Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

So had an awesome dream this morning and was so hoping it was true..... unfortunately .... no. Basically for whatever reason in my dream there was a TV announcement that DGreen was hired as DB Coach. It was being announced as I was waking up so you can see my confusion as well as the TV was on the news when I truly woke up. So I thought .... who knows maybe they liked what he did at the East/West game with the DB's and wanted him here. 

I guess I was wrong if Raheem is still here. I'm just soo bummed for a second day. Not that I think DGreen is the best DB Coach out there but just that it would have been cool having an ex player here to coach. Someone kinda respected by the fans, and if he was respected at the coaching level I was pumped. lol. but.... lol... just a dream. lol. 

Didn't I see somewhere on here where someone posted that the Redskins office was shocked at the backlash over the Barry pick for DC? 

I'm not saying that they should be on here taking a poll or getting fans feelings about anything but no different then we should have known Barry was most likely the pick..... the front office should have seen the backlash coming. I'm pretty sure it was all over the radio both announcers and fans not supporting the idea of Barry being picked prior and while waiting for Fangio to not only come for his visit but also while waiting for his decision. 

I'm all for giving someone a second chance, maybe he has had time to pick up some pointers while with the Bucs and with the Chargers. Maybe he comes out and the defense is top 10 and is busting balls out there. and I'll eat the crow but after having to go through the announcement that  Haslett was the DC and his piss poor stats and all the argument about giving someone a second chance and we do and get burned makes this really a deja vu moment. Not really feeling the we got a winner vibe. Getting more of the we got another ole boys club sort of feeling. Lets pass on the obvious home run and lets go with friends for 100.

Find this hard to believe.  It was known that shortly before Vic interviewed that Vic/Donatell were a package deal. 

That was an assumption mainly of JLC we don't know that as fact.  To play devil's advocate, maybe they wanted to see if he would budge on it and if Fangio didn't budge, so he wasn't their guy.  Doubt it, though.

If there is some truth to it I'd guess it was a minor thing where Fangio sensed they liked Morris or the reporter heard that Barry likely retains Morris (as we were told  would likely happen awhile ago) and he came to the conclusion that it was a factor in the decision.  

That's the ESPN Bears reporter's tweet, so he's not some random insider.  Chris Russell on air right now suggesting its accurate.   But you never know.   I don't see how it can be proved or disproved.  

I wonder two things...

1)  Who was the leak... there was a rather trolling leak from my guy right after THE tweet came out.  Curious, that.  I doubt this came from Fangio.  Initially I did, but he has nothing to gain from it.  It was someone here.

2)  How far down on the list of questions in each interview was "Do you want to keep Raheem Morris on the staff?".  Obviously it was number 1 when we interviewed Raheem.

EDIT:  This seriously smells of someone HERE, like a beat reporter, leaking this so they can write about it.  What else does it do but troll Redskins fans?

You think Fangio was THAT upset he didn't get the offer?

Heard Fangio wanted to bring Donatell to Redskins, but they wanted to keep Raheem Morris... hence Chicago.

Add me to the list of the befuddled. We are compiling a Bad News Bears style coaching roster.  Maybe they think that Morris plus Barry equal a double negative?

I hope they know something I don't, but it takes me back to last offseason where I just couldn't comprehend why they'd only make changes to the offensive staff. Don't they realize how poorly this staff has performed for not one but five years now?

I wonder two things...

1)  Who was the leak... there was a rather trolling leak from my guy right after THE tweet came out.  Curious, that.  I doubt this came from Fangio.  Initially I did, but he has nothing to gain from it.  It was someone here.

2)  How far down on the list of questions in each interview was "Do you want to keep Raheem Morris on the staff?".  Obviously it was number 1 when we interviewed Raheem.

That guy is the Bears ESPN guy, so its their version of John Keim.    So I'd gather he has a regular source who he trusts if he's willing to put that out publicly like that.  But as we see here, sources are hit and miss.  

It is a funny thought if it indeed was the X factor.  Mike Jones was just asked about it.   Jones said that he heard that in interviews they did mention to some candidates that they want to retain Raheem Morris.  Jones said Jay suggested Fangio's mind was already made up when he got here for the interview that he's going elsewhere.  That point strikes me strange too -- why would Fangio waste his time then, maybe to help his leverage in negotiations?  

That guy is the Bears ESPN guy, so its their version of John Keim.    So I'd gather he has a regular source who he trusts if he's willing to put that out publicly like that.  But as we see here, sources are hit and miss.  

It is a funny thought if indeed was the X factor.  Mike Jones was just asked about it.   Jones said that he heard that in interviews they did mention to some candidates that they want to retain Raheem Morris.  Jones said Jay suggested Fangio's mind was already made up when he got here for the interview that he's going elsewhere.  That point strikes me strange too -- why would Fangio waste his time then, maybe to help his leverage in negotiations?  

Yeah, if his mind was made up I'd say leverage and you never know what happens next year with the HC.  If you turn down an interview for DC are they going to have you back for a HC interview?  Probably not.

Yeah, to me, it just sounds like one of our dudes gave that to him to put out so they were clean.  Keim is probably closer to Rich Campbell cause they both worked for the Times - but now I'm getting too deep into my consipiracy.

