Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2014 Redskins at 49ers

Spaceman Spiff

What most people don't understand is that sacks are just as much the fault of the QB as they are on the OL, sometimes more so.

It isn't just the sacks though. Just watch RG3 in the pocket. He has no idea how to move within the pocket. He can't take that slight step to the side to avoid a guy or to buy that extra second to deliver a strike. Watching his feet when he was "stepping up" was painful, looking so forced and robotic. He has NO CLUE how to play NFL QB. None. He's essentially Tim Tebow except he can throw a spiral. He doesn't look at all like an NFL QB. He looks like a really good athlete who happens to have a strong arm trying to play QB. He looks downright pathetic. I don't think there are 3 QBs in the league that are worse than he is.

No, the OL isn't great, but you're kidding yourself if you think the best QBs all have 8 seconds to throw everytime. The Eagles have had multiple starting OL hurt and are still putting up 40 spots. Aaron Rodgers has pretty much never had better than an average OL. Ditto Ben Roethlisberger.

Reading some of the comments here makes me realize just how pathetic many of you are and obviously clueless to how football works. You just take what other people say and regurgitate it to make it sound like you have a clue. And really it does sound like a lot of you would much prefer to see RG3 fail than see him succeed.

I'm done with this board. Ill stick with my team and the players on it through and through. Many of you just make me sad at the amount of entitlement you feel you are allowed.

Later quitters

You're leaving the board, but we're the quitters?

Gruden isn't the right coach for RG3 / RG3 isn't the right QB for Gruden. Had Shanny sat Griffin for the Seattle playoff game, his career might still be in tact. Not saying Griffin deserves a free pass, but I really think the injury ruined him.

It doesn't matter what we think.  Only thing matter is what Dan thinks.

Has Dan come to the conclusion that Griffin is one of the biggest busts of all time?  Or does it believe, Griffin can still be an NFL GB and blame it all on Gruden?

We will find out soon enough.

Dont believe Snyders ego will allow him to make the correct call. Get ready for a 5 year 120 million dollar extension for RG3 and a new head coach to deflect blame onto. 

Final stats for RG3: 11/19 for 109 yards, no TDs, no INTS, five* sacks, one fumble lost.  Four rushes for 11 yards.

Again, probably the worst QB performance I've ever seen that didn't involve INTs or a sub-50% completion percentage.  Colt would have won this game, no question.

*Plus another sack wiped out by a roughing the passer penalty.

then move to the reality where Colt started

Why would we start anyone but Robert for the rest of the season? The season is "over" Neither Kirk or Colt can change that now. You still need to see what value Robert has and a meaningless season is probably the best way to do it because they can pretty much lose games without "consequence" now.

Now 2015, he is still under contract, so if the coaches truly believe this is a playoff team if they get good QB play, fine, make it an open competition in training camp.

What team beat suits Robert's talent is where I would trade him now. It may be in the division with the Eagles and that's fine but we need to move on.

Considering how banged up the team is, and that the Skins had to travel out to San Francisco to face a playoff caliber team regarding this game as a "must-win" -- this was a very competitive effort by the Skins.

Gruden has the team playing hard, and frankly the defense played a whale of a game!

It's easy to be hyper-critical, but I think the team played their hearts out on this one. As I said in a post before the Tampa game, Griffin is going to find it increasingly difficult to showcase his talents as the increasingly thinner O-line has to face tougher defensive front sevens. But it looks like the running game is starting to click, so that might help the passing game.

I don't think you can drive in the HOV lane anymore. You're pretty much alone now.

I think the OLine had a major hand in breaking him.

The end of last season probably left a major impact.  24 sacks in 4 games would leave a negative impact on anyone.  Mix in some injuries, Chester still being RG this year, and his mind is likely shot.

I'm not giving him excuses, failures are failures, but RGIII failing is as much a failure of this team as it is a failure of him.

Hey bruh, you're so full of **** your breath stinks.

So after well into the double digit QBs we've had over the past 20 years, it's just our QBs?

If you think it's all about drafting the right QB, then you have no idea what you're talking about, and are actively perpetuating the train of losing we've had for the past 20 years.

We had a chance, I suspect, to fix it this time around, but our FO focused heavily on skill positions over the OLine, and this is the result.

It's not my breath that stinks, it's our team building concepts.

When a free rusher is coming at the QB, they can't throw through the guy.  That is why you see all those weird side arm balls into the dirt. Robert is getting rid of it.  No difference in that and sailing it out of bounds, but for some reason the way he does it rubs people the wrong way.   

Defense played a decent game.  But it ended pretty much like you would expect from a team that is 3 and 16 over the last 19. Penalty, Penalty, incomplete pass, quarterback scramble, sack fumble.  Pretty much sums up this team regardless of who the coach is.  4 of the sacks today were on 3rd and long.

All you need to know about RG3 (besides being able to use your eyes and elementary level football knowledge) is this:

3 turnovers, 3 points. 

No turnovers for us today (unless I'm forgetting something).

Do you know how hard it is in the NFL to lose a game when you have a turnover ratio like that? 

I see no improvement this week whatsoever. We EASILY win that game with even a competent QB. 

This.  Absolutely dead on.  He's costing us games now.  Question is, does it matter?  If there is a chance he can develop, we need to see it, although I just don't think it's going to happen in season.  He's making the same critical, awful mistakes week after week.  Can't read a defense to save his life.

Considering how banged up the team is, and that the Skins had to travel out to San Francisco to face a playoff caliber team regarding this game as a "must-win" -- this was a very competitive effort by the Skins.

Gruden has the team playing hard, and frankly the defense played a whale of a game!

It's easy to be hyper-critical, but I think the team played their hearts out on this one. As I said in a post before the Tampa game, Griffin is going to find it increasingly difficult to showcase his talents as the increasingly thinner O-line has to face tougher defensive front sevens. But it looks like the running game is starting to click, so that might help the passing game.

Nonsense.  D played well, and Morris ran well.  Griffin is still completely lost in the passing game.

Archived