Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How can we assist in the removal of the current DC?

SB17

7 games left, so little use in firing him. I think a big name just may be useful for this team, one that will take attention away from players.

Rex is known for deflecting attention from players. I don't see Gruden being bullied either, may work if Rex would want to restart as coordinator.

As long as I'll live and if I sat at dinner with Haslett, I don't think I'll ever understand why we didn't blitz after what we did in D. I'll never understand, I still am baffled.

You wanna hurt an addict? Flush his cocaine.

You wanna hurt a fat guy?  Eat his twinkies.

You wanna hurt a millionaire?  Cut his income.

Maybe some rumors about Haslett being fired, sent to alot of major networks, radio stations, talk shows, etc, someone is bound to bite. All it takes is 1 piranha - esque mediot to take this story and run with it, it would catch fire, like it always does, and at least get people talking about it.

Images are so so brittle when you're in the spotlight, Snyder just might be forced to bite on it if it trends.

He'll be back next year.

Which is EXACTLY what worries me.  We'll have another losing season if he comes back.  He has to go NOW so that the Front Office doesn't end up justifying keeping him if he gets a few decent performances by the D for the remainder of the season.

if he stays for rest of the year he might have a good game or two to keep his job for one more year, thats how he was surviving so far. I never liked the guy, never knew why he was hired here, he was never good anywhere he went. 

We were all 99% sure Haslett would be gone with Shanahan towards the end of the season last year. Nobody disputed this, nor thought he deserved to stay. No "insiders" stated otherwise, at least not that I recall.

But then the reports of him being "handcuffed" came out. And then he was, inexplicably, kept on. And then you saw some around here try to justify it. It was disgusting. It still is. And I have absolutely no faith that he'll be fired once this season is over. This organization consistently makes decisions based on reasons that have nothing to do with winning football games. Making Allen, who has never been a great personnel guy, GM and letting the guy (Brown) they claimed was great at what a GM is mainly tasked to do (identifying and acquiring personnel) go as well as keeping Haslett on board damned the season from the start. It may have damned Gruden's tenure here from the onset as well. It's so frustrating. God I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe i'm looking a little too deep and narrow on this, but i've always noticed where 2 teams play against each other from the midway point to the end of a season, and the following year that coach/DC/OC is hired by the very team they played against, a la Joe gibbs San Diego Chargers.

We went to SD and put the smackdown on the high powered joe Gibbs-led offense 40-17, and whaddayaknow, next season he was coaching the Skins.

Soon, we'll be playing against the 49ers in SF. There's alot of talk of Harbaugh not being there after this season, so....

1. He would be a good replacement for Haslett

2. He would be influencial in possibly bringing some good defensive players from SF

3. He would be coaching very very close to his brother in Baltimore

4. He would be a good replacement for Haslett [ hiccup ]

Now, he may not want to come here, he might not be the guy for the job, but hell I can dream, or at least think.

Maybe i'm looking a little too deep and narrow on this, but i've always noticed where 2 teams play against each other from the midway point to the end of a season, and the following year that coach/DC/OC is hired by the very team they played against, a la Joe gibbs San Diego Chargers.

We went to SD and put the smackdown on the high powered joe Gibbs-led offense 40-17, and whaddayaknow, next season he was coaching the Skins.

Soon, we'll be playing against the 49ers in SF. There's alot of talk of Harbaugh not being there after this season, so....

2. He would be influencial in possibly bringing some good defensive players from SF

Now, he may not want to come here, he might not be the guy for the job, but hell I can dream, or at least think.

I think both Harbaugh and (Rex) Ryan see themselves as head coach material.  If they were let go, I would be surprised to see them come here as DC - wouldn't complain a bit, though, if it happened.

Harbaugh's not going to be any type of coordinator. He'd get offered multiple HC gigs in the NFL, and if not he'd have his pick of college HC jobs.

Harbaugh was a QB, and I don't think he's ever coached defense at any level.

He's also going to be a HC, either in college or the pros.

There are a lot of DCs that could be upgrades to Haslett.  

Personally, I'd go with Rex Ryan if he's available.  He might think of himself as a HC, but I doubt he'd get another NFL HC job right away.  He would get a shot in college.  

The most logical choice would be Wade, because his son is already on the staff, and he probably knows Jay and Bruce a little bit.  And he's unemployed, and coaches this style of defense.  And I wouldn't mind 2 Phillips on the coaching staff if one was the TE coach and the other the DC.  Also has the benefit of knowing Romo and Garrett well....

But there are others. I hope to God the defense doesn't collapse.  But I fear it will. Regardless, I want a new DC.

Here's another possibility: Marvin Lewis gets fired after the Bengal's underachieve AGAIN, and he returns to the last DC job he had before he was a HC.  I don't think that he left on bad terms, he got a HC gig after getting paid a ton of money.  I'd welcome him back as a DC.  Would probably mean a switch back to a 4-3, but eh, I really don't care about that. 

Harbaugh is an offensive minded coach, isn't he?

Archived