Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

arthur haszard @HapHaszard now Florida, USA 

The info that RGIII will be the starter next year, makes me wonder if a trade for Kirk is in the works.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking as well and I have no problem with it but Jay needs to be patient with RGIII and develop him.

How much patience though?  How long do you wait on this dude? 

How much patience though?  How long do you wait on this dude? 

One more year ...

Not sure why that's not clear to most (not just you). He has to show something this year. If he doesn't and plays anything like 2014 ... then he's out and we turn our attention on the 2016 draft class. It's something I have had ZERO issue with. In RG3 you have a player capable of being the best. That's rare, even if it's fully unrealized potential (or one-time 2012 season potential). This team has a ton of holes. Work to build this team ... through the draft and young FAs ... hope that RG3 IS the man you think he can be and he proves it in 2015 ... more or less accelerating your re-build ... or you look at 2016 for an answer.

I view 2015 as a lost season anyway. One in which we play a lot of young guys and rookies (outside of OL upgrades, obv). If RG3 sucks then he sucks. We move on, but we already started building the rest of the squad. If RG3 is RG3 circa 2012, then we all feel a lot better about waiting on him, meanwhile we have begun to rebuild the TEAM.

I don't have the same upside/optimism with KC at ALL. The dude is what he is ... at best Rex Grossman ... at worst a solid #2 QB ... but if you're going to "waste" a year and try and see if you have your future on your roster you HAVE to go with the guy that's got once-in-a-decade type talent over a run-of-the-mill guy in Cousins!

What are the better chances ... RGIII turns out to be a slower-developing Russell Wilson or Kirk Cousins turns into Tom Brady? My money 10 times out of 10 is on RGIII. 

Okay, either the Redskins have the worst PR staff (truth) or they have consummated a deal for Cousins. 

"Washington Redskins on Facebook (4 minutes ago): After reviewing "all the games and all the tape” from 2014 season, Gruden & coaching staff came to conclusion that RGIII is ‪#‎Redskins‬ best option at QB moving forward."

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Robert-Griffin-III-%E2%80%9CNo-1-Guy%E2%80%9D-At-Quarterback-In-2015/db112c6e-682e-47ea-8d0c-72d1da3e097b

Why again did I became a 'Skins fan..? I get soooo tired of our offseason headlines and circus.

No one's forcing you to stay.

Also, what do you expect them to say about a guy they spent 2 first round draft picks to acquire?  Of course they're going to give him every chance to succeed.  This is the quintessential make or break year for Griffin.  If he doesn't show much, we part ways with him at the end of the season. 

I get soooo tired of people running around with their hair on fire over a non-plus story.

One more year ...

Not sure why that's not clear to most (not just you). He has to show something this year. If he doesn't and plays anything like 2014 ... then he's out and we turn our attention on the 2016 draft class. It's something I have had ZERO issue with. In RG3 you have a player capable of being the best. That's rare, even if it's fully unrealized potential (or one-time 2012 season potential). This team has a ton of holes. Work to build this team ... through the draft and young FAs ... hope that RG3 IS the man you think he can be and he proves it in 2015 ... more or less accelerating your re-build ... or you look at 2016 for an answer.

I get that, I wasn't asking a general question as if I didn't already think 2015 was make or break for him. They're not gonna extend him, so that's really a given. I was just asking what Hail Me Up's personal opinion on it was.  My take on it is more how good he has to be.  Personally, I think he has to be 2012 good.  He can't be better than last year, but still "just ok". 

"Patience" will have amounted to two years for Gruden.  And if he weren't already under contract for one more year, it might not have even been that.

In some parallel universe far, far away.

The Washington Redskins announced today that they had completed their extensive rebuilding phase and are entering the coming season with all positions filled with quality starters and competent back-ups. Player and fan expectations are suitably high as befits the Superbowl favourites.

Sigh, one can but dream.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 16s17 seconds ago

When a reporter employed by a team interviews another employee of the same team it's not an "exclusive." It's a meeting.

