Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everyday things that women struggle with

daveakl

According to my husband, I'm a genius, if only for one point (dishwasher-wise):

I put the silverware in with the handles up...that way when you unload/use them, you don't grab the part that's goin' in yo mouf.

I know what you mean, and it bothers the mild germaphobe in me to have the handles down. But the silverware didn't get as clean in my dishwasher if I loaded it handles up. So I would end up washing my hands as if I was prepping for surgery before I unloaded the dishes.

Well,either there are women who can't load a dishwasher properly,or there some seriously anal retentive men posting in this thread. We'll let the experts decide.   ;)

Hey, if the woman expects me to help clean the kitchen, part of which is regularly unloading the dishwasher—then efficiency is key. I got the system down to wear I set a ten minute timer and the place is spic and span before that buzzer goes off. 

She's always late and scrambling. I hate the chaos so a lot of things are pretty regimented. I guess that IS anal-retentive. :D.

when i first opened this thread i thought it was more of:

"the things that women can't do because they would be in danger, because some men are animals, and not in a fun way"

not a playful thread topic at all....

... THIS thread, also could've quickly lost its playful edge... I'm glad it hasn't  :)

(we'll see if it can continue, in spite of my best efforts to be a wet blanket!)

Then my hands get cold :(

Gloves made from sweatpants material? Or MAYBE get one of those things the QBs have on really cold days.

90e111fa.jpg

My girlfriend is naturally good at video games. She played a little as a kid on the NES and Sega Genesis and on computer games so old they came on floppy disks. And then she went dormant as a gamer. I got her into the modern generation of consoles when we moved in together and she was fascinated with watching me play Skyrim. Took her like two weeks to learn the XBox controller and then pretty soon she was beating RPGs on higher difficulties than me.

She games with me and good couch co-op games are extremely satisfying ways to spend time together.

It's also interesting that, since she started playing RPGs, she's gotten so much better at reading maps. And they say vidjah games don't learn you nothin.

Does she give you the mushroom stamp when she beats you?

-----------------------------------------------

When i load the dishwasher... my wife ALWAYS repacks and re-arranges it.  And she always does so when i am not there to see it.   I'm not sure if she is embarrassed at being OCD on the issue (and doesn't want me to see) or is afraid i will be offended (and doesn't want me to see)

Gloves made from sweatpants material? Or MAYBE get one of those things the QBs have on really cold days.

90e111fa.jpg

that thing looks like it has a hole cut-out on the inside   :-/

I know what you mean, and it bothers the mild germaphobe in me to have the handles down. But the silverware didn't get as clean in my dishwasher if I loaded it handles up. So I would end up washing my hands as if I was prepping for surgery before I unloaded the dishes.

Whirlpool dishwashers solve this problem by having a catch that allows the front of the silverware basket to open. Handles down for washing but lie the basket down to empty and you can use the handles to put the silverware away.

41P1%2Bctd71L.jpg

I do the presort silverware thing for knives, I mix up the forks and spoons for cleanliness sake.  It does make unloading much faster.

Why can't you?  Your boyfriend/husband/other would probably think it was hot.

By the way, I read your response to my wife.  She was impressed with your wit.

I'm still trying to keep up the facade that I'm a cultured, intelligent and classy lady to my man...  Thank the Lord he doesn't know about ES.  Yet.

I do the presort silverware thing for knives, I mix up the forks and spoons for cleanliness sake.  It does make unloading much faster.

Why can't you?  Your boyfriend/husband/other would probably think it was hot.

By the way, I read your response to my wife.  She was impressed with your wit.

I read that rather quickly and thought I read "Your boyfriend/husband/brother"

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Hey, if the woman expects me to help clean the kitchen, part of which is regularly unloading the dishwasher—then efficiency is key. I got the system down to wear I set a ten minute timer and the place is spic and span before that buzzer goes off. 

She's always late and scrambling. I hate the chaos so a lot of things are pretty regimented. I guess that IS anal-retentive. :D.

So we Duke fans have got our **** together? Good to know!

:D 

I am regimented as well. I get up waaayyy earlier than I need to, because I have to write myself notes for the rest of the day so I don't end up in said "chaos". (nevermind reading the RTT, and ES in general...I can't keep up anymore!)

I swear, I would pay my husband to unload the dishwasher. (He always says, "If you need another check to make sure XXXX gets done, just let me know"...and I know he's being funny & sarcastic at the same time, but I'm dead serious about the unloading thing.) :angry:

Full disclosure1:

i have a dishwasher. ME!

Y'all are lazy washer uopers.

Full disclosure 2:

I don't sit with my hands down my pants. Never have. Thats not to say i don't dailly (sometimes MANY times dailly .....), uhmmmmm, 'check' everything's 'OK' down there. But sit with my hand down my pants?

Y'all are weirdly funny yet rather unnerving so far as I appear to be alone here.

Hail.

Full disclosure1:

i have a dishwasher. ME!

Y'all are lazy washer uopers.

Full disclosure 2:

I don't sit with my hands down my pants. Never have. Thats not to say i don't dailly (sometimes MANY times dailly .....), uhmmmmm, 'check' everything's 'OK' down there. But sit with my hand diwn my pants?

Y'all are weirdly funny yet rather unnerving so far as I appear to be aline here.

Hail.

Don't you call football soccer and wear kilts?

Don't you call football soccer and wear kilts?

Why would the WORLD call a game played with FEET FOOTball whilst a relatively young Nation call a game where the foot is barely used the same? Who knew the World could be SO wrong .....

And trust me, any Scotsman (or Samuel L Jackson) brave enough to wear a kilt is one badass MF you do NOT want to mess with.

Hail.

Why would the WORLD call a game played with FEET FOOTball whilst a relatively young Nation call a game where the foot is barely used the same? Who knew the World could be SO wrong .....

And trust me, any Scotsman (or Samuel L Jackson) brave enough to wear a kilt is one badass MF you do NOT want to mess with.

Hail.

I love that ****.  More manly than man.

English, Irish, Scottish all wear kilts. But then again I am a man so I would know that. ;) One love darling.

What's that? (the sound of your wish, wish, wish...)

She can have any one of the 6 or so that were caterwauling under my deck last night.  I think my dog is still barking about it.  San Francisco is teeming with the stocky buggers, and they are brazen as hell.

Plus, two days ago there was a skunk just standing in the middle of the street in front of my house.  Tell her to take that dude too.  

Crossbow....problem solved.

Archived