But I'm telling you, I have a hunch!!!

...It is a funny thought if it indeed was the X factor.  Mike Jones was just asked about it.   Jones said that he heard that in interviews they did mention to some candidates that they want to retain Raheem Morris.  Jones said Jay suggested Fangio's mind was already made up when he got here for the interview that he's going elsewhere.  That point strikes me strange too -- why would Fangio waste his time then, maybe to help his leverage in negotiations?

Its weird that Fangio would bother interviewing if he didn't want the job? Austin and Marrone both declined the interview for the Broncos. Seems Fangio could have politely declined if he wasn't interested.

I really hope this wasn't true, and Morris wasn't a barricade to hiring Fangio, especially if we were one tossing of Morris away from a Fangio/Donatell pairing.

Like...I just can't comprehend why we would do that, save for keeping the old boys network in place.  And keeping the old boys network in place is...just...a bad idea on its face, but it's far worse if we did it over two superior coaches.

IF this is true, Gruden needs to hit 8-8 this year to make up this level of foolishness.  Anything less, toss 'em all, save maybe KO and Callahan.

Its weird that Fangio would bother interviewing if he didn't want the job? Austin and Marrone both declined the interview for the Broncos. Seems Fangio could have politely declined if he wasn't interested.

Agree.  And as for that, its no reporter source.  It's Jay who is directly suggesting this.    I am assuming there has to be more to that story.  Am not saying its Raheem.  But I wouldn't prepare for an interview and fly across the country and spend a day and half interviewing, just for kicks.

I'm starting to think (hoping beyond hope) BA is being given this final chance to shape the coaching staff he wants before that power is given to the GM next year. I doubt McGlouhan had time to worry about all aspects of the team on such short notice, so Bruce is still shaping the coaching staff. With any luck Scot will take over the whole operation next year. Wishful thinking, but I really can't see anything positive about this team going forward right now.

I'm trying not get wrapped up in the who did what to who that got them to Barry because ultimately it doesn't matter. Jay made his choice for DC whatever happened, happened. Barry is our DC and although there appeared to be more qualified DC candidates out there it doesn't mean he won't work out.

Spilt milk.

Although its tempting to parse out why it don't matter

Hence they love raheem too much to the mod that was calling me out. never claimed to be an insider either, just shared sincere info that i happened to know for this specific situation. this franchise never fails to surprise me. i have no faith in this coaching staff. I was being positive about the whole talent over coaching stuff but this just pisses me the **** off now... **** jay and **** bruce and anyone else that had a hand in this. 

If nothing else, this should temporarily put to rest the Snyder meddling narrative.  There's no way impetuous, front running, name grabbing Snyder is behind the hiring of Barry.

Hopefully it puts to rest that Jason LaCanfora somehow is worthy of information.  Even a blind squirrel can find a walnut once in a while....

I'm trying not get wrapped up in the who did what to who that got them to Barry because ultimately it doesn't matter. Jay made his choice for DC whatever happened, happened. Barry is our DC and although there appeared to be more qualified DC candidates out there it doesn't mean he won't work out.

Spilt milk.

Although its tempting to parse out why it don't matter

Agree with this.  To me the only interesting dynamic is we knew they liked themselves some Raheem Morris but maybe that love runs deep.  Raheem Morris maybe not just the secondary coach next season but gets assistant D coordinator or some higher role?  

On the bright side, if Fangio had come in and been successful right away he'd probably be leaving in a year or two for a HC job. Right? You feel better now right?

Agree.  And as for that, its no reporter source.  It's Jay who is directly suggesting this.    I am assuming there has to be more to that story.  Am not saying its Raheem.  But I wouldn't prepare for an interview and fly across the country and spend a day and half interviewing, just for kicks.

Probably as you hinted before, leverage. Chicago knows Snyder will break out the check book so it would make sense. 

Darrelgreenie - it's not spilt milk, because the same clowns that presumably made a decision to hire a DC are still running the franchise. 

It's unbelievable. 

True, probably should have gone without a DC this year

Agree with this.  To me the only interesting dynamic is we knew they liked themselves some Raheem Morris but maybe that love runs deep.  Raheem Morris maybe not just the secondary coach next season but gets assistant D coordinator or some higher role?  

Yeah, because he's really earned that ... /sarcasm

If nothing else, this should temporarily put to rest the Snyder meddling narrative.  There's no way impetuous, front running, name grabbing Snyder is behind the hiring of Barry.

I had that thought, as well.  This appears to be a decision made entirely by Gruden, which oddly enough is what so many people champion and now kick the **** out of him for it because it's not the choice they prefer.

Probably as you hinted before, leverage. Chicago knows Snyder will break out the check book so it would make sense. 

On the bright side, if Fangio had come in and been successful right away he'd probably be leaving in a year or two for a HC job. Right? You feel better now right?

True, probably should have gone without a DC this year

that head coaching job would be here because grudens ass would probably be fired. donatell promoted to DC. this sucks..

Scot better knock it out of the park with personnel decisions because stuff like that Raheem tweet shows you how toxic this organization still is thanks to people like Bruce Allen, the president of the franchise.

you do realize that Gruden is making the coaching personnel decisions....right?

Archived