Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Chick Hernandez @CHICKatCSN 6m6 minutes ago

Not sure why the surprise with Jay Gruden putting RGIII 1, Kirk 2 to start camp. He never said there wouldn't be a competition #overreax

Not sure why the surprise with Jay Gruden putting RGIII 1, Kirk 2 to start camp. He never said there wouldn't be a competition #overreax

Ah the sign of cheerleaders to come...

Gary Fitzgerald @GaryRFitzgerald 9m9 minutes ago

All that said, if I were an NFL owner looking to hire a head coach, I’d consider Mike Shanahan. I would not consider Jay Gruden. #Redskins

Adam Caplan @caplannfl 10m10 minutes ago

Marcus Mariota has told teams that he will do everything during his combine workout, including running the 40-yard dash.

Adam Caplan @caplannfl 13m13 minutes ago

Casey, due to his versatility (TE, FB, H-back, special teams), shouldn't be out of work long.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 18m18 minutes ago

Add Brandon Scherff to the list of player the #Redskins have met/are planning to meet with.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 19m19 minutes ago

.@RyanKerrigan91, meet Scot McCloughan. #HTTR

B-OoCnFCMAAaLhG.jpg

Adam Caplan @caplannfl 25m25 minutes ago

#Eagles are going to release TE James Casey today, per source.

Gary Fitzgerald @GaryRFitzgerald 33m33 minutes ago

About 1 month after Mike Shanahan joined #Redskins as head coach/president, he hosted all team employees in an organizational meeting.

Gary Fitzgerald @GaryRFitzgerald 32m32 minutes ago

In a presentation, Mike Shanahan showcased his vision for #Redskins: football ops & business side, employee expectations & professionalism.

Gary Fitzgerald @GaryRFitzgerald 31m31 minutes ago

It was a comprehensive, impressive, encouraging presentation by Mike Shanahan at #Redskins Park. He set the tone moving forward.

You could see how Mike Shanahan won 2 Super Bowls. You got the impression he was fully in charge. You felt optimistic for #Redskins’ future.

And I was on board. #Redskins

Gary Fitzgerald @GaryRFitzgerald 30m30 minutes ago

That's why it's stunning to me to hear Mike Shanahan admit he acquiesced to owner/Bruce Allen on 1st significant #Redskins personnel move …

Gary Fitzgerald @GaryRFitzgerald 29m29 minutes ago

… A trade that, according to Mike Shanahan, he didn't really favor: the Donovan McNabb trade. #Redskins #Eagles

Gary Fitzgerald @GaryRFitzgerald 29m29 minutes ago

So Mike Shanahan’s #Redskins tenure was lost from the very beginning. As a team employee at the time, it’s disappointing. Because I believed

RT @zjwhitman: List of NFL WRs with hand size ≤ 9-1/4": Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Antonio Brown, DJax, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green.

James Casey @jamescasey85 4m4 minutes ago

I was fired by the Eagles today. Thank you to the entire organization, my teammates, coaches, and all the fans for 2 great years.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 21s22 seconds ago

#Redskins Bruce Allen on @SiriusXMNFL "He is focused on getting better.There's never been a question about him watching film." on RG III.

NFLTradeRumors.co @nfltrade_rumors 3m3 minutes ago

RT @AlbertBreer: Mariota says he hasn't met with the Bucs yet. Also met with Eagles QBs coach Ryan Day but not Chip Kelly.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 2m2 minutes ago

In short, Bruce Allen says they are committed to draft more than ever (Yayy!!) & they are changing offense & defense drastically. #Redskins

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 6m6 minutes ago

Bruce on SirXM says somebody at combine relayed to him that this is the first time since 1995 that the #Redskins have all their draft picks

Washington Redskins @Redskins 7m7 minutes ago

#Redskins HC Jay Gruden & staff set to "evaluate each position equally" at #Combine & #Draft | http://oak.ctx.ly/r/2ibyy 

B-OxKKoIYAEhelc.jpg

Savior Scot, "New Bruce", and nonmeddling Dan notwithstanding, I think the most proven, prudent, and intelligent position is to put little if any stock (belief) in anything that comes from the Redskins now or in recent years, period---even including most past employees. And never use any such material to support any argument. 

