Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Game Day Coverage & Game Day Thread: Redskins at Cardnials

TK

Robert shouldn't even play when he's healthy enough. Just let McCoy play the season out, so we can tank and get the #1pick. Today was really the icing on the cake for me smh.

And so how exactly is Robert supposed to develop as a QB, wishful thinking? Watching Colt McCoy play certainly ain't it.

I'm done.  I've been a Skins fan since 1976, but I've had enough.  I don't intend to watch another game this season.  I skipped the Seattle game because I knew they had no chance to win.  It felt liberating.  Against the Cardinals, I thought they had a slim chance, so I made the mistake of tuning in. And they did what they usually do: they hung in there enough to make you think they had a chance, then they blew up and folded.  What's the point of rooting for a team that is the worst in its division and has absolutely no hope of making the playoffs?  This team has been mismanaged into the ground.  It doesn't deserve its loyal fan base.  I no longer count myself as a member of it.

Ok, enough excuses. I can't see past this coaching staff at this point. Its as if the coaching staff has no understanding of concepts or their own roster. Offense is averaging between 2-4 turnovers a game. Why are the WR's so often in the same vicinity? Morris has completely forgotten how to run the ball in Gruden's pass only offense. Just saw the third pick of the game. I'm not impressed w/ the heavy/ bunch formations they try to run out of. We don't even have 20 carries in the game. We watched Niles Paul get carried into the backfield constantly against Seattle. Did they change the personnel, formation or call? No, they continued running the same play and then used bad coaching as yet another reason to not run the ball. This game ends any and all possible confusion as to Cousin's place on this team. Don't tell me about how he's better fitted for Gruden' s offense. It's time for him to get off his offensive high horse and plan accordingly to his roster.

For those ppl who keep dogging this defense i'd say choke yourself. Amerson goes out and you now have a mid round rookie manning up on a Pro Bowl stud WR. Never helped the kid out by slanting coverage. We don't have a FS safety on the roster. Clark is on the back side of his career and Meriweather is Meriweather. The Haz won't attack on defense. Watching him call the D is like death by a thousand cuts. Play conservative and hope the opposing team self destructs. Coming into the season our secondary was our biggest question. Haz was supposed to be free to call his own D. Still can't expect them to single handedly win games while over coming multiple turnovers from your offense that isn't putting up points either. This game really ticked me off.

The Washington Redskins may be the worst professional franchise in any sport.  And I dont just mean the losing .  Drafting players for positions other than where the biggest weaknesses are, trading away draft picks for players who cant stay on the field, neglecting the core of any football team, the offensive and defensive line.  We replace coaches, we replace GMs, we bring in new players and on and on but it all comes out the same way.  More losing.  For a while we were the doormat of the eastern division, now we are the doormat of the NFL, literally.  Even though not by record, we probably were the worst team in the NFL last year and looks like we are headed that way again.

He's been in the league for 3 years now. Eventually you have to stop making excuses for him. He was a 4th round pick, stop convincing yourself he is anything more than that.

Gruden sounds absolutely defeated in his presser.

Im a Griffin guy. Always have been and was a little annoyed by the people calling for Cousins. But, things have to kept in perspective. Cousins might be in his third season, but game experience is a lot different and a lot faster than practice reps. He isnt playing poorly enough on his own to be 1-7 other than the Giants game. This same crap happens when Griffin is playing too which caused the whole issue of Cousins coming in and being able to do a better job. I knew it wasnt going to happen before he even stepped on the field. The QB of this team has to play perfect football for our team to have a chance to win against any middle of the road team and above.

As for Gruden? He clearly is not a strong leader and this thing is likely going to snowball out of control now. That old saying " A team takes on the personality of its coach'' is in full effect in this case, because our coach looks overwhelmed on the sideline and folds under pressure and the team follows by doing the same on the field. 

And can we please stop hiring offensive minded coaches and get a defensive one in here as our next HC? Gruden still has the rest of this season and most or all of next before he gets fired, but my early request for our next HC in 2016 is Todd Bowles if he's still available.

