Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2014 Redskins at 49ers

Spaceman Spiff

Because, INDEPENDENT of the OL, Griffin sucks.

I've defended RG3 for quite a while now but it is obvious that he is continuing to regress. It is painful to watch, seeing as how we all had so much hope after 2012. Maybe he just never really got over that second knee injury mentally, I have no clue. He is hesitant, his mechanics are sloppy, he panics, he doesn't seem to see the whole field, especially when he is pressured, and he isn't anticipating guys getting open. It just doesn't look good for him at this point.

That being said, the OL does SUCK as well, so that certainly isn't doing him or the team any favors and probably contributes somewhat to him focusing so much on pressure and getting happy feet. This entire team is just a mess. Defense is Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (played well enough today but is so two faced its almost scary), special teams is...well..."special" outside of our punter who is currently our MVP, OL is atrocious and we'd save more money if we cut most of them and just put tackling dummies out there. I have no clue how the coaching is because we haven't seen the playbook run all that well. Probably some crappy calls but I remember the other thread in here recently about RG3 missing open guys and there were some damning pictures of WRs getting crazy open and him just not seeing or anticipating them.

In conclusion: ****

I wouldn't say Cousins is good, but I would say that he can score points and gain yards better than RG3. He can also throw picks better.

DOn't bother with them.  Cousins is essentially a rookie on a 30td 4000K pace, but all people here know is his picks.  He is the true pro on the roster.  Shame it will be somewhere else.

Happy to see "honest gruden" indicating the problems in the passing game today wasn't all Robert and they as play callers did a poor job in setting them up not to be in 3rd and longs.

Some of the playcalling, especially in the first half, was just nonsensical. Not blaming it all on Gruden, Sean, Robert, or anyone in particular. This offense is a mess! A lot of the meltdown however, sits squarely on the suckiness of our O-line.

Maybe the passing scheme sucks. Ever think of that? Slow ass west coast crap. Lesser Gruden thinks he's still in arena league.

This team isn't built for that scheme.

Looked pretty good with every other QB in the game except Subway Bob.  Check the stats, prior to Subway starting, we were leading the league in yards per pass attempt, so get a clue.

Why the hell as a coach would you leave Moses Malone 1 on 1 against Justin Smith with the game on the line?  Justin Smith is an ALL PRO, dude can beat fellow pro-bowlers on his way to the QB, but a rookie is going to stop him? My gawd.

Yeah, B Mitch was saying the same thing.

Gruden's post game interviews are just depressing. I have no faith in him at all.

Anyone who thinks Tom Brady's O-line isn't a big part of his success, I just don't know what to say.  Do you see how different he looks as a QB when he gets pressure in his face or are you watching ESPN and only seeing the 3-4 big plays a game.

You can't just take a stop watch and determine "3-4 seconds, he had 3-4 seconds, seeeeeee"  It doesn't work that way.  You can have 3-4 seconds before being sacked, but it doesn't mean there is a clean pocket that hasn't been pushed backwards.  It doesn't mean you aren't already flushed in one direction or another because the pocket has collapsed on you.

Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, when they are firing on all cylinders it is because they drop back and there isn't a danger of a Center being shoved into them, or a guard whiffing on a block, or a running back not recognizing which blocking assignment he should take on. I suppose comparing Robert to any of these guys is asinine to begin with, but I only did it because I have seen some folks actually try to say Brady would be successful behind this O-line.

3-4 seconds of time is not an across the board measurement.  You have to review game film and see what is taking place during that time.  I have no doubt that Robert misses plays, I am sure of it. He is a young QB still learning, of course he is going to do it.  But guess what, so do a lot of QB's, every single week.  I can almost guarantee you that just like holding, there is probably somebody wide open on every play, but those plays don't get made because somewhere in the sequence of events after the snap something goes wrong. Sometimes it is on Robert, sometimes it isn't.

Bottom line is that this team is too poor where it counts to blame a single player on it's woes.  

DOn't bother with them. Cousins is essentially a rookie on a 30td 4000K pace, but all people here know is his picks. He is the true pro on the roster. Shame it will be somewhere else.

Cousins is ****ing 1-7 as a starter. He sucks too. Colt McCoy isn't going to make this better either. This is the same team that has sucked for twenty years. Only the names have changed.

When a free rusher is coming at the QB, they can't throw through the guy.  That is why you see all those weird side arm balls into the dirt. Robert is getting rid of it.  No difference in that and sailing it out of bounds, but for some reason the way he does it rubs people the wrong way.   

I think people expect him to throw over the rusher, never mind that we've seen Ryan Kerrigan take that ball for an INT.  When RG3 pulls the ball back because a rusher is jumping and he gets sacked that's OBVIOUSLY on him despite the fact that other QBs, like Colin Kaepernick when Kerrigan jumped and that led to Jason Hatcher getting a sack

Why the hell as a coach would you leave Moses Malone 1 on 1 against Justin Smith with the game on the line?  Justin Smith is an ALL PRO, dude can beat fellow pro-bowlers on his way to the QB, but a rookie is going to stop him? My gawd.

I would leave Moses Malone 1 on 1 against anybody.  Dude was a baaaaad ***, but he played basketball.

Archived