Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Hey Hap I got an idea, I'll quote you and you quote me, why I don't know, with the twitter being all about self promotion and all. 

One disadvantage of living in FL, you don't get snow days off.

Oh wait, I'm retired every day is a snow day LOL

Jason_OTC @Jason_OTC 11h11 hours ago

Hard to believe Gholston is getting another look. If he was a 6th round pick he wouldnt have made it out of camp in 2008. 0 sacks in 45 gms

SJD10304 @SJD10304 11h11 hours ago

@Jason_OTC 1 of the biggest wastes of incredible physical attributes i've ever seen. Totally looks the part, totally unable to play it.

Hey Hap I got an idea, I'll quote you and you quote me, why I don't know, with the twitter being all about self promotion and all. 

works for me

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 43s44 seconds ago

RT @bylindsayhjones: Am told CSU QB Garrett Grayson tweaked his hamstring in training and now won't work out here in Indy.

Adam Caplan retweeted

Josh McCown dining with Bears coach John Fox this morning.

JsteelzHttr24-7 retweeted

The crew is back join us live tomorrow at 9pm http://tobtr.com/s/7361549  Podcast time with guest @Russellmania980

Gary Fitzgerald @GaryRFitzgerald 8m8 minutes ago

Why isn't RGIII working on skills w/ the head coach's brother? And why is there talk about a #Redskins QBs working out...in February?

The MMQB retweeted

Basketballer-turned DEnd-turned 1st-round left tackle? TJ Clemmings is trying to maximize that thing called upside: http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/18/nfl-draft-tj-clemmings-pittsburgh/ 

NFL retweeted

Watch all the GM/coaches combine press conferences live on @NFLNow. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000470992/article/combine-press-conferences-to-be-shown-live-on-nfl-now?campaign=Twitter_atn 

HumbleSkins @johnnylocal 18m18 minutes ago

Oh and Hap, I will still be running the Has-watch, lol. #nojobyet @HapHaszard

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 2m2 minutes ago

I wouldn't let my dog have Jon Gruden work on his QBing skills and I don't even have a dog.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 14m14 minutes ago

From Tues: My way-too-early prediction for the #Redskins’ top draft pick is. . . http://wp.me/pAil9-3Bk  #RedskinsTalk

B-EgKXrCEAId1Cl.png

Paul Conner @P_Hazard 22s23 seconds ago

Jon Gruden hasn't developed a QB but if I can talk and converse with someone who has intimate knowledge of my playbook, I'm speaking to him

Homer McFanboy ‏@HomerMcFanboy 2m2 minutes ago

It's time for the NFL combine. In related news, football isn't played in underwear, so stop obsessing over 40 times and everything else.

Emmanual Benton ‏@Manny_PPI 6m6 minutes ago

Kirk Cousins is smart. He understands the #Redskins value nepotism.

Liked... but than realized 2 great tweets people my not have realized I love both

Will Compton @_willcompton 3m3 minutes ago

GOOD LUCK to my guys @AFRO_THUNDER80 and @Ameerguapo at the #NFLCombine .. Long time comin fellas! #ProudFather

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 6m6 minutes ago Indianapolis, IN

Bucs coach Lovie Smith, speaking about Jameis Winston, acknowledges the QB has some baggage. Said he's eager to discuss it all this week.

Tom Schad @Tom_Schad 21m21 minutes ago

Also, for combine updates from Indianapolis this week, give @ZacBoyer a follow (if for some silly reason you don't follow him already).

FL @nfl 17m17 minutes ago

ICYMI: Jameis Winston & Marcus Mariota will throw at the #NFLCombine (via @RapSheet) http://at.nfl.com/ia0JpBv 

B-ItMy8IQAAi8i-.jpg

Chris Thompson @ChrisThompson_4 22m22 minutes ago

Oh you gotta love it.

Matt Miller @nfldraftscout 26m26 minutes ago

Per @Gil_Brandt, only OL to weigh under 300 lbs was Reese Dismukes. Good news for my guy DJ Humphries.

#SKINS FANS ONLY!!!! retweeted

wonder how many of these so called #Redskins experts bloggers are at the combine? #HTTR

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 29m29 minutes ago

PFT Live on @NBCSportsRadio comes from Indy today with Rex Ryan, Lovie Smith, Whisenhunt, Keim, Licht, Spielman http://wp.me/p14QSB-9I6b

JsteelzHttr24-7 @JsteelznSkins 39m39 minutes ago

@BurgundyBlog @MarkBullockNFL @NFLosophy @Manny_PPI take it all the way deep. Jon Gruden and Scot worked in Greenbay tog.. Boom lol

@JsteelznSkins @BurgundyBlog @MarkBullockNFL @NFLosophy Never a dull moment in Redskinsville.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 51m51 minutes ago

RGIII needs to one-up Cousins and make that phone call to Andy Dalton. #Redskins

Jimmy Kempski @JimmyKempski 3h3 hours ago

If Mel Kiper's initial mock drafts over the last 5 years were 100% accurate, here's who your team would have drafted:

B-IP721IUAA4bJg.png

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 3s3 seconds ago

Mike Shanahan on ESPN 980 now. Says #Redskins thought they had Marc Bulger lined up, didn't happen, ended up going after Donovan McNabb.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 31s31 seconds ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "Donovan McNabb did some good things but we weren't a very good football team"

T @TMM75 51s51 seconds ago

Mike Shanahan reiterating what's been said many times before Snyder wanted McNabb. Allen made it work. Shanahan wasn't too keen on any of it

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 1m1 minute ago

I lied. Shanahan said he was unhappy with terms of Donovan McNabb trade, but "Bruce had the leeway to orchestrate the deal."