Cousins may be a little raw. But this isnt his fault. He is put in impossible situations where as a player, starting what his 8th game, needs to pretty much carry the team, overcome a defense that never makes clutch momentum changing turnovers, special teams that gives us crap field position and players on offense that make silly mistakes and turnovers with a poor offensive line to boot. The exact same thing happens to Griffin. Griffin however can handle the pressurse and make those extra plays that gives us a chance to win. Cousins def makes some mistakes and needs some work, but damn man he should be handing the ball off a lot and making a pass here and there instead of dropping back 30-40 times a game.

All this being said, it should be obvious to everyone that Griffin gives us the best chance to win. It should not even be a debate anymore.

The game planning certainly isn't doing him any favors. Is it a coincidence that success of this team was completely different when the run/pass ratio was much better. And that goes for both QBs.

Okay, it's official, Cousins is not the answer. Glad he got a shot though when the season mattered, because now we know for absolute certain that he's not our guy. So, where does that leave our lovable losers at the QB position now? With a fragile "franchise QB" in Griffin that is an injury waiting to happen when he comes back with nobody to adequately back him up when he inevitably gets hurt again.

Back to square one.....again.

Ever since cousins took the reins, we have no rushing attack. This is not a coincidence.

Couldn't watch the game and had to listen to the broadcast. Doc declared Morris ineffective minus RGIII. Was calling for Redd to get carries. Baffled me seeing as we don't run the ball. Gruden is all in on passing regardless of the outcome. Sad part is the only thing turnstile Plumbus and old man Chester excell at is run blocking.

Couldn't watch the game and had to listen to the broadcast. Doc declared Morris ineffective minus RGIII. Was calling for Redd to get carries. Baffled me seeing as we don't run the ball. Gruden is all in on passing regardless of the outcome. Sad part is the only thing turnstile Plumbus and old man Chester excell at is run blocking.

Doc is right but personally, I want to see Helu get more carries.

read more, post less

Please.  I tell the truth and don't sugarcoat it.  

Gruden is still abandoning the running game. Cousins is still throwing INTs directly to the opposing team. Our defense is still letting average QBs look better than they really are. It has been the same thing all season.

He has to abandon the run game.  8 man in the box. You have to pass to get the 8th man out of the box.  This line doesn't beat their man off the line.  The defense actually did a decent job in the 2nd half after the picks.  it was a 1 score game and we had a chance to win this but obviously special teams can't make a play for us. 

First two seasons....

Manning - 26 TD  28 INT  71.2 passer rating

Breese - 17 TD  16 INT  76.9 passer rating

Brady - 18 TD  12 INT   86.5 passer rating

Cousins  16 TD  15 INT  83.6 passer rating  (12 games played)

Right on schedule baby!

The Washington Redskins may be the worst professional franchise in any sport.  And I dont just mean the losing .  Drafting players for positions other than where the biggest weaknesses are, trading away draft picks for players who cant stay on the field, neglecting the core of any football team, the offensive and defensive line.  We replace coaches, we replace GMs, we bring in new players and on and on but it all comes out the same way.  More losing.  For a while we were the doormat of the eastern division, now we are the doormat of the NFL, literally.  Even though not by record, we probably were the worst team in the NFL last year and looks like we are headed that way again.

After laughing at the notion for years, I'm seriously starting to think its the name. All bad things mentioned in the post Im quoting, not to mention Sean Taylor. We've won Superbowls, but damn man, we've sucked for MANY years now. Can't help but to think sometimes that somewhere there's a Native American tribe doing a bad luck dance dedicated to our team.

After laughing at the notion for years, I'm seriously starting to think its the name. All bad things mentioned in the post Im quoting, not to mention Sean Taylor. We've won Superbowls, but damn man, we've sucked for MANY years now. Can't help but to think sometimes that somewhere there's a Native American tribe doing a bad luck dance dedicated to our team.

Umm, just stop blaming the name.  It has nothing to do with it.  This was the same thing said about the Wizards and no one is complaining about the name now and one of the best teams in the eastern conferences. When you have ****ty players, we make a excuse for them. We just have dumb players and no overall franchise philosophy

Archived