Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Come back, admit that this league is about talent, not coaching. Consider it a personal growth experience, courtesy of logic and facts, vis a vis extremeskins.com.

So given this stance, would you now finally explain why you were so adamantly against Wade as the choice? If it's about talent, not coaching, what would it have mattered if we got Wade instead of Barry or anyone else? Why so adamant with the "Do not want" with Wade if this is your stance?

Another article on Barry by John Keim, its a must read for most posters in this thread:

More Redskins thoughts: Joe Barry

you can find the article in Bubba's Redskins Breaking News if your an Extremeskins member.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 12m12 minutes ago

McVay is the Rodney Dangerfield of coaches apparently. RT @DanHicken: Redskins coach Gruden all by himself

B74mrerCEAAVHyj.jpg

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 10m10 minutes ago

Redskins training camp may begin July 29, according to Richmond Times-Dispatch. http://www.richmond.com/redskins-xtra/article_a879512b-054f-5984-b671-edea09222fef.html 

@MrDCsportsSr @sugewhite94 This isn't Haslett with 15 years of futility. This is a guy that had a terrible 2-year run as a 36-year old.

Redskins will stick with 3-4, but will still make changes http://wapo.st/1E262Wv 

So basically Barry is going to do with the defense what we wanted Haslett to do, only Haslett refused to do it bc reasons, I guess.

I

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 8m8 minutes ago

As you can tell if you follow me, I did NOT pick Scherff to the Redskins. The rest of round 1 is mine tho

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 10m10 minutes ago

2015 NFL Mock Draft: Washington Redskins select Brandon Scherff (via @HogsHaven) http://sbnation.com/e/7623798 

B74rP1-IYAAQxj_.jpg

John Keim @john_keim 1m1 minute ago

Mel kiper says on conf call that draft deep at safety, only 1 hi end . Great value w/pass rushers at top & late 1st, early 2nd. ILBs deep

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 57s57 seconds ago

Interesting, that Kiper would call the S class deep. I see quite a bit of potential but not a lot of plug and play guys. Deep? eh

T retweeted

#Ravens are hiring Marty Mornhinweg as their quarterbacks coach.

Chris Russell retweeted

South Team photos & full practice coverage are up on @fanspeak's Senior Bowl page: http://fanspeak.com/senior-bowl/  #SeniorBowl

B74sgc5CEAAQSZ_.jpg
B74sgj0CQAAqZQH.jpg
B74sgj2CUAEmIJl.jpg
B74sgmdCUAE9Goi.jpg

NFL Network @nflnetwork 3h3 hours ago

Want to ask a scout a @SeniorBowl question? Use #SeniorBowlQs & your question might appear on air during practice! pic.twitter.com/UJGhKyTHIA

Agreed, although while  " all we can do it watch the movie play out...."  may be sincere on your end, there will be endlessly repetitive posting 24-7 on how bad Barry is/will be. There will be those who will make many, many posts per week of that nature long before Barry does one exercise on the practice field.  

There is no waiting for that type.  And given their way (not happening) they would be an endless cacophony all off-season.

Negativity/skepticism is fine and I have a big share of it. But this issue of hyper-repetitiveness within that segment is worse than some of us have ever seen it and dumbs the board down substantially. It is very self-indulgent (among worse things). It will also cost some (possibly many) their memberships via the inevitable mod interactions and rule violations the behavior tends to engender. 

Just wondering can we make the blanket, uninformed statement, that Barry didn't do anything with the linebackers in San Diego and they were terrible (even though it's highly unlikely the poster watched more than 20 mins of any SD game this year?) a bannable offense, especially considering the only people who believe/state this are people on this board--and it's completely contradictory to anything anyone who knows what they are talking about has said?

Not that anyone cares but here is my take.

I am a casual fan. Not a coach or someone who really understands schemes and X's and O's like some of our other members (KDawg, DC9...). I just love the Redskins, have since I was 7 years old. I don't know what impact this hire will have on us. I just know it can't get much worse. Would Fangio had been a better hire? Your guess is as good as mine. The truth is, we will never know. We have to move forward with what we have.

But, I am willing to give Barry a chance and hope that he has it figured out. He may have been bad in his only job as DC but that was a while ago. We don't know if anyone else had any say in what he did on the job and his players were probably not great. I am willing to set all of that aside and give him a chance to prove he deserves a shot. 6 years is a long time for someone to grow and work on their chosen profession. To learn and get better.

We now have a GM that is a respected "football" guy in charge. I know he said this hiring would all be on Gruden but I have to believe that he had advise to give and input in the call. All I can do is wait and hope because I can't change any of it. 'Cause as much as I might like to be, I'm not Daniel Snyder. 

It is kind of fun watching some others melt down though.  :lol:

Mark (aka: Scott) Brunell, stated on sports center just now, that having a deflated ball is a "huge advantage." He said, he could "throw the ball 10 yards further," with the deflated ball. 10 lbs (psi) ball vs 13 lbs (psi) ball. He said he could "grip better" and control the ball better in rainy and cold situations. 