Ryan Clark has retired. Just spoke with him about his decision. We'll have more at 6

Christie Lopez @skinshuly 3m3 minutes ago

Good Luck & God Bless @Realrclark25

Silas Redd Jr. @ThirdEyeSi_ 9m9 minutes ago

@Realrclark25 pleasure playing with you big homie! Also thank you for allowing us in ya home for bible study! Stay blessed fam!

Ryan Clark believes Jay Gruden is doing the right thing naming RG3 the starter. "It puts it to rest, that way its not dissected all year"

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 20m20 minutes ago

Ryan Clark announced his retirement on ESPN. He has signed on to work for the network fulltime, as was expected.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 14m14 minutes ago

Ryan Clark (@Realrclark25) announces his retirement today after 13 seasons in #NFL. Congratulations & best of luck!

B-KJokQCEAAj4F9.jpg

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 20m20 minutes ago

Oh yeah, and Clark will retire a Steeler.

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 21m21 minutes ago

Redskins won't miss Clark. He stayed a year too long and wasn't very good.

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 22m22 minutes ago

Ryan Clark breaks the worst secret around - he's retiring to work on TV. In other news, snow squall will be here in an hour.

arik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 23m23 minutes ago

Clark, 35, played 13 seasons for the #Giants, Steelers and #Redskins (twice). Totals: 177 games, 929 tackles, 16 INTs, 1 Super Bowl ring.

Adam Caplan retweeted

It's our pleasure to welcome @Realrclark25 to the ESPN family as he announces he'll retire as a Steeler!

B-KIFYzCYAAM1qc.png

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 11m11 minutes ago

Listening to this Shanahan interview, I believe all of it. I know it might come across as an ex-coach with an axe to grind. But I believe it

No one's forcing you to stay.

Also, what do you expect them to say about a guy they spent 2 first round draft picks to acquire? Of course they're going to give him every chance to succeed. This is the quintessential make or break year for Griffin. If he doesn't show much, we part ways with him at the end of the season.

I get soooo tired of people running around with their hair on fire over a non-plus story.

I have no probleme with making Robert the starter. We invested in him. You need to at least try. Can not give up on him...it's logic imo. Just don't get why it's news.

The Mike quotes are just messy I think. He is trying to blame ecerybody beside himself.

But we keep attracting this kind of media attention in the offseason. I just hope that we can become a organisation that is quite in the offseason and makes headlines in the post season.

The thing that bothers me about Keim's statement that no one ever accepts blame is that it is breathless hyperbole. The 'Skins have a GM because Bruce took the blame for the poor season and made changes.

It is just so personal with the DC sports media. Not everything that the 'Skins do is dysfunctional and stupid. So Gruden on spoke for 7 minutes? Big deal. What is the man going to say at this point in the off season with a new GM? These guys need to calm down. I wish we could go back to the days when you had to wait to read the reports in the newspaper. Maybe these guys wouldn't be so quick to get their feelings hurt.

Not if its almost done and your sending a signal to Cousins. :o

True, if the deal is all but done already, you dont want people thinking you traded your potentially starting QB.  Instead you want to tell them "Hey guys, dont worry, he totally wasnt our starting QB anyway, this guy is.  Yup, definitely our starter.  So all we did was trade a backup, its all good!"

ES has a long tradition of selling every former coach not named Gibbs down the river, blaming them for our woes.

Meanwhile franchise sucks consistently. So ES fans, Just stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes, and say lalalalalalala in a loud voice while Shanahan gives this interview.

Then when it's over call him a liar and tell him to "stay classy". The Dan Snyder Ferry will visit you tonight and leave season tickets under your pillow.

I thought he had a plane? 

603695_400474620012355_1290410315_n.jpg

Not that he needs it, but I want to wish good luck to Ryan Clark, one of my all-time favorite #Redskins, as he begins his next chapter.

Would that be the Danny Ferry?

Seriously though, who really cares what Shanahan says? Does it really matter at this point? We suck. We know we suck. He may be telling the truth, but what difference does it make?

Keim hit it on the head: Nothing is ever anyone's fault in this organization. Blame someone else.

