Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2014 Redskins at 49ers

Spaceman Spiff

Cousins is ****ing 1-7 as a starter. He sucks too. Colt McCoy isn't going to make this better either. This is the same team that has sucked for twenty years. Only the names have changed.

You do realize that before today RG3 opponents were 9-18, and Cousins were 21-9.  Cousins has faced some really good teams and still put up great numbers, IN 10 GAMES AS A PRO.

You need to realize something: Our OLIne is "average", not terrible. Have you ever asked yourself why our OLine always looks like garbage when RG3 is behind center, and suddenly they're refreshingly effective when RG3 is out? 

Granted, today was rougher than the last two due to Trent being out. 

No. This O-line is nowhere near "average."  I have been watching this team and the NFL since the mid-sixties. It's one of the worst NFL O-lines I have ever seen.

Watching Cousins throwing 4 picks while scoring 30 points was far more entertaining than watching bob hold the ball to long, throw dirt balls, and generally be inept. If the team is going to lose, the least that can happen is we fans get a good show. Games RG3 starts are pretty much unwatchable. The guy in like 0-20 on his last 20 starts. Usually the game is over by the second quarter when he is in. There is simply no future in playing a losing QB that gives you no chance to win, and is a world class self promoter.

The best part of Griffin being benched is that the four or five people still doing this won't have to keep performing mental gymnastics to excuse his bad play.

Nah, the best part will be seeing the majority of the board melt down when they see that the backups won't do anything except increase both teams scores.

Ask yourself this.  All things being the same (+3 Turn overs with decent Defense play and great running day by Morris) If we had one of the top QBs in the league today would this team have gotten a win?  Ok thats to easy.  How about middle tier QBs?  Id say Yes for sure.  How about other bottom tier QBs?  Id say better than 50-50  How about Colt?  I say yes.  

I am not hating on RG but this isn't working… He is a broke QB and seems to struggle with basic QB play (with the exception of 2 or 3 decent passes)  106 pass yards???  With that many opportunities?  Its amazing.  Griff is struggling at best with BASIC QB play.  Again not hating here, calling out the obvious - we can't win with this guy and it sucks based on what was given up for him and for how promising he once looked.

RG3 would never start for Chip Kelly. Chip likes smart QBs who can quickly make decisions. RG3 is worse than what Vick was for Chip last year and Chip benched Vick.

The only chance for RG3 to succeed would be to go 100% read option with some wishbone/triple option stuff. Basically run a pure college offense, Georgia Tech style. Or what the Broncos did with Tebow a couple years back.

Very true. Not trying to rub salt in any wound...I'm just agreeing with a very, very true statement.

Four high draft picks.

we got one back to use on him.

Of course if you're saying we got no return, well for people who have no faith in the front office, why care who we draft?  There will be no success.

It's the equivalent of the old joke: 

Diner 1:  Ugh, the food here is terrible!

Diner 2.  Yes, and such small portions!

Im glad we can agree. Lets not deny the obvious along the way to making whatever your grand point is.

They're good defensively.

The run game was good.

The pass game stunk.

Not sure there is a grand point. QB stunk, play calling stunk, OL pass blocking stunk.

I will grant you, not sure why Aldon Smith was allowed to be 1-1 with Moses ever. Like I didn't understand matching Watt up on Paulsen 1-1.

That was some bad schematics there.

The o-line played pretty good today and certainly gave us a chance to win. Morris had some craters to run through and had his best game this year. As poster Warhead36 correctly pointed out, pass blocking has got to be in unison with the QB. Griffin holds the ball too long, gets happy feet, locks in on his first read, throws off rhythm etc. He does nothing remotely close back there to what a real N.F.L. QB does and this makes pass protection for an o-line very difficult.

We are trying to play big boy N.F.L. football with an option type high school/college QB. "One Read Rob" is bad and is getting worse by the week. We need to unload this bust and move on. Bring in a free agent or trade for a journeyman QB in the offseason that can run Gruden's system the way it's supposed to be run and let him compete with McCoy and/or Cousins. The o-line isn't as bad as most on here make it out to be, they just need a true N.F.L QB back there that has a clue how to play the position to be at their best.

Good effort by the D and Morris. There was a lot of pressure on Griffin, and good coverage on a lot of plays, but still some missed opportunities. We were facing the same D which blanked Philly earlier, but 106 passing yards still sucks. I'm still willing to give Griff until the end of the year, but things aren't looking good now.

This was a completely winnable game.  an average team with an average qb would win this game.

The Redskins are not average, an average team with 3 TO's wins this game without doing much else. Average is insulted right now. 

An average team would not let a rookie LT on third and long go without a back to chip an Aldon Smith. 

@michaelpRTD: Santana Moss was getting coached on the sideline - would have been the next CB in.” This would've made me so happy

Archived