Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Speaking of cheap, I found a package of clearly prime filets at Costco today marked as Choice and snatched them up.

Did them on the BS with garlic butter, mushrooms and onions, crab cakes and salmon with pineapple habanero glaze for my better half.

IMG_3835.jpeg

IMG_3836.jpeg

IMG_3839.jpeg

IMG_3840.jpeg

IMG_3837.jpeg

It pays to browse through the meats at Costco. A few years ago, not too long after St. Patrick's Day, someone priced a few Prime packer briskets at $1.49lb. I brought a few😁

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I changed my mind about the shrimp enchiladas yesterday and will make them later in the week. I stopped by my daughter's store today, got some free food and bought some pre-made salads because I didn't want to cook. 

I was going to cook, but decided the same as you.  Gonna keep it easy...fry a hot dog & finish the pasta salad. 

• Like 1

Tomorrow's menu after grocery shopping. Shrimp summer rolls with peanut sauce. I use Taste of Thai mix plus 1 can of coconut milk.

Update: I made some pork carnitas today. I can make summer rolls with that too. Also some pork enchiladas with green sauce. And freezing some. Lots of meal ideas

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

On 8/5/2023 at 6:04 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

This is a small butt

Sir Mix-a-Lot does not approve.

On 8/7/2023 at 9:09 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Easy breakfast burritos this morning, made not so easy by each member of the family wanting different items in theirs.  🤣

IMG_3842.jpeg

IMG_3843.jpeg

IMG_3846.jpeg

IMG_3847.jpeg

IMG_3845.jpeg

We need to hang out.

Tacos al pastor. 10 hr marinade.

IMG_20230815_174935.jpg

20230815_174148.jpg

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 8/20/2023 at 8:52 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Welp, here’s a thing I gotta start saving for. 

Yeah, that's a nice oven. I opted for this one - delivered on Sunday - Pizzello 16". I didn't want to spend too much - similar Ooni 16" is $800. This was $284 w/ peel & cover. 

image.png.28036870d4ea3e5421fcc6456926ecc9.png

This thing got to to 700 degrees (on the pizza stone) in ~15 minutes (propane - also has an option to use charcoal/pellets). Hot AF lol. I've never cooked on anything this hot. Yeah, burnt the **** out of both pizzas I cooked but I learned a lot. CPK Thai pizza - used leftover pork BBQ (no sauce) instead of chicken w/ peanut butter, hoisin, oyster sauce, soy sauce, honey, vinegar & sriracha. When they say to turn the pizza after 30-40 seconds make sure you're not distracted by your spouse telling you to look at the hummingbirds at the other corner of the patio. Oddly shaped as I was having issues getting the pizza to slide off the peel. Looking forward to round 2...

image.png.2243c54eda81f5a85c8d5119109e739b.png

Here's a good site for all things pizza. The Gozney gets great reviews...

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

On 8/16/2023 at 4:36 PM, EmirOfShmo said:

Made pork souvlaki last night (roasted pepper). Had it on pita w/ tzatziki sauce, romaine, tomatoes, black olives. 

image.png.f38f5516ab7f20f0d57bacee00a6fba6.png

You've inspired me.  I now have some pork marinating so we can have souvlaki tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1