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 2m2 minutes ago

Shanny starting off on @ESPNRadio980 throwing haymakers. Says Snyder wanted McNabb, he didnt want to give up any picks #RedskinsTalk

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 3m3 minutes ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "I didn't want to give up draft choices for Donovan McNabb"

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 4m4 minutes ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "Donovan McNabb wasn't our first choice. We wanted Marc Bluger but he wasn't released"

So, Shanahan just put the McNabb trade on Dan Snyder, via ESPN 980

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 47s47 seconds ago

Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 says decision to bench McNabb in Detroit '10 because Donovan was making a ton of mistakes in game.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 1m1 minute ago

I like Rex Ryan. Not sure I would want him coaching my team but I like him. http://instagram.com/p/zQCsCrS-kV/

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 4m4 minutes ago

Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 on McNabb/Bulger "They knew the direction that I wanted to go." Confirms Dan was guy who wanted McNabb most.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 1m1 minute ago

Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 on his first conversation w/ Haynesworth told him he can play 4-3 if he wanted but not #Redskins.

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 17s17 seconds ago

We have a real GM now, can we move on from the Shanahan/Allen era yet? Thanks.

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna 9s10 seconds ago

I'm really interested in how much Jay Gruden has learned. Last year was his first combine. We'll ask him what he's changed. #Redskins

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 47s47 seconds ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 on Haynesworth "You know when a guy isn't giving you all he's got "

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 17s17 seconds ago

Shanahan said he knew after McNabb and Haynesworth left the #Redskins that they "wouldn't last a year, and they didn't."

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 44s45 seconds ago

If you'd like to talk about current #Redskins and/or potential redskins via FA/Draft, I'll be here all day. Fire away

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 16s16 seconds ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "We could not have made the trade for Robert if we knew about the salary cap penalty"

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 30s31 seconds ago

Shanahan says he "couldn't" have made the RG3 trade if they had they known about the cap penalty.

Shanahan used “we” a lot when discussing the RG3 trade. But notes had they known about the cap penalty, they wouldn’t have made the move

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 39s39 seconds ago

Mike Shanahan right now on @ESPNRadio980 on Peyton Manning in '12 "He was not going to come in our direction." largely because of ELI.

Shanahan also says they def were looking at Peyton Manning. He met with Peyton at his house. But w/his bro in the division it was a no

Gary Fitzgerald @GaryRFitzgerald 13s14 seconds ago

So Mike Shanahan had final say on #Redskins roster decisions -- but not really. I believe it, but surprised Shanahan went along w/ this.

It's very popular on ES to believe Mike S is just a big liar. I'm not one of those people. I don't like his persona, never have,  and know he is capable of all  sorts of less the forthright behaviors, but much of what he has said and still says fits other evidence, reason, rational analysis and makes sense to me. I think much of what he says that people have labeled lies and spite may have been right about the spite via built-up anger and frustration, but not so much the "lies" part.  

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 39s39 seconds ago

Great job here by @kevins980 & @thomloverro with Mike Shanahan exclusive on @ESPNRadio980 #Redskins & #NFL fans listen also 832-999-1980

Washington Redskins @Redskins 2m2 minutes ago

Two #Redskins WRs are hitting Free Agency soon. See who else will be available | http://oak.ctx.ly/r/2i2fv 

B-JMJbrCIAAPjpI.jpg

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 1m1 minute ago

Shanahan may be telling the truth finally on his days at Redskins Park, but it's hard to ever believe what he says. Plays the victim.

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 1m1 minute ago

Shanahan on McNabb acquisition: "Bruce [Allen] had the leeway to make the deal and I think he knew how much Dan [snyder] wanted Donovan."

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 10s10 seconds ago

Shanny on Haynesworth: told A.H. that they were going to play 3-4 and if he wanted to play 4-3, he was free to facilitate move. No takers.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 1m1 minute ago

“To be honest with you, I really liked him” — Shanahan on RGIII coming out of Baylor #Redskins

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 2m2 minutes ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "I really liked Robert coming out of college"

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 58s58 seconds ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "We didn't know if he could be a pocket passer because he had never done it"

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 2m2 minutes ago

Mike Shanahan on RG3 @ESPNRadio980 "To be honest with you, I really liked him...He had the courage to hold the ball until the last second."

