Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2014 Redskins at 49ers

Spaceman Spiff

Defense played a decent game.  But it ended pretty much like you would expect from a team that is 3 and 16 over the last 19. Penalty, Penalty, incomplete pass, quarterback scramble, sack fumble.  Pretty much sums up this team regardless of who the coach is.  4 of the sacks today were on 3rd and long.

thats bad. but wanna know whats worse? 6-21 since 2012.

Three high draft picks for a broken QB who can't see receivers ten yards down the field or deliver an accurate ball but 1 out of 5 throws.. The ground see's the ball more than our WR's..  

I'm done w/ our former "franchise" QB..  Let this team have a chance to win with one of our backups.

I realize it's a longshot, but there's not reason to not take it. The season has been over for at least a month.

Sad but pretty much true, and if they hadn't started him after Dallas, they would have been crushed with, " Redskins bench healthy Griffin ", " Not Giving Griffin the Chance to Prove Himself ", etc.

Although it's even more clear in hindsight, that staying with McCoy would have at least given us a chance to do something with the season, although it would have created even more drama.

When a free rusher is coming at the QB, they can't throw through the guy. That is why you see all those weird side arm balls into the dirt. Robert is getting rid of it. No difference in that and sailing it out of bounds, but for some reason the way he does it rubs people the wrong way.

Dude enough excuses. He's failing the eye test, he's failing the stats test, he's failing the wins test, Cooley and other football minds are pointing out his BASIC failures each week. Are you really justifying the manner in which he throws the ball away as a way to defend him??

I used to complain about how Tebow kept getting chance after chance, start after start after being OBVIOUSLY bad. Like, other qbs wouldn't get so many chances. Same applies to Robert now. He is not playing well enough to start, period.

RG3 would never start for Chip Kelly. Chip likes smart QBs who can quickly make decisions. RG3 is worse than what Vick was for Chip last year and Chip benched Vick.

The only chance for RG3 to succeed would be to go 100% read option with some wishbone/triple option stuff. Basically run a pure college offense, Georgia Tech style. Or what the Broncos did with Tebow a couple years back.

maybe he'll pull it out when linemen aren't on him every time he snaps the ball to shove it up there

You need to realize something: Our OLIne is "average", not terrible. Have you ever asked yourself why our OLine always looks like garbage when RG3 is behind center, and suddenly they're refreshingly effective when RG3 is out? 

Granted, today was rougher than the last two due to Trent being out. 

It mystifies me that some still make excuses and blame everyone else but RG.  Yes the OL is bad.  Yes there is little talent out there.  But can't you seriously see how poorly he's playing?

I just don't get it.

I truly wanted the guy to succeed and be here for 15 years.  But it's NOT....GONNA.....HAPPEN.  He's a bust like so many other great college QB's.  Ware, Klingler, Russell, etc.

It mystifies me that some still make excuses and blame everyone else but RG.  Yes the OL is bad.  Yes there is little talent out there.  But can't you seriously see how poorly he's playing?

I just don't get it.

I truly wanted the guy to succeed and be here for 15 years.  But it's NOT....GONNA.....HAPPEN.  He's a bust like so many other great college QB's.  Ware, Klingler, Russell, etc.

Were you here for Jason Campbell?

I'm confident RG3 was the only QB on the roster would would have thrown for 106 yards today.  Kirk may have thrown picks, Colt possibly too, but there were receivers open and RG3 simply wasn't moving the offense.

The line is bad, but not bad enough to excuse that performance.

RG3 would never start for Chip Kelly. Chip likes smart QBs who can quickly make decisions. RG3 is worse than what Vick was for Chip last year and Chip benched Vick.

The only chance for RG3 to succeed would be to go 100% read option with some wishbone/triple option stuff. Basically run a pure college offense, Georgia Tech style. Or what the Broncos did with Tebow a couple years back.

Agreed.  I tend to blame our entire front office/franchise for this debacle and of course the Shannys.  RGIII was not even close to being ready to play in the NFL.  Instead of developing him and giving him a shot at turning into a franchise QB, we went for the quick fix as always, and surprise, surprise, it has set us back at least another decade.

And I just have to add this: playing Perry Riley on D is like playing with 10 men.  That guy is total trash on D.

When a free rusher is coming at the QB, they can't throw through the guy.  That is why you see all those weird side arm balls into the dirt. Robert is getting rid of it.  No difference in that and sailing it out of bounds, but for some reason the way he does it rubs people the wrong way.   

Shouldn't Robert be calling the blitzer?

So their defense isn't good?

Sure. It's good.

It isn't the 85 bears and our offensive ineptitude made them look better than they are.

We have enough talent at skill positions to attack them, actually got something going in the running game, and yet had 36 passing yards towards the end of the third quarter.

And while it might be some on coaching, but it looked to me like Gruden doesn't have any concept of what Griffin does well. And at this point, I'm going to say that's more on Griffin not being good than on Gruden.

Archived