Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Judging by the giant egg that Gruden pooped last season, I'm going to pass on his opinion.  He's got a LOT to prove this season before I will trust him on anything again! Personally, I think he should start storing moving boxes in his closet just so he's ready next January. And to think that I was happy with his hire last year ...

It still astounds me how people actually had an expectation for Gruden to do well his first year taking over a 3-13 team with no 1st round pick + recovering from cap penalty hell... especially considering the Redskins still finished #13 in offense using 3 different QBs. 

Justin Byram ‏@Justin_Byram 9m9 minutes ago

Ideally you'd like to trade back and grab him, but man the #Redskins might have to consider NT Danny Shelton at 5. He's a special talent and

Justin Byram ‏@Justin_Byram 8m8 minutes ago

Been reportedly unblockable in mobile. Not to mention the NT of a 3-4 defense is one of the most important positions. I still believe there

Yeah he might wanna check out the practise. He is playing great but not unstopable. Looked tired second part of first practise and the Duke guard is winning some one on one against Shelton.

Judging by the giant egg that Gruden pooped last season, I'm going to pass on his opinion.  He's got a LOT to prove this season before I will trust him on anything again! Personally, I think he should start storing moving boxes in his closet just so he's ready next January. And to think that I was happy with his hire last year ...

It was the entire organization that crapped the bed last year, not just Gruden.  Hard to say it was all him when we've gotten very little out of the draft haven't done much to build a proper team.  The good thing is the team has taken steps to fix that.  Problem is, it isn't likely to be fixed next season.  You'd need to give your coach a couple of years to see if you are going in the right direction.

Semper-Fi's post sets this reply up, but it's about so many of similar nature that are a regular staple in ATN year in year out, so it's not "aimed at" him at all...

Whenever I see "belicheat" or "cheatriots" or "cheathawks", regardless of what real substance there may be to be had in such as topics in a  "legitimate" conversation, on this board i  tend to see a type of "whiny" and childish (look at those popular "terms"---it's like a sixth grader calling someone names) envy and jealousy coming from fans of a consistent loser, more than anything else in most cases.

the site is replete with many forms of "stupid <yet typical> hate."

i.e. i have all sorts of friends, family, co-workers, etc who, like tens of thousands of others in the Puget Sound area, are decent people and fine football fans (but of the seahawks, who i can't stand the last 6-7 years---it used to be diff) and i read how they're all vermin all the time here...and this coming from guys like GHH to Ghost, multiplied by a hundred. Now I know (of course) that it's a kind of typical and customary nonsense endemic to any message board and is how many fans 'go' when they wish to indulge. I'm just noting a little reality among the "dramatic."

Obv been freezing cold on Barry hire but pretty clear he's a nice guy, motivated, and very hard worker, so...there's that.

This cannot be emphasized enough.

Joe Barry is hungry and I think he will work hard.

Haz sucked every year and always had an excuse:

2010: "We changed from the 4-3"

2011: "We don't have enough talent"

2012: NFC East Championship no complaint from Haz

2013: "Mike Shanahan called the plays"

2014: "The players are dumb"

Chris Russell is the lone mouthpiece for Haz

Whoops, sorry Jumbo. Just enraged more by the fact that we got charged that 36 million and the cowboys 18 million and nothing will happen to these teams. If something does, then I will not feel sympathy.

No need to apologize to me, amigo---i did my best to separate you out of making my point...I was using your post as a vehicle with no ill-will intended at all (cuz there is none with you :))...and I share those aspects of your anger...

I really do miss our old beer-mug clinking smileys---too bad I'm such an "IT" doofus are I'd get off my ass and see if i could "locate" lour old selections and make them available again.

TEXT from Jim Haslett: "Can you call me so I can see if my phone is working? SOMEBODY has to want me, right?"

Steve Shoup @Steveospeak  Jan 20

Jim Haslett down here watching south team practice #SeniorBowl

B70gjamIYAIC44d.jpg

Three sources have either told or confirmed to @ESPNRadio980 that #Redskins DL Coach Jacob Burney (hired in 2010) will not be coming back.

Super Bowl is tainted. OH nooooooooz

/sarcasm

Considering that Greenbay had that game won (before choking it away) and that play was pivotal. In fact Seattle could not have won without that play... it kind of should be a big deal.

It's the Cheater bowl.  Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick (sp) the two least ethical guys in pro football going mano y mano.

Considering that Greenbay had that game won (before choking it away) and that play was pivotal. In fact Seattle could not have won without that play... it kind of should be a big deal.

It's the Cheater bowl.  Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick (sp) the two least ethical guys in pro football going mano y mano.

Yeah I see your point. We know the NFL misses calls all the time. It definitely sucks, but there's nothing that's going to happen now because of it unfortunately.

Dean Blandino confirmed that 6 man "wedge" was legal. I'll post the tweet when i'm back at my desk.

Question regarding #Seahawks onside kick. Rule states you must have at least 4 players on either side of the ball. Formation was legal.

— Dean Blandino (@DeanBlandino) January 22, 2015

Rule changed in 09. At least 4 players must be on each side of the ball. 3 must be outside hash, and 1 outside numbers. Rule 6-1-3 ©

— Dean Blandino (@DeanBlandino) January 22, 2015

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 22m22 minutes ago

Been saying this RT"@nfldraftscout: Continue to be impressed by Rob Havenstein. He's going to be a starter at RT for a long time."

some of u have pointed out how ancient my iphone is. can't wait to pick up my next phone today! http://www.bochud.ch/images/panasonic.jpg 

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 29m29 minutes ago Mobile, AL

One thing that's become clear watching Senior Bowl practice these last few days: Good luck if you're a team needing a quarterback.

The report of Morris being the reason Fangio didn't choose DC is a load of crap. 

It makes ZERO sense for the Redskins to give Morris permission to interview with the Giants for the DC position if Morris leaving was a deal breaker for our own DC hiring. 

Whenever I see "belicheat" or "cheatriots" or "cheathawks", regardless of what real substance there may be to be had in such as topics in a  "legitimate" conversation, on this board i  tend to see a type of "whiny" and childish (look at those popular "terms"---it's like a sixth grader calling someone names) envy and jealousy coming from fans of a consistent loser, more than anything else in most cases.

Agree completely. I actually have to remind myself everytime I see "romoSUCKS" that the person isn't actually typing that and not to let my brain go into a similar kind of "tuning out" realm that it does when I see things like "Belicheat". Things like "Seachickens", while perhaps humerous at times, just puts a sour juvenile tone that implies prejudice on the part of the person making the argument that is hard to block out when reading said argument...even if it's a sound one.

"I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!" 

Bill Belichek

blues-brothers-20_288x216.jpg

Not sure I agree there. I don't think we can know if it's a step up or down. What's his pay grade? FBS schools pay half way decent. If his pay is higher than it would be as an NFL positional coach, it's an upgrade. *shrug*

Eh, I may be letting my personal experiences blur my view there a bit. I know the relative I had that was a position coach in the NFL looked at such an option as a "step down" professionally. That probably is shading my view on that. You may be right.

As a note, immediete pay isn't everything. I haven't googled to see how much is out there on the net about it, but the pension program for NFL coaches with I think at least 4 or 5 years tenure is very nice (admittedly, it may've changed since I was last learning about it).

Archived