Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Adam Gase has agreed to be Bears OC

Soooo....any movement on a QB coach? So happy with Scot & Bill, but everything else nullified all the positive vibe. This ****ing Tampa bull**** has got to end. Just unbelievable. One step forward & two steps back. **** **** ****

Bears also got Adam Gase as their OC. Their coaching trio of Fox/Gase/Vangio is miles ahead of ours, yet it took em only 1 offseason.

Meh, neither coaching staff is very impressive.

I'm not sure why Fox keeps getting jobs, Gase is riding Peyton's coat tails, and I've never been impressed with Fangio. He was just an upgrade from Haslett, which is like an upgrade from hovel to shack.

Maybe. I figure though you can do it less painlessly --schedule the Redskins interview later in the week and see if it helps the Bears budge. But yeah it would be the only thing that would make any sense on his end if he had no interest in coming here. What I keep wondering about though is why no official offer from the Redskins. Even if we were the dark horse candidate, we've been there before and still got the target by showing the candidate the money -- yeah maybe it wouldn't have gone anywhere but it seems very UnRedskins like to not even try.

Well...we really don't know how the interview went. Maybe Fangio just did not interview well. Maybe he was interested but jay and co. weren't. The tweet about Raheem throws another angle in there but who knows what's true.

I'm honestly not that crazy disappointed. I wasn't so high on Fangio that I'm distraught we missed him. And I'm not so low on Barry that I'm ready to pronounce the whole staff a failure before this season is finished...

@Jizzie12 In this case, just got a text from a coach and passed it along. Didn't think anything of it. Forgot how rabid fan base is there.

@Jizzie12 Source said Gase to Bears...and BOOM, it happens. Will continue to do so, but thanks. Man, I miss the Redskins beat. Haha.

Michael got into a little spat with a Redskins fan who was questioning his sources.

The ones he got from Vinny?

I thought Danny Smith and Brandon Banks had them?

Maybe they got them from Vinny originally.

Someone needs to tell Dan that at this point, we would gladly stare at pictures of him naked and be completely non-judgmental about it if we would just do what needs to be done.

I'm completely confused as to what's going on with this team? All the excitement Mac brought is quickly being sapped away.

I think the long term excitement for Scot is being tempered by the smacks to the face we're getting concerning the 2015 season.

Bottom line: Wins/improvement. People wanted Danny boy to not meddle. Wanted Gruden to be able to make his own decisions. Wanted a GM to manage the roster and find talent. All done. Now there maybe some issues and bent feelings about how this has transpired, I'll admit I'm not pleased, but who am I? I don't manage football teams or work in the industry so what do I know.

However , I do know this: if this team doesn't win or show SIGNIFICANT improvement in all phases of the games, the entire coaching staff will be fired at the end of the season. If the team opens the first half any worse than 3-5, I think Jay is canned and Callahan is made interim HC. Scot is given the control of finding a new staff for '16.

in McLoo's presser, he said Danny was embarrassed and just wants to win, etc... If this team and staff show no improvement, it will be a complete overhaul of the coaching staff and players. Based on everything I read, it seems like we should have a new scouting dept after the draft, just based on that being the common practice for new GMs to bringing in people they trust to evaluate talent. That would allow for a complete fresh start with SM running the show.

I'm completely confused as to what's going on with this team? All the excitement Mac brought is quickly being sapped away.

The most obvious narrative is the one most difficult to believe.  Gruden was given a proving year. One year to get it right or get out.  He's choosing to surround himself with the guys he knows and trusts best. Unfortunately, these are also people who have little to stand on in terms of accomplishments. Maybe all the chips on their shoulders will amount to an us against the world vitality.  Maybe hiring Barry was a really smart choice, a brilliant coach who got blackballed because of Detroit. However, the release of Baker is baffling.  Baker proved himself here and from what I remember reading everywhere else he has been too.

I don't get it either. I am worried that 2015 is already a wasted year. Hopefully, I'm wrong and it is a year of redemption.

We'll find out.

I think the long term excitement for Scot is being tempered by the smacks to the face we're getting concerning the 2015 season.

I want to see a string of smart hires like Scot before I let myself start believing again. 

FO needs to demonstrate they actually have turned a real corner and it wasn't a case of a blind squirrel finding a nut w/ Scot.

Darrelgreenie - it's not spilt milk, because the same clowns that presumably made a poorly informed/advised decision on a DC based on flimsy evaluation criteria are still running the franchise. 

It's unbelievable. 

Maybe we think spilt milk means different things then?

I don't see what's unbelievable about Joe Barry's hiring.

It still is and has always been about the quality of the acquisition of talent.

Pretty simple.

I wish it were one thing, but '87 put the lie to that. It is coaching plus talent.  It is not talent alone.  Gibbs to take a bunch of scabs and take out a playoff caliber Dallas team coached by a HOFer.  If you have mediocre or poor coaching than great talent can overcome. If you have great coaching then you can overcome poor or mediocre talent (at least for a while)

I don't remember where I read it today ( I think twitter and from someone covering the Senior Bowl), but whoever it was was alluding to Barry most likely wanting to bring his own guys in, as most coordinators do, and the team wanting to give Baker a chance to network and catch on with another staff. They mentioned how right now was prime time for that kind of stuff with NFL guys at the Senior Bowl and the new staffs coming together. Not saying I like it, but that was the spin on it.

What i don't get is the craze this place went through last year and in 2008 when the coach was hired after the staffs were (or we didn't fire the staffs last year). Now we have a new coordinator and love him or hate him, do people really want to force him to work with a new staff instead of allowing him to bring in his own guys? Kinda backwards.

What i don't get is the craze this place went through last year and in 2008 when the coach was hired after the staffs were (or we didn't fire the staffs last year). Now we have a new coordinator and love him or hate him, do people really want to force him to work with a new staff instead of allowing him to bring in his own guys? Kinda backwards.

Well, IF true... And Raheem is retained... I doubt that's one of his guys...

Well, IF true... And Raheem is retained... I doubt that's one of his guys...

But why? They do have history together, and for all we know Morris may be a good coach. People here were singing his praises after 2012 when we had the 7 game run and people were thinking he was calling plays. London days he should be defensive coordinator. So I'm not sure why he couldn't be a Barry hire.

But why? They do have history together, and for all we know Morris may be a good coach. People here were singing his praises after 2012 when we had the 7 game run and people were thinking he was calling plays. London days he should be defensive coordinator. So I'm not sure why he couldn't be a Barry hire.

I enjoy your optimism.

Thank you.

Fangio is WAY overrated on this board.  Our defense will be young and mostly unknown going into next season.  Move on.  Fangio wouldn't have turned them into stars.  San Fran was ripe for coaching with a great roster when he came in.  We aren't there.

Get over it.

Hopefully our fans move on from thinking we are Super Bowl bound, and get excited about the concept of rebuilding from scratch.  Enjoy youth and players we can hopefully hang our hats on for years.

You can't have it both ways.

Archived