That's a somewhat cynical and gloomy (and I sure hope exaggerated) overview. :mellow:  

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 9m9 minutes ago

Bruce Allen SXMNFL "We have a few guys that we've identified that can come in and help us." on free agency but says draft is major focus.

Pierre Garçon @PierreGarcon 11m11 minutes ago

It's cold in Florida I know it's cold everywhere else

Daniel Martin @DMartinCSN 24m24 minutes ago

Former #Terps WR Stefon Diggs says at NFL combine he met with both Ravens and Redskins and believes he will meet with them again today.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 15m15 minutes ago

Bruce Allen on @SiriusXMNFL on #Redskins D "..As we are on defense. That's going to be a complete change over from we have been doing."

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 16m16 minutes ago

Smelter is coming off an ACL injury and that needs to checkout. But that guy can ball. Watch him vs Fuller at VTech. Dominated.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 17m17 minutes ago

Bruce Allen on @SiriusXMNFL says coaches are still developing play book for Rob w/ Bill Callahan infusion. #Redskins

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 18m18 minutes ago

I'm really interested in #GeorgiaTech WR DeAndre Smelter b/c he has huge 11'' hands and actually uses them to his advantage on film.

Adam Carriker @AdamCarriker94 19m19 minutes ago

Choose being kind over right and you will be right every time.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 20m20 minutes ago

B Allen on SXMNFL "We're going to make some changes to our offense this year.The coaches don't even have a play book for him to study yet."

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 24m24 minutes ago

#Redskins Bruce Allen on @SiriusXMNFL "He is focused on getting better.There's never been a question about him watching film." on RG III.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 17m17 minutes ago

Bruce Allen on @SiriusXMNFL says coaches are still developing play book for Rob w/ Bill Callahan infusion. #Redskins

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 20m20 minutes ago

B Allen on SXMNFL "We're going to make some changes to our offense this year.The coaches don't even have a play book for him to study yet."

Oh, boy...more shtuff for people to pick apart as being a sign that Griffin is already the starter!! I need to stock up on popcorn lol...

Shanny also "staked his reputation" to Grossman and Beck. But no one seems to remember that.

I thought that this was a silly thing to judge him on at the time, and I still do.  From my view, he was giving a vote of confidence to his players.  The climate at the time was extremely negative about both Grossman and Beck, so he fed the media a line to help motivate them.  He didn't give a **** if we thought that he was serious, he was just doing something to help motivate his team.  I don't see anything wrong with that, and I think that his reputation wasn't going to be balanced on the success or lack thereof for either of those two players.  I mean, the fact that no one seems to remember it kinda proves that it didn't solidify or majorly impact his reputation.

/rant

Oh, boy...more shtuff for people to pick apart as being a sign that Griffin is already the starter!! I need to stock up on popcorn lol...

I think that Gruden saying yesterday that he was the starter going into the season was a big enough sign. :)

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 5m5 minutes ago

John Elway: We'll tag Demaryius Thomas if no deal by deadline http://wp.me/p14QSB-9IaG

T @TMM75 7m7 minutes ago

Good stuff from @Russellmania980 re: Bruce Allen's comments today. But if there's any person to believe less than Mike Shanahan...

Washington Redskins @Redskins 9m9 minutes ago

#Redskins OLB @RyanKerrigan91 chats w/ President Bruce Allen at the #NFLCombine. WATCH | http://oak.ctx.ly/r/2icpb 

B-O-98PCIAAEDed.jpg

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 21m21 minutes ago

Pretty impressed with WR Devin Funchess of Michigan (6-4, 232). Adding his name to my spellcheck. #RedskinsTalk

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 32m32 minutes ago

Via @john_keim: RT @ESPN_NFLNation #Redskins draft prospects: Dante Fowler Jr. http://es.pn/1Li17lg  // I am one game in & I am "ehhh"

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 30m30 minutes ago

@Russellmania980 @john_keim I've watched six and see the upside but am still saying "ehh." La'el Collins dominated him.

