Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 33m33 minutes ago

Report: Broncos reach out to Wade Phillips with defensive coordinator needed http://wp.me/p14QSB-9H1w

Niles Paul @Niles_Paul84 48m48 minutes ago

Law & Order got me up until 6:00 AM

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 2h2 hours ago

Need to Know: Why did the #Redskins hire Joe Barry? http://wp.me/pAil9-3xq  #RedskinsTalk

Niles Paul @Niles_Paul84 4h4 hours ago

Law & Order has to be the most addicting show on TV

Good points, but for me I don't see how any of this discredits my position on the matter (individual talent vs. collective/cohesive talent) that I posted on in this thread here.

I think the overall point is made here. Some good moves were made to change those defense's for the most part. It wasn't just a coaching change that made the difference, though what Wade did with the Texans was really something. But JJ Watt is also THAT good.

This took forever so I didn't feel like looking at Crennel's info... if anyone would like to take a stab at it, that'd be nice. I think it's pretty interesting stuff, though.

I was sure not trying to discredit anyone here, just sharing a few minutes of research I did for another thread, by request.

I personally believe talent trumps coaching, and yet good coaching is critical to help the player reach their potential.  That includes scheme as well as fundamental work.

I'm glad you dug out some of the talent additions, I was too lazy to take it that far.

JJ Watt is a beast, but to attribute that 2011 turn around to a rookie with 48 solo tackles and 5.5 sacks may be an overstatement.

HumbleSkins retweeted

—It’s been 26 days since the Redskins played a game. Days until: NFL Combine 27; NFL free agency starts 46; 2015 NFL Draft 97

Technical Sergeant Chris Saenz shows off his #Redskins-themed F16 Pilot Helmet. READ | http://oak.ctx.ly/r/2d8jx 

B8COF5lCcAI4B3J.jpg

Jansen played all 16 games in 2003 at RT Holsey was on the roster but I don't remember him starting ....

You're right, seems like it was an error over at Pro-football-reference.com. No idea why they list him as starting RT when he was a DT.

Anyway, I don't remember exactly but was that line so hated like you're saying? I believe Randy Thomas was voted to the Pro Bowl and it seemed like the right side with him and Jansen was considered strong.

I don't remember any hate directed at Samuels, either. Maybe the Moore and Dockery interior was an issue.

I just remember that Spurrier simply refused to leave extra guys in to block and would send everyone out on routes no matter how many were blitzing. Though I could be recalling it wrong. I only watched the games at the time and my information was based on the commentary mainly.

So, to your point, coaching certainly mattered more than anything else there but it was a pretty rare issue (in terms of coaching incompetence) and that Oline still had success even with that.

I was sure not trying to discredit anyone here, just sharing a few minutes of research I did for another thread, by request.

I personally believe talent trumps coaching, and yet good coaching is critical to help the player reach their potential. That includes scheme as well as fundamental work.

I'm glad you dug out some of the talent additions, I was too lazy to take it that far.

JJ Watt is a beast, but to attribute that 2011 turn around to a rookie with 48 solo tackles and 5.5 sacks may be an overstatement.

No worries, I was just speaking from my perspective more than insinuating anything about your post.

I think it's an interesting topic and looking at things case by case can help us arrive at a better understanding.

Though I'm certain a good group of talent assembled would make almost any coach look good and a bad group would likewise make most coaches look bad, I'm open to changing that thought process if provided the evidence.

I just remember that Spurrier simply refused to leave extra guys in to block and would send everyone out on routes no matter how many were blitzing. Though I could be recalling it wrong. I only watched the games at the time and my information was based on the commentary mainly.

This is bringing back painful memories. The problem with Spurriers offense was it was based on getting 4 or 5 receivers into the pattern and it did not have any hot reads or blitz adjustments built into routes. Spurrier with Ramsey started off really hot - Ramsey led the whole league in passing yardage after 3 or 4 games - but then DCs started breaking down the film and noticed the elephant in the room.

We started seeing a lot of pressure packages and Spurrier either refused or was unable to adjust - did not start using max protect and did not introduce hot reads. He just about got Ramsey killed and ruined someone who IMO could have made a pretty good NFL QB.

Backup plan if we miss Shelton or go Ray/Gregory/Williams?

6th best DT on Scout, Inc. (53 overall), 8th best DT on CBS/NFLDraftScout (81 overall).

I would not mind going OLB (Ray), then NT/FS or FS/NT.

I wonder if we try and convert Murphy to DE in that case.  I know, I know, converting always sounds better in theory than in practice, but he's at 260 right now.  15-20 pounds more and he's at the low end of the 3-4 DE weight, could work well in 1-gap attacking defense if he uses his moveset from college to get around bigger slower guards and tackles.

Interesting thing about Murphy is that he seems to do better inside.

I trust Mayock over Kiper.  Kiper though sees it differently, I can't post the link because its insider ESPN access stuff but he said Collins is worthy of a top 10 pick and is in the class of Earl Thomas.   Personally, though no way I'd touch a SS at #5.    Laron Landry Part 2?

The thing is, when someone is labeled a SS, it is pretty much telling me that the player can't cover receivers.  To me, that isn't worth a top 10 pick.

