Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is a FRESH donut from Dunkin' Donuts a myth?

RonArtest15

The DD near Leland Memorial Hospital used to make fresh donuts daily. I would walk there with my little brother every Saturday and buy him donuts. I don't think any of them really make them fresh these days.

The one's here are mediocre and ever since they stopped making my favorite donut, I only go for coffee and a microwaved bacon, egg and cheese on a croissant. Maybe once every few months.

I go to Krispy Kreme at least once a month however. Get two dozen.   

You really gonna talk about the quality declining at DD's over the years comparing to the doughnuts you ate out of a dumpster...........

tumblr_inline_nj20hmRPYu1r6ug5a.gif

Y'all are hilarious. First, I was in 4th maybe 5th grade when we did this. Also, their policy back then was to throw them out after a certain period of time so they really weren't stale. Hell, they hadn't been in a truck overnight, though I'll give you that the truck is certainly cleaner than the dumpster. However we had a system. We'd hang around the parking lot and wait for them to toss them out. That way they were just clean donuts in a bag on top of everything.

FWIW, I was dumb enough to mention that I'd done this to my Grandmother at some point. She freaked out like y'all did and of course I had to promise not to ever do it again. :-D

Would I do this now? Of course not. Just one of those dumb yet fun things kids used to get to do back in the days before they all became little Miss Precious McMollycoddles glued to a couch playing vidya games like now.

Would I do this now? Of course not. Just one of those dumb yet fun things kids used to get to do back in the days before they all became little Miss Precious McMollycoddles glued to a couch playing vidya games like now.

Not sure how old you are, but I'm 40 in a couple of months. Was not a couch potato as a kid and definitely did not eat donuts out of a dumpster lol

Anyone tried the Fractured Prune?? Have heard its good, but never been there. Afraid they are more cake type and not yeast. I don't love the cake donuts.

The one that was here closed. Went once, definitely more cake type. Flavors were good, but it was essentially a cake shaped like a donut.

Ehh... Not anything so great to me.

Strange because Dunkin' almost exclusively makes yeast donuts and not cake donuts.

That is strange. I think that beside the blueberry and pumpkin ones, they might make one other cake type donut. Then again, I haven't had anything but a bowtie from there since they stopped making the one I grew up on.

Anyone tried the Fractured Prune?? Have heard its good, but never been there. Afraid they are more cake type and not yeast. I don't love the cake donuts.

There's one not too far from our house.  I've been there once or twice.

It's fine for the experience one time, and I'm sure I'll be taking trips there once in a while when the kids are older.  For adults I think it's overpriced for what you get.  Granted the donuts are warm and fresh and slathered in your choice of custom frostings, sprinkles, etc, but they're small donuts.  A box of six is roughly the same amount of actual donut as two normal donuts I'd guess.  It's expensive for what you get in my opinion.

Dunkin Donuts are meh.  Typically, I just go to the bakery across the street if I want donuts, or to the KK by my office (luv me some fresh glazed donuts).

However, for quality and variety wake me when they open a Voodoo Donuts around here.

I used to go to the one in Ocean City, MD. Great donuts. I agree that DD SUCK!! My wife and kids are ok with them so I buy some once in a while for them. But I refuse to eat them. I grew up eating donuts from Montgomery Donuts(Gaithersburg, MD) Light years better than DD. So maybe I was spoiled.

Archived