagles completely over by jumping the gun on all their plans and making the trades.

Archived