Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2014 Redskins at 49ers

Spaceman Spiff

I kinda think RG3 played less incompetent today.  Still not good enough to be on an NFL roster.. but better.  Not sure why some are trying to create drama by shifting blame to Jay... Harbaugh may have implied Jay can't coach a QB?

People keep making reference to this, I don't get it, what did he say?  Maybe he's lobbying for the skins job after they fire him in SF (although, I'm not sure who in their right mind would want to come here).

I know.  Fact is no one was getting into this game besides RG3.  Gruden wanted all of his flaws on dsiplay for all to see to the bitter end. Could be his best coaching move all year.

I don't buy the theory, but let's pretend that it's true.  I also think that maybe Gruden is showing everyone that Kirk isn't the answer either. 

He was coddled, and they built an offense around his strengths instead of trying to improve his all around game and have him learn the nuances of the position at this level.  We went for the quick fix again, and it has ruined Subway Bob and set us back a decade.

he managed deep scores to a hobbled Garcon and to Aldrick he had plenty of throws and a lot fewer INTs than most rookies.  He was allowed to run, but that opened him up to hits.  I find it hard to call that coddled

you know, I hope Griffin gets into a rhythm and starts scoring.

But when we're not winning I'd rather a 17-13 loss with a lot of punts, sitting on my hands in frustration than 35-31 loss with a lot of turnovers or the D rolling over  and basically jumping up yelling YES! then sitting down screaming NO! over and over

Now you're giving Griffin credit for the defense holding SF to 17? You my friend, are a god.

you know, I hope Griffin gets into a rhythm and starts scoring.

But when we're not winning I'd rather a 17-13 loss with a lot of punts, sitting on my hands in frustration than 35-31 loss with a lot of turnovers or the D rolling over and basically jumping up yelling YES! then sitting down screaming NO! over and over

Notice there was no answer to either question. I wonder why that was

Well .. I'm signing off of this train wreck for a week (going to try anyway). It is affecting my health -- mental and physical -- to read the bipolar outbursts on here. I was hoping for a win just to stop the insanity. Insanity shall ensue ..

Try and not hurt each other, kids.

OUT!

I see many saying RG is broken. I'm just curious, do you think his injury has prevented a full comeback, or that he was over-rated from the beginning? Personally, I cannot decide, but I hate it's happening. Thanks!

I say both.  His rookie year we had some luck on our side.  We went on an amazing run needing to win the last game of the season to even make it to the playoffs.  It was a ton of fun and I still remember the year fondly.  Our offense was strong and the league didn't know how to stop our offense yet.  

I think RG in that 2012 year made better decisions and had his athleticism to help him out of trouble.  I don't see that same ability now.. that same quick ability to avoid the rush.  He really looks more like an older vet in my mind when it comes to moving in the pocket.  He has also lost some of his football IQ IMO so I have to assume we all overrated his abilities some.  I think the injuries have taken a bigger toll on him than we had hoped and based on the hits he is taking its only a matter of time before he is going back under the knife.

I seriously stopped reading after this sentence.  What game did you watch? Because it surely wasn't the Redskins versus 49ers.

Not surprising. Another guy that sees a sack and it was automatically the o-lines fault...everytime.  None of the sacks today had anything to do with "One Read Rob" holding the ball too long, dancing out of the pocket, not seeing the field, throwing out of rhythm...no, of course not. I wish that some of us could actually sit in a room with the coaches and players and watch the coaches game film to really see how many sacks Griffin brings on himself as opposed to what you think. And just for the record, I positively watched the Redskin- 49er game today and wished I could've watched with you. Sounds like you're another guy that has it all figured out and only your distorted opinion matters.

Not sure why the defense gets a pass. I do agree they had a good game as a unit, but they become swiss cheese with the game on the line, like we have often seen in the past.

Let me put it like this, why should the defense be expected to do anything less than a QB on the other side of the ball, when the game is on the line in the 4th quarter?

As mediocre as the offense was today, it was 13-10 with what 6 minutes left?  One final stand, and maybe we win or maybe we go to OT tied, but make no mistake about it the defense did look pretty awful on that drive, giving up a score pretty quickly.

yeah they never come through when it matters even when they have an overall decent game. I have no faith that the D is secured with Haslett as the DC. 

RG3 throw at my ankles, I got it.

Seemed like over 3/4 of the sacks were on Robert today. Idk why he's holding onto the ball for so long but it's very frustrating. That last sack yea moses looked absolutely like a joke on.

Just don't understand how the offense got so bad so quick. It really is disappointing.

Only explanation now is its on purpose.

People keep making reference to this, I don't get it, what did he say?  Maybe he's lobbying for the skins job after they fire him in SF (although, I'm not sure who in their right mind would want to come here).

I didn't see the Harbaugh presser.  But seriously who cares what he thinks.  Jay can't coach basic QB fundamentals?  Jay is at least a competent offensive coordinatior.  RG3 can't function as a NFL.  He is so raw, and his confidence is completely destroyed.  Shanny's and injury stunted his development, and probably to an extent his own ego.  He probably never realized the extent of development that would be required. 

Seemed like over 3/4 of the sacks were on Robert today. Idk why he's holding onto the ball for so long but it's very frustrating. That last sack yea moses looked absolutely like a joke on.

Just don't understand how the offense got so bad so quick. It really is disappointing.

blindside sacks are his fault.

I didn't see the Harbaugh presser.  But seriously who cares what he thinks.  Jay can't coach basic QB fundamentals?  Jay is at least a competent offensive coordinatior.  RG3 can't function as a NFL.  He is so raw, and his confidence is completely destroyed.  Shanny's and injury stunted his development, and probably to an extent his own ego.  He probably never realized the extent of development that would be required. 

A competent OC on third and long with game on the line and a rookie LT, at the min. chips that pass rusher from that side. Was that done on purpose and Jay let RG3 get buried. IDK. But seriously you don't do that. 

Archived