He is after all, super smart. 

Brunell left no doubt in my mind, with his words, that deflating the ball gave an unfair advantage to New England, an unequal competitive advantage. 

I'm sure we'll hear crickets from John Mara and the competition committee.

Mark (aka: Scott) Brunell, stated on sports center just now, that having a deflated ball is a "huge advantage." He said, he could "throw the ball 10 yards further," with the deflated ball. 10 lbs (psi) ball vs 13 lbs (psi) ball. He said he could "grip better" and control the ball better in rainy and cold situations. 

He is after all, super smart. 

Brunell left no doubt in my mind, with his words, that deflating the ball gave an unfair advantage to New England, an unequal competitive advantage. 

I'm sure we'll hear crickets from John Mara and the competition committee.

I'm thinking a cap penalty of $36M is in order.

Plus forfeiting all of their 2015 draft picks.  Who's with me?

In agreement with most here .. I was angry at the Barry hire. Not because "we lost" Fangino, because I don't think his resume is all that hot, although he's been successful with talent the last 3-4 years. I was just angry that we wind up with a guy whose record as a DC is worse than Hazmat. But I am NOT against a guy getting a second chance .. I just am tired of the Redskins being the testing ground/rehab center for questionable coach's careers. Let someone else take the baton!

All I know is that we finally have (hopefully) "another Bobby Beathard" at the helm. Gruden can turn things around starting this year (after a complete flop and scorched earth performance in 2014), or (and I think this is more likely) Gruden, Barry, Raheem, and the rest will be outtahere next January! Gruden made things far far worse than they were when he got here, and I didn't even think that was possible!

.. BUT .. we have no choice (apparently) but to watch (or not watch) another train wreck of a season before the next step is made.

Surprised by Baker. Thought he did a very good job. Seemed to really help Kerrigan in particular...

I had thought so too, Keim, I had thought so too.

Not sure about the others. Wouldn't stun me if the only defensive coach retained is Kirk Olivadotti. We shall see.

Baker I would have liked to keep, but if we get rid of Kirk, I think I'll be more frustrated/angry than with the Barry hire itself.

I hope we aren't burning bridges, with these guys. That's what I was probably most concerned about. Even if we get over the suspicious nature of the Barry hire, it can still be a terrible defensive offseason if our only good positional coaches on that side of the ball depart.

I'm thinking a cap penalty of $36M is in order.

Plus forfeiting all of their 2015 draft picks. Who's with me?

They should be disqualified from the playoffs altogether. They cheated, and this is their second offense within 10 years.

If cheating doesn't mean disqualification, why would any team not cheat if it meant a trip to the Superbowl. That's the point of the whole season. Losing a draft pick or two or a couple thousand of dollars is definitely worth a chance at a Superbowl.

In agreement with most here .. I was angry at the Barry hire. Not because "we lost" Fangino, because I don't think his resume is all that hot, although he's been successful with talent the last 3-4 years. I was just angry that we wind up with a guy whose record as a DC is worse than Hazmat.

The exact same thing could have been said about Fangio when we hired Haz. 

Fangio was a terrible DC before winning the talent lottery with the Niners.  

Terrible. 

As a DC, didn't say LB coach. 

Just wondering can we make the blanket, uninformed statement, that Barry didn't do anything with the linebackers in San Diego and they were terrible (even though it's highly unlikely the poster watched more than 20 mins of any SD game this year?) a bannable offense, especially considering the only people who believe/state this are people on this board--and it's completely contradictory to anything anyone who knows what they are talking about has said?

First of all, that's a horrible idea.  Stop recommending censorship.  And secondly, this board ain't the only place where the Chargers' linebackers are being hailed as "less than stellar".

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/jan/20/chargers-/

Not a bad loss... take a look at our LB core this last 4 years. Big loss? MMM no.

Well if he truly got 110% out of Teo, we're in trouble

Barry got 100%.... er... about 10% out of Donald Butler. If that.

This is how the NFL works. People work for people who know them from...wherever. I never heard of this guy before today, and I doubt he'll be that hard to replace.

Don't worry Dog, we probably got Bob Slowik or his equivalent lined up to take Baker's spot. Heh

Darn it, you're ruining my hump day.

My big concern now is Murphy's development, and/or the development of any draft picks.  I think just about everyone would hate us to take someone like Ray or Gregory with the first pick (I'd say there's a pretty good chance of that at this time too), and for someone inferior to Baker working with them.

When a guy who got 13.5 sacks with all his other pass rushers injured speaks, we have to listen.  Next guy will be compared to Baker, and it's a fairly high bar to hop over.

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 17m17 minutes ago

Under Baker Kerrigan had his best season. Under morris... well you know

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 17m17 minutes ago

Not thrilled about the idea of retaining Morris and letting Baker walk. #Redskins

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 19m19 minutes ago

Liked him, but new DC is a linebackers coach. RT @Russellmania980 OLB coach Brian Baker tells 980 he is NOT being retained by the Redskins

Archived