Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How can we assist in the removal of the current DC?

SB17

I don't think people realize the offense we just played.  Tampa's OC missed the season for health reasons.  

The OC job fell to their first year QB coach - Marcus Arroyo - a 34 year old with no NFL experience.  None.  I don't mean no NFL coordinator experience, or even no NFL coaching experince.  He was never a coach or a player in the NFL until this year.

It's not like he was a top college coach last year, either.  In 2013, he was the first year OC for the 1-11 Southern Miss Golden Eagles (a division 1-A team.)

Yet, he carved up our defense, and thoroughly out-coached Jim Haslett - with Josh McCown at QB.

Josh McCown had previously played 3 games in this offense with a QB rating of 71.

That's how pathetic Haslett is.

I don't think people realize the offense we just played. 

i felt this way after the minny game. 

today, i feel like mike evans is just a much better football player than either of our safeties. 

i'm more baffled by our offense scoring 7 vs the 2nd worst scoring D in the league, at home, coming off a bye week. that just blows my mind. 

(yes, i want wade phillips next year, btw....)

how many times over the years have we seen a linebacker running down the field covering a receiver?

This is what has prompted me to no longer watch when the Redskins defense is on the field.  I've got NFL Redzone that I can switch to and can check on how my fantasy players are doing rather than to watch this team self-destruct on defense.  Just pathetic.

I'm shocked that Haslett is still there today!

After sunday's flustercluck against a Tampa team weak on all sides of the ball, and seeing how Haslett's 'leadership' led them to being humiliated, at home, coming off a bye, I mean exactly what does it take?

Allen HAS to be behind this in some way; maybe he has the hand lotion out behind the closed doors of Snyder's office. There's no words for the insanity to describe why Haslett is still employed today after yesterday. No words at all.

But I see a HC who fans cheered in Cincy when he left, a GM who worked in Tampa Bay, a DC who worked in Tampa, and not even on an NFL team because no one wanted him. Thats a butt-ugly combo spiderweb of failure.

I think both Harbaugh and (Rex) Ryan see themselves as head coach material.  If they were let go, I would be surprised to see them come here as DC - wouldn't complain a bit, though, if it happened.

No way either of them would take a step back to DC, Harbaugh especially. They're both really strong willed guys, I can't see them wanting to sign up for this **** show. Harbaugh intriuges me though, he is the abrasive type the players here seem to need.. they need someone to kick them in the ass daily and he seems to be the guy to do it.

how many times over the years have we seen a linebacker running down the field covering a receiver?     You get what you deserve.

how about blitzing on 2nd and 20 in the 2nd quarter?   no disguise to the blitz whatsoever....Porter covering Evans....50 yard catch.

Everyone blaming that TD on Riley needs to stop. If you watch the replay, Riley was the only one who had any idea what the **** was going on and tried chasing Evans to at least attempt to make a play.. not his fault. Ryan Frikkin Clark jumped down and bit on one of the other wr's, and left his guy Evans and the middle of the field completely behind him.

Riley should be commended for that play, even though he didn't make it, it was heads up and he at least saw what was going on and attempted to correct it.

The fact that he is still here is no mystery. He is among the principal reasons that Shanahan is gone. The man undermined his own head coach in myriad ways; that's why he's still here. He and Bruce were bonded in their desire to see Shanahan gone so that both could, in theory, manage the team (Allen) and "unleash the defense".

Listen, Haslett has been the team "source" for local writers since he arrived in Ashburn. There's a reason why they never criticize him in their pieces. Sally Jenkins, who is not locally based and whom I don't particularly like, asked a pointed question that no other area writer posed: how in the hell did Haslett survive the Shanahan purge? As I said before, he helped to orchestrate the coach's removal, and planted seed after seed with the owner, with local media.....with anyone who would listen.

And yesterday, he was outcoached by an accidental offensive coordinator. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: against Haslett defenses, struggling players have career resurrections and young players have career days. Gruden needs to realize that his time in Washington will be short if he sticks with Haslett.

anyone want to start a petition?  Haslett has been here long enough that this is his defense.  THe only people here from before him are Orakpo, Hall(who was cut and re-signed) and Golston and we've gone for his guys like Carriker in the past.

• 1 month later...

I've never been a Haslett fan & disagreed with his play calling, however, it is ok to start "Fire Haslett" talks this week but don't dare talk badly about RG3? Especially after that 4th down pass? If it was a blown defensive call late it's "Off with Haslett's head!" But RG3 stinks it up on the final play & it's "He'll be fine"? Cmon

I've never been a Haslett fan & disagreed with his play calling, however, it is ok to start "Fire Haslett" talks this week but don't dare talk badly about RG3? Especially after that 4th down pass? If it was a blown defensive call late it's "Off with Haslett's head!" But RG3 stinks it up on the final play & it's "He'll be fine"? Cmon

What? Really??? You have got to be kidding me. I'll just focus on the one pertinent factor differentiating the 2. HASLETT HAS HAD TOO MUCH TIME TO PROVE HE ISN'T COMPLETELY INEPT & YET HE CONTINUES TO MAKE THE EXACT SAME CATASTROPHIC MISCALCULATIONS ON A PLAY BY PLAY BASIS.

You can literally bet a line on how many times he will back his DB's off in coverage on 3rd & short...because EVERYONE EXPECTS IT. Then the announcers drone on about him "dialing up one of those exotic blitzes" only for us to get no pressure & GIVE UP AN 8 YARD CUSHION WHEN THEY ONLY NEED 5. All.the.time.every.damn.time.

I hate Haslett...like really can't stand to even see his disgusting, clueless mug. Such a putrid, vile, pitiful excuse of a DC who will still manage to go somewhere else & be worth while because **** us, that's why.

I think it's time to officially close all the Haslett threads and nuke them into the atmosphere.

We can start on the Raheem Morris threads in 2 days after he's named the new DC.

Oh, no. We'll skip right over him and jump straight to the "Fire Bruce Allen" threads.

Archived