Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Despite some poster's deeply-held beliefs, I'd contend that no one up high has given up entirely on Robert (and yes, the size/time of investment plays a role) or Kirk, though Jay was on the edge with Bob last year.

There is also a difference, even in this org, between Dan's past proposed outright meddling and someone (Dan/Bruce/Scot/other coaches) sharing opinions and views that may might influence a coach in re-examining a position. And there still may be meddling, too. Unfortunately, no matter how often we hear otherwise, it will be hard for many of us to completely abandon that speculation as a possibility.

Mike Shanahan I went to Dan Snyder & told him there's no way to win in the NFL unless owner, GM, head coach, and QB r on same page #Redskins

Well, Mike was 2 out of 4 unless he as disagreeing with himself a lot. Still don't buy his McNabb story. Too early in his tenure for him to make that kind of concession.  Shanny knows about slippery slopes. Give in on day one and you have no say by week 20.

I suspect Mike's street is lined with speed bumps made from all the people he's thrown under the bus over the years.

John Keim @john_keim 14m14 minutes ago

Gruden on QB after season ended: "until that position is earned, you have to have a competition. .....

John Keim @john_keim 13m13 minutes ago

more gruden on QB after season ended: "... I anticipate us having a competition at a lot of spots, &quarterback is no different next year."

John Keim @john_keim 9m9 minutes ago

It's clear: Nothing is ever anyone's fault at Redskins Park. Best franchise at redirecting the blame.

John Keim @john_keim 9m9 minutes ago

Listen to people here long enough, current and past, and nobody owns their failures. Nobody. That's the culture they've created.

More spin from M. Shanahan.  He was the HC, he is supposed to protect his players.

I see no greater example of corporate officers' disinterest in the welfare of their workers than Shanahan's statements.  NFL owners and coaches treat these guys like interchangeable pieces of meat.  It's disgusting.

For those inquiring about the Kirk Cousins/Jon Gruden thing... It's not even a story.

He was there helping out H.S. football players at Carollwood Day School in Tampa, along with Josh Freeman (former Tampa Bay QB) and Alfred Morris.I can almost guarantee Jon asked Jay if he had any players that would like to volunteer to help out some young, aspiring football players and these guys jumped at the opportunity. If you can get some help improving your game at the same time, why the hell not. END OF NON-STORY...

http://tbo.com/sports/hillsborough-preps-report/gruden-returns-to-help-coach-at-carrollwood-day-20150211/?page=1<---  Link to actual article

It's very popular on ES to believe Mike S is just a big liar. I'm not one of those people. I don't like his persona, never have, and know he is capable of all sorts of less the forthright behaviors, but much of what he has said and still says fits other evidence, reason, rational analysis and makes sense to me. I think much of what he says that people have labeled lies and spite may have been right about the spite via built-up anger and frustration, but not so much the "lies" part.

ES has a long tradition of selling every former coach not named Gibbs down the river, blaming them for our woes.

Meanwhile franchise sucks consistently. So ES fans, Just stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes, and say lalalalalalala in a loud voice while Shanahan gives this interview.

Then when it's over call him a liar and tell him to "stay classy". The Dan Snyder Ferry will visit you tonight and leave season tickets under your pillow.

I'm confused Robert wanted to be a pocket passer?

I'm confused we used 3 first round picks on a QB the GM/HC apparently did not think was ready to become a drop back passer ...

In other non RGIII related news there's this. ..Bradford has been a disappointment so far and no one is trading for that contract he has. If he's becomes a free agent though Inlike him better than any QB we have to run Grudens offence even if it's just as a bridge QB.

@JasonLaCanfora: Sam Bradford has permission to seek a trade. Finding compensation to Rams' liking will be difficult. But his agent can speak to other teams

Paul Conner @P_Hazard 20m20 minutes ago

Funny guy. RT @MockingTheDraft: Snead on not having a bunch of Washington picks this year: "I feel like we're drafting on a budget."

ES has a long tradition of selling every former coach not named Gibbs down the river, blaming them for our woes.

Meanwhile franchise sucks consistently. So ES fans, Just stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes, and say lalalalalalala in a loud voice while Shanahan gives this interview.

Then when it's over call him a liar and tell him to "stay classy". The Dan Snyder Ferry will visit you tonight and leave season tickets under your pillow.

I've been waiting for my cool aide tickets for a long time, darn that fairy anyway, must have delivered them to someone else by mistake.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 24m24 minutes ago

Sam Bradford has permission to seek a trade. Finding compensation to Rams' liking will be difficult. But his agent can speak to other teams

I'm confused we used 3 first round picks on a QB the GM/HC apparently did I not think was ready to become a drop back passer ...

In other non RGIII related news there's this. ..Bradford has been a disappointment so far and no one is trading for that contract he has. If he's becomes a free agent though Inlike him better than any QB we have to run Grudens offence even if it's just as a bridge QB.

@JasonLaCanfora: Sam Bradford has permission to seek a trade. Finding compensation to Rams' liking will be difficult. But his agent can speak to other teams

Problem with Sammy is he is always injured but when he plays the man is a beast

John Keim @john_keim 40m40 minutes ago

It's clear: Nothing is ever anyone's fault at Redskins Park. Best franchise at redirecting the blame.

@john_keim I take full responsibility for the dumb stuff on the blog prior to Aug 2011.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 29m29 minutes ago

Let me be clear: Most thought all along that Robert would be the starter in 2015 BUT this is a HUGE mistake 2 announce now. Hurts Rob & KC.

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 2m2 minutes ago Indianapolis, IN

Lots of topics not broached. RT @MikeJonesWaPo Would've liked to have asked Gruden about Orakpo, but we weren't given time for that either.

Todd Archer @toddarcher 5m5 minutes ago

Ran into Bill Callahan. Said he was offered OC opportunities but chose Redskins OL. Said he will miss his Cowboys OL, called them best in lg

WashingtonBuccaneers @SimoneBett 1m1 minute ago

Gruden today...RGIII is the starter for 2015..Shanahan today...RGIII has alot of confidence but doesn't put enough time into the film room!

#SKINS FANS ONLY!!!! retweeted

Now this is a bike! Nice #HTTR

B-JqPwuIAAAvtNT.jpg

The MMQB @theMMQB 2m2 minutes ago

Very strong group at RB. "@nda1132: @theMMQB Which do you think is the deepest position talent wise this year? #askthemmqb

arthur haszard @HapHaszard now Florida, USA

The info that RGIII will be the starter next year, makes me wonder if a trade for Kirk is in the works.

Daryl Barnes @DarylBMoney 2h2 hours ago

@LakeLewis @SportsJourney alot of positive changes for the Redskins..looking forward to this year

Would that be the Danny Ferry?

Ferry.gif

Seriously though, who really cares what Shanahan says? Does it really matter at this point? We suck. We know we suck. He may be telling the truth, but what difference does it make?

Keim hit it on the head: Nothing is ever anyone's fault in this organization. Blame someone else.

Let's be honest.  If Jay had said there was an open competition for qb, then hysteria would have been the same.  This is a time when hc and gm are lying through their teeth.  While this may be true, it just as well may be a smoke screen.  Time will tell.

Todd Archer @toddarcher 5m5 minutes ago

Ran into Bill Callahan. Said he was offered OC opportunities but chose Redskins OL. Said he will miss his Cowboys OL, called them best in lg

This to me is very interesting.  I know Dan threw some money his way, but I wonder why he would give up chances to be OC somewhere.

Archived