While I know it's been a particular problem for a few months, it was going over the threads this a.m. that I had a memory from the days of the Old Guard. I realized that if we started banning for strawmen, we'd cut 50% of the stupid out in days. But there would be a lot of collateral damage of the simply lazy, too.   :P

Here's how that used to look when they did it (and there were versions for things other than "strawmen"):

Poster posts: "Well, I just think the people who say the o-line isn't part of our QB problems are...blah blah"...

Mod posts: "Your next post on this site will be a quote of someone saying exactly that or something so close that there's no argument it was said."

If their next post was to argue the directive instead of comply, they'd be banned by rule. Otherwise, when they couldn't find a quote (because no one said the stupid strawman the poster used) they'd usually come up with something as close as they could, but it would inevitably be an obvious fail and they'd get a week vacation. Life was hard back then.   :D

It reminds me of another (technical/engineering/science oriented) forum I visit that's related to my first career. There, if you post anything that's an opinion but you state it as fact, the moderators will ask you to provide solid empirical evidence (knowing you can't because they are all smart enough to know the diff), and if you can't, you're sanctioned. If we did that here it would be a ghost town.   :lol:

Just some early morning zoony bin trivia.   :)

While I know it's been a particular problem for a few months, it was going over the threads this a.m. that I had a memory from the days of the Old Guard. I realized that if we started banning for strawmen, we'd cut 50% of the stupid out in days. But there would be a lot of collateral damage of the simply lazy, too.  

That is hilarious ... it would be a bloodbath around here.  I wonder how often I do that ... hopefully not a lot. 

Didn't mods use to do a herd culling exercise every once in awhile?? 

I always say, ES is like well run HOA, and I love it.  Going to other message boards is like driving through the slums. Put your trash cans on the curb too early around these parts  and that's your ass! 

Whoops, BSPN made a boo boo

disclaimer - this is a screen shot of the tweet. You cannot click on the links. So try again ;)

That's so funny.

He was sitting at the ESPN office doing some ''pre-underwear olympics (NFL combine) research''. News came in, he had to tweet fast to be the first...copy paste his webpage. 

We should share some of the comments on twitter about it. It's so much fun XD

These recruiting videos have really changed since my Stanford days. Thanks to ESPN's Gerry Hamilton for the link!

Props to Gerry Hamilton for his copy paste link skills. Wonder what he'll post about the top tight end… http://instagram.com/p/yLX7pbhyBS/ 

@HamiltonESPN I feel ya man. It's hard to recheck the link with jizz covering the address bar

@HamiltonESPN did the previously link have his speedbang time? Gonna need those stats and measurables playa

@HamiltonESPN who else is here cuz you're looking for a link that leads to amazing things?

@HamiltonESPN could you retweet that link from earlier? Heard it's a great one! #GigEm

That is hilarious ... it would be a bloodbath around here.  I wonder how often I do that ... hopefully not a lot. 

Didn't mods use to do a herd culling exercise every once in awhile?? 

I always say, ES is like well run HOA, and I love it.  Going to other message boards is like driving through the slums. Put your trash cans on the curb too early around these parts  and that's your ass! 

Oh yes on the culling. And various forms of "suicide by mod" threads. And that's all still in the inventory, but (speaking just for me here) such is used sparingly and always by rule these days. Old Days, some of the mod staff was more....creative in application.

As someone who had a major hand in the wording of our rules as they appear today, I think the rules (nothing is ever perfect) allow staff to fully meet our needs. I chose to do everything I do within the same rules members are to abide by, though such is not required. The rest of the current staff has long been the same, remaining within the same rules.

That's so funny.

He was sitting at the ESPN office doing some ''pre-underwear olympics (NFL combine) research''. News came in, he had to tweet fast to be the first...copy paste his webpage. 

We should share some of the comments on twitter about it. It's so much fun XD

ESPN analyst Gerry Hamilton with the worst copy and paste fail EVER!

Hey, @HamiltonESPN I feel for you, man. A real life nightmare on par with showing up to school with no pants on.

These recruiting videos have really changed since my Stanford days. Thanks to ESPN's Gerry Hamilton for the link!

Hands down the greatest copy/paste fail of all time. Well done @HamiltonESPN @ESPN

Surprised @HamiltonESPN didn't use the hashtag #GagEm instead.

Wonder what raised the blood pressure of @AggieFootball fans more: Kyler Murray's photo, or that original Gerry Hamilton tweet?

You earned a follow today sir @HamiltonESPN

Homesick Texan ‏@DislocatedTXn  Jan 21

@HamiltonESPN Solid selection dude, although #Gagem seems more appropriate. Lesson: This is why you have a work iPad and a travel iPad

avRQqYKT_reasonably_small.jpeg
TWEETS FOLLOWING FOLLOWERS 13.4K 3,875 15K
User Actions
 Follow
Gerry HamiltonVerified account@HamiltonESPN

ESPN National Recruiting Analyst, NESC, father of an awesome 8 year old, Golf Channel nut, Basset owner

Lake Norman

wdUSg4_n_normal.jpeg

Followed by Caden McCloughan.

Archived