Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How can we assist in the removal of the current DC?

SB17

You guys kill me with the Wade Phillips stuff. His son is on Haz's staff. Wade is at nearly every game in Redskins gear. You think he hasn't been offering his opinion on this horrible defense? 

Ok, so what do YOU suggest? I don't see how anyone can take Haslett's side after todays debacle, Helen Keller could have called a better game.

The sad thing is that with the defensive performance last week against Dallas, Haslett probably won himself another year.  Cause thats the type of **** that gets Snyder pumped up.  The Dallas win probably saved his ass.

There needs to be some accountability on the defensive side of the ball.  Everyone talks about Raheem Morris as Haslett's replacement but what has he done?

I agree.  The Redskins were just outsmarted, outcoached, and outplayed by a pathetic team with a rookie QB.  No pressure.  No blitzes. Just as I expected from Jim Haslett after the Dallas game.  Horrible defensive game called.

Yessirreebob!  You just KNEW that as good as Haz called a game last week (ONE single, solitary, frickin' game!), he would return to form and give us the same ol' crap defense we have come to know. All too well. I know *I* had my suspicion this week!

You guys kill me with the Wade Phillips stuff. His son is on Haz's staff. Wade is at nearly every game in Redskins gear. You think he hasn't been offering his opinion on this horrible defense? 

A Tight End coach is on the defensive coordinators staff? really? thats an interesting role for a tight end coach...

First off we are not obligated to cheer for this team and second, if anyone around this organization knew **** about the game of American football, our combined record in the last 20 years wouldn't be 136-183.

You forgot the TIE.

We tied the Giants back in the middle of the Norv debacle.

I understand your point, and you may be close to the situation. But, is Haslett really using these suggestions or is he still doing it his way. I just don't see much difference in the play calling from the previous years. We are seeing the same exact mistakes.

I am on the Rex Ryan bandwagon, but you can't fire Has until a minute after the conclusion of the last game.

A minute gives you time to notify all the appropriate people.

I'd just fire him now and give Raheem Morris a shot with the final 7 games.

But I've been off the Haslett bandwagon since the day Shanahan hired him and I posted his defensive history. Still can't believe that dude was ever the best option.

The sad thing is that with the defensive performance last week against Dallas, Haslett probably won himself another year.  Cause thats the type of **** that gets Snyder pumped up.  The Dallas win probably saved his ass.

This is what has me worried and why I feel we must somehow deliver some "noise" to Dan Snyder.  If a petition could be signed and delivered, I would gladly like to know what I could do to help.

As a fan since birth (I'm almost 50), I can no longer accept that the people who are responsible for losing continue to have their jobs with this organization.  My fan card has been stomped, mutilated, shredded, and destroyed by this ineptitude.

It's sad that I look to the glory days of 30 years ago to keep my faith in this team alive.  My children, while they have been raised as fans, don't see much hope for this team.  Soon, Dan Snyder will have no fan base.

But Spags hasn't exactly been lighting things up lately. I would have agreed with you about 4 years or so ago, but he seems to have fallen quite far since then.

Yeah sorry. I meant my guy Spanos. Multitasking at work & autocorrect don't always work the way they should.

There needs to be some accountability on the defensive side of the ball.  Everyone talks about Raheem Morris as Haslett's replacement but what has he done?

I have nothing against Raheem, but our D-backs have been so inconsistent during his tenure. If we jettison Haz -- as we should -- then I would prefer a clean sweep. The only way I would be okay with replacing Haz but keeping the rest is if we do it during the BYE. The ONE common denominator to our failure to succeed (in addition to not drafting O-line in early rounds, so I guess it's among the top two reasons) the last few years is Hazmat! Time to move on ..

Umm...the victory over Dallas will be a distant memory if performances like today end up being the norm.

And lets be honest, the game against Dallas was won because Romo in general is cluseless against the all out blitz, he immediately panics and tries to spin out of danger. 

The reason so many weird things happen against division opponents is because they are very familiar with each other.  They are often trying to out-smart each other because they are so well scouted due to playing them twice a season, every season. A lot of things that apply to those games, don't apply to non-division opponents.

why do people blame Haslett? The team traded 3 #1s, a 2 and waisted a 4 on Cousins. Of course the defense is not going to be good. When you bet the farm on one player, the player has to be an absolute superstar for you to win. Otherwise, the trade makes you bad for many years to come.

Yeah sorry. I meant my guy Spanos. Multitasking at work & autocorrect don't always work the way they should.

lol, I was gonna say. Spags was a ridiculous suggestion, doesn't even fit our scheme/personnel.

I wouldn't mind either one. Wade or Spanos. Wade is older but is proven. Spanos is an up and comer but he was here when our defense looked its most competent since Haslett has coordinated it.

why do people blame Haslett? The team traded 3 #1s, a 2 and waisted a 4 on Cousins. Of course the defense is not going to be good. When you bet the farm on one player, the player has to be an absolute superstar for you to win. Otherwise, the tade makes you bad for many years to come.

Because he has several jobs.  The first is to teach the defensive players and make sure they know their roles and responsibilities.  If they don't know their roles and responsibilities four years into teaching his system then he is a terrible teacher.  Second, if his defense can be suffocating in the first half and completely falls apart in the second that speaks to strategy and not personel.  The same offensive personal that were stopped and the same defensive personnel that were winning battles flipped roles entirely.

That suggests Haslett lost on the chess board.

Finally, a good d coordinator can win with or at least get a stop or two without supreme talent.  Richie Pettibone in the glory years was always known for having B level talent plus Darrell Green and Charles Mann.  

He's terrible and consistently terrible.  Enough with excuses.

How many rookie qbs need to become hall of famers under his watch only to be terrible before and after.

Buddies stick together!

And if Gruden doesn't see the folly of that (and I think he is smart enough. I hope anyway), it usually winds up as "Buddies get FIRED together" too!  If Gruden wants to succeed here and continue improving his rep in the NFL, he HAS TO look at Haslett's inability to change and his penchant to lose!

Archived