Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everyday things that women struggle with

daveakl

Jeez dude. Online banking and a dog door with a fence. Boom, cut those 2 tasks down to 30 seconds.

No wonder your house is a mess if you have to do more than 1 task.

hehe  Dog door with a fence.   My "yard" is about 8 square feet, and 33 raccoons would charge through that dog door in 10 seconds flat.  

I do the cooking. My wife does the dishes. She does them wrong. And it bother me deep into my inner soul. But I keep my mouth shut and control my urges to do it myself.

Sometimes I think she puts the plates flat on the top shelf JUST to see me shake in OCD hell

Do not tell my wife. She wants a raccoon, and she will be all over your property "helping" you get rid of them.

She can have any one of the 6 or so that were caterwauling under my deck last night.  I think my dog is still barking about it.  San Francisco is teeming with the stocky buggers, and they are brazen as hell.

Plus, two days ago there was a skunk just standing in the middle of the street in front of my house.  Tell her to take that dude too.  

Those of you who are bad at laundry and have small kids are missing an opportunity. I frequently do four loads and throw the stuff that's done all over the bed. Suddenly, I need to "take some time" to fold the clothes. Bam, one or two hours of peace and quiet with Netflix on the bedroom TV.

Totally. Folding laundry one of my favorite chores for exactly that reason. Though I can't usually milk more than a half hour or so at a time out of it. 2 hours is some next level ****. Well done

My wife is perfect in every way*

*i am contractually obligated to say that

**** it, I'm telling!!!! it is the dishwasher... I like to spacially reason all the dirty dishes into that thing. She will put three plates in there flat and start it. But honey, I could fit all the stuff in there - and she says: its okay we can just run it again. It's a good thing that I value domestic tranquility over both my rationalism and my environmentalism ;)

**** it, I'm telling!!!! it is the dishwasher... I like to spacially reason all the dirty dishes into that thing. She will put three plates in there flat and start it. But honey, I could fit all the stuff in there - and she says: its okay we can just run it again. It's a good thing that I value domestic tranquility over both my rationalism and my environmentalism ;)

We recently moved into a house in the country. Our house is on a 4000gal holding tank which needs to be pumped when it gets full. Because of the costs associated with this, my wife has quickly become an expert at maximizing space in the dishwasher so we don't have to run it frequently. Our old house, which we lived in for 12 years didn't have a dishwasher. So it was never an issue really.

My wife REFUSES the logic of dishwasher loading. Our rack is laid out in a way where dishes need to be slotted on one side and smaller side plates on the other so that we can fit as many bowls in as possible. It is fact that this is the way it needs to be. She refuses and loads it "first come, first serve" in the most space inefficient way possible. 

Then the silverware holder. Unloading becomes a breeze when you pre-sort knives, forks, spoons, etc all together in the same holding pen. Refuses. Just throws it in there indiscriminately. 

As I said to her when she said something kinda dumb out loud at a party when we were dating, "Good thing you're pretty."

Then the silverware holder. Unloading becomes a breeze when you pre-sort knives, forks, spoons, etc all together in the same holding pen. Refuses. Just throws it in there indiscriminately. 

Hey that's a pretty good idea, I'll start doing that. I do not know why this never occurred to me.

(see good idea, adopt good idea - the way it is supposed to work... oh well at least they are perfect in every other way)

Part of the problem with putting all the same type in the same container is that they can stick together and not get clean.

i've actually found it's better to spread them apart.

of course my wife thinks i'm an idiot the way i load the dishwasher so take it for whatever its worth.

Archived