John Keim @john_keim 37m37 minutes ago

my analysis after watching some of his games RT @ESPN_NFLNation #Redskins draft prospects: Dante Fowler Jr. http://es.pn/1Li17lg

you also can read this article in BRBN

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 48m48 minutes ago

RT @Tre9er: Lot of 6'3"+ WRs this year. Good year to need a big guy

Chris Baker @cbaker92redskin 49m49 minutes ago

#tbt Mamas Boy gotta love yo mama http://instagram.com/p/zS5h4OrHAI/

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 52m52 minutes ago

Shanny has high expectations for one of his former #Redskins. It's just not RG3 http://bit.ly/1G8RjHj  #RedskinsTalk

B-O2cXwIAAAdmS4.jpg

106.7 The Fan @1067thefandc 2h2 hours ago Washington, DC

Bashaud Breeland literally has a 'Breeland Island' sticker on his car, according to Jason Bishop. PHOTO: http://cbsloc.al/1JrRvHc

J Money @j_block202 10m10 minutes ago

@_DaDapperDon @Snide_Remarks @Redskins @Eagles Tennessee working hard to make it appear that they're going qb #2, they want those picks too

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 9m9 minutes ago

Totally against thoughts of Redskins trading 5th pick to Philly to get Mariota. Never let a division rival get better.

Joe Crackk @_DaDapperDon 16m16 minutes ago

#Eagles want Mariota ...they should trade spots wit the #Redskins who need to rack up on draft picks anyway! @Redskins @Eagles

1f602.png1f525.png RT @RyanKerrigan91: 2011 NFL Combine, ~ 4 a.m. Hair game on "fleek." #tbt http://instagram.com/p/zTAOyPHStF/ 

B-PFHBSIcAAX8Mo.jpg

So fleek, fam1f4af.png

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 4m4 minutes ago

Y'all ready for a mock off-season post featuring Free Agency & a full mock draft featuring trades? #Redskins

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 6m6 minutes ago

Well then. “@ESPNNFL: Georgia RB Todd Gurley: "I'm not here to be the No. 5 pick or a second-round pick. I want to be the No. 1 pick.”

NFLTradeRumors.co @nfltrade_rumors 9m9 minutes ago

RT @dpbrugler: Gurley said he has 24 interviews scheduled. Asked how he was going to prepare: "drink a lot of water"

NFL @nfl 2m2 minutes ago

12 prospects with PLENTY to prove at the #NFLCombine, according to @Gil_Brandt: http://at.nfl.com/71MgS1S 

B-PF1puCEAAag78.jpg

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 5m5 minutes ago

Seahawks G.M. John Schneider: Demand for cornerback Byron Maxwell likely to be "very strong" http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Iac

Bruce says priorities on assessing players are:

1. Medical history

2. Interview

3. Measureables 

Bruce said he hadn't seen jay's presser, but that jay didn't say anything he hasn't been saying around the building since January so no one was surprised.....are you a believer or a heathen?  :lol:

Hilarious to read all the people on this b board not buying what Shanny said. Let's be honest, folks, all he did was confirm things that we already knew.

Kevin Sheehan let out a nugget that isn't getting any run (at least in this thread). He said he spoke to Shanny before last season about RGIII's preference for becoming a pocket passer. Shanny said if the team acquiesced, then watch because RGIII will take a ton of sacks and everyone will blame the online. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAS HAPPENED.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I like that Callahan is involved with creating the playbook. Another experienced hand in the offense for a staff that was under manned last year.

Bruce says priorities on assessing players are:

1. Medical history

2. Interview

3. Measureables 

Bruce said he hadn't seen jay's presser, but that jay didn't say anything he hasn't been saying around the building since January so no one was surprised.....are you a believer or a heathen?  :lol:

I don't know what to believe when Bruce Allen talks, I just think he comes off as a nice guy and judge him by how I feel about his hair on any given day.

The medical history thing is kinda funny when we look at what happened with a lot of our free agents, especially Tracy Porter who I literally forgot was on the team.  Maybe we need to move the bar a little above "hasn't quite fallen apart yet but give it a minute or so."

Hilarious to read all the people on this b board not buying what Shanny said. Let's be honest, folks, all he did was confirm things that we already knew.

Kevin Sheehan let out a nugget that isn't getting any run (at least in this thread). He said he spoke to Shanny before last season about RGIII's preference for becoming a pocket passer. Shanny said if the team acquiesced, then watch because RGIII will take a ton of sacks and everyone will blame the online. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAS HAPPENED.

Anyone could have told you that was going to happen man. Its natural progression. 

The problem is letting a 1st year QB dictate your team. But whatevs

Archived