Absolutely agree, we didn't need Shanahan to tell us our team sucks, sucked before he got here, sucked while he was here and sucked last year. The media eats it up, and meanwhile we suffer again.

@BurgundyBlog Meant to tell you to watch Marcus Hardison of ASU. DL 311lbs, can play all DL positions, as well as OLB from time to time.

Coming up NEXT on @SportsTalkCSN: Joe Gibbs joins @CHICKatCSN and @BMitchLiveCSN. Get there. #RedskinsTalk

I have no probleme with making Robert the starter. We invested in him. You need to at least try. Can not give up on him...it's logic imo. Just don't get why it's news.

The Mike quotes are just messy I think. He is trying to blame ecerybody beside himself.

But we keep attracting this kind of media attention in the offseason. I just hope that we can become a organisation that is quite in the offseason and makes headlines in the post season.

DC is a football town and the local media and fans are ravenous. They'll make stories out of anything, so you're never going to get a quiet offseason so long as fans continue to buy in to manufactured controversies, whether it's a name change, RG3 arguing with a fan on twitter (meanwhile Kaepernick gets praised for it), a former coach continuing to deflect blame, the back-up going to a QB camp and what it says about the starter.

For fans not buy it, the team has to win. Recall 2012 we were doing good and fans actually were majorily blasting Reid and others for negative crap, the same of which they currently embrace. The media attention will always be there, and typically will be negative and desperate to sell a narrative because of the ComPost, but we fans determine the level of noise it makes, and our determination of that is based on the W-L column.

In other words we start winning, the noise quiets, though it will never go completely away. 

In other words we start winning, the noise quiets, though it will never go completely away.

Meh, it will never go away. The media isn't in the business of disseminating information, it's in the business of getting eyes and ears and making money. If you don't approach it from that point of view, you're falling right into their trap.

Meh, it will never go away. The media isn't in the business of disseminating information, it's in the business of getting eyes and ears and making money. If you don't approach it from that point of view, you're falling right into their trap.

A winning teams fans don't want to read articles that crap on the team, they want to read praise about how they are doing great and why that has lead to winning.

A crappy teams fans don't want to read articles that praise the team, they want to know why the team is crap and how that is leading to losing.

A crappy teams fans don't want to read articles that praise the team, they want to know why the team is crap and how that is leading to losing.

We also don't want to read one-trick ponies like Sally Jenkins' constantly griping about what a ****ty owner Snyder is; or Jason Reid going on and on about what a diva Griffin is, and how no one likes him.

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 15m15 minutes ago

Did Gruden just bet his career on RG3? My 106.7 The Fan column. #Redskins http://cbsloc.al/1CMvTPd

We also don't want to read one-trick ponies like Sally Jenkins' constantly griping about what a ****ty owner Snyder is; or Jason Reid going on and on about what a diva Griffin is, and how no one likes him.

I had been thinking about starting to post some select articles from the WP again, now that Wiseass has left, there are a couple reporters that aren't so bad there.  Reed and Sally probably not.  Still mulling it over.  Thoughts???????

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 23m23 minutes ago

Why should the Redskins focus on defensive linemen at Combine? My Post Express column. http://wapo.st/1Ao2REX

Wes McElroy @WesFoxSports910 35m35 minutes ago

On deck in 7a hour: @Rich_TandlerCSN from NFL Combine and RG3 named starter My 3 ideas to add to the Scouting Combine plus dealing w/losing

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 38m38 minutes ago

Washington Redskins Draft Profile: Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami (OH) (via @HogsHaven) http://sbnation.com/e/7830890 

B-NKKW0IUAATnTF.jpg

Eric Bickel @EBJunkies 59m59 minutes ago

When u listen to Jay saying "we'll go into the season w/ Robert as the number 1 guy obviously" it's the LEAST convincing audio EVER. Comical

Ryan Clark @Realrclark25 5m5 minutes ago

Thank you brother!! RT @wingoz: Hey @Realrclark25 congrats and remember how this all got started #YoureWelcome

Archived