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 1m1 minute ago

Shanahan reiterates the fact he preached patience to Dan/Bruce when it came to drafting RGIII. Shanahan says he knew it would take 4/5 yrs

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 2m2 minutes ago

Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "He's gonna have to really commit" is what he told other management about RG III. Knew pocket skills 4-5 yrs

It's very popular on ES to believe Mike S is just a big liar. I'm not one of those people. I don't like his persona, never have,  and know he is capable of all  sorts of less the forthright behaviors, but much of what he has said and still says fits other evidence, reason, rational analysis and makes sense to me. I think much of what he says that people have labeled lies and spite may have been right about the spite via built-up anger and frustration, but not so much the "lies" part.  

I don't blame him for everything that happened during his tenure here, but I'm not going to pretend he didn't have a part in it. What is interesting to me is that so many people seem to really be interested in everything he says even though he's been gone for over a year now. Especially going all the way back to McNabb and Haynesworth stuff. Who really cares at this point? Was Shanny great while he was here? No. Was it all his fault? Nope. But he certainly played a part and didn't seem to do himself any favors on the way out.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 3m3 minutes ago

Mike Shanahan's pre-draft assessment of RGIII: "We can do this, but we've got to run the style of offense he ran at Baylor."

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 4m4 minutes ago

Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 says he thought Robert would only work if they ran the Baylor offense - he could be successful. #Redskins

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "I didn't do a good job at teaching Robert to slide or throw it away"

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "Russell Wilson is doing the exact same thing"

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "It was going to take 4 or 5 years for Robert to learn how to be a pocket passer"

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "We didn't know if he could be a pocket passer because he had never done it"

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "We could not have made the trade for Robert if we knew about the salary cap penalty"

^^that last one was interesting

(and I'll go back to letting the pros do this  :lol:)

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 21s21 seconds ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "We considered taking Russell Wilson in the 3rd round"

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 2m2 minutes ago

Mike Shanahan (via ESPN 980) points out that Russell Wilson has used the read-option very well, something he thinks RGIII could have done.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 24s25 seconds ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "That hit (Robert took in the Baltimore game) looked like an ACL"

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna 3m3 minutes ago

Head Coach Jay Gruden talks to the media in 20. What do you want to know Redskins fans? I'll ask for ya'

Mike Shanahan admits 2010 #Redskins team did not have great deal of talent. He knew team would struggle around Donovan McNabb.

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 53s53 seconds ago

That may have been the greatest radio tease EVER RT @TarikCSN: Shanahan's phone cut out ...just as things REALLY were getting good.

I don't blame him for everything that happened during his tenure here, but I'm not going to pretend he didn't have a part in it. 

Nor, I imagine, is anyone else here. He's no one I liked or wanted (ever), but it wasn't because I didn't think he knew how to coach at a high level. 

RGIII must have just found a way to tap Shanahan’s line… Cutoff on a good story about the BMore game

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 14s15 seconds ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "Dr Andrews gave me the thumbs up on Robert's condition"

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 1m1 minute ago

#Redskins Gruden up at the podium in about 15 minutes. #RedskinsTalk

Gary Fitzgerald @GaryRFitzgerald 5m5 minutes ago

Mike Shanahan admits 2010 #Redskins team did not have great deal of talent. He knew team would struggle around Donovan McNabb.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 1m1 minute ago

Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 on RG III says Dr. Andrews told him by wearing brace he could not re-injure the LCL after #Ravens.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 1m1 minute ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "Even after the game Dr Andrews said it was a LCL injury & RG3 would be out 2-4 weeks"

Paul Conner retweeted

Mike Shanahan "Dr. Andrews gave Mike Shanahan the thumbs up after RG3 went back into Baltimore game after the Ngata hit" #Redskins

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 3s4 seconds ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "Robert knew he wasn't playing in Cleveland. There was NO possible chance"

Hunter Jennings @HunterLoganX 2m2 minutes ago

Mike Shanahan "Lack of communication with Dr. Andrews. Gave the thumbs up sign but didn't check RG3 after hit in Baltimore game" #Redskins

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 11s11 seconds ago

Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 says "you could tell he (RG 3) was a little upset" that Cousins did not have to run the "50 series"/QB option

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 18s18 seconds ago

Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 says he found out night before Philly that Robert did not want to run read-option vs. #Eagles Week 16.

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 9s9 seconds ago

I think we all knew Cleveland game was beginning of the end. Shanny confirms.

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 41s42 seconds ago Indianapolis, IN

Chargers GM Tom Telesco on new #Redskins DC Joe Barry: "We're sorry to see him go, but it's a great opportunity for him in Washington."

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 26s27 seconds ago

This Shanahan interview is fascinating to listen to. Caught on to it late though.

Again, think of the innumerable posts made for years by people blaming "it all" (the idea of a horrendously bad judgment) on Robert's ego or Mike's "need to win now."

Some of us kept saying the doc would have to have cleared it on any team and all coaches know the process and the huge consequences for bypassing it. The coach and player still have culpability as the final call is theirs if it's a "go" from the team doc (or doc in question), but a "no go" from the doc ends it.

Archived