Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Game Day Coverage & Game Day Thread: Redskins at Cardnials

TK

The loss today is a collective effort of epic failure.   This team has such little depth that when a few starters

go down there are big holes that our opponents capitalize on right away.  For example, Amerson gets hurt

and they go to Fitzgerald right away because our rookie cannot cover him.  We need a new offensive line

next year.   Riley cannot cover tight ends in pass coverage- I know he did not play today. 

Well, we have to look for improvement over the rest of the season.  I am sure Shanny is smiling each week

when the Skins lose.

I see some one who is more interested in his pass happy scheme than trying to fit the scheme to what he has.

That is exactly what Gibbs did for the first 5 games in 81. Then he figured it out. Gruden knows football I think he can figure it out. When Morris is averaging 3 yds a carry how long do you want him to stick with the run?

For the year the Skins are 61% pass (11th overall) but they have had to come from behind a lot. It is WAY too early to say this is all Gruden is ever going to be, that he can't change.

The Cowboys are really good.

They have beaten one team with a winning record.

That is exactly what Gibbs did for the first 5 games in 81. Then he figured it out. Gruden knows football I think he can figure it out. When Morris is averaging 3 yds a carry how long do you want him to stick with the run?

For the year the Skins are 61% pass (11th overall) but they have had to come from behind a lot. It is WAY too early to say this is all Gruden is ever going to be, that he can't change.

They have beaten one team with a winning record.

I'd like to see him stick with the run more than one play per drive, of course Morris will average 3 yards a carry, part of sticking with the run, is wearing the opposing D-Line down, if Gruden keeps going to the pass we become one dimensional, and honestly with Cousins' color blindness that's not a good situation. I think that we also need to look at what he did in Cincinatti, he got pass happy there. It's also the formation that we run out of, this was a team that adapted to the pistol early, we're not running that now. We're not using DY as a lead blocker, we use Paul who's more of a pass catcher- once again square peg/round hole. I'm using the Tennessee, St.Louis and Minnesota games as the bench mark, if we look the same in those games then there should be questions about play calling, coaching and game planning. Right now, I don't like what I see out of Gruden as far as X's and O's on the Offense, I don't see those adjustments as far as play calling goes.

Personally I'm not in favor of stability for the same of stability, that's how you get a Rex Ryan where your team plays dumb football. I'm looking at Gruden from Cincinatti on, and I will be watching the play selection too

Well, looks like victor Cruz just blew out knee.

Made me think of RG3s injury. Cruz is really sobbing.

Anyway, I've watched the end of game where Trent slaps Dixk Sherman in face. RG3 right there.

How didn't the esteemed Dr. Ndrews not have him non-weight bearing. I stand by the idea that the RG3 injury was fully in training staff and Andrews

Well, looks like victor Cruz just blew out knee.

Made me think of RG3s injury. Cruz is really sobbing.

Anyway, I've watched the end of game where Trent slaps Dixk Sherman in face. RG3 right there.

How didn't the esteemed Dr. Ndrews not have him non-weight bearing. I stand by the idea that the RG3 injury was fully in training staff and Andrews

Ultimately that's the owners fault.

Alex ferguson was set to make a record transfer move for Ruud Van Nistselroy but Ruud sprained his MCL. so Ferguson post pined the trade because sprains MCL can lead to ACL injuries. sure enough a couple weeks later in training Ruud injure his ACL. Fergusons knowledge and forsight saved United tens of millions.

when 300 lbs juggernaut Haloti Ngata damages your MCL you pull the plug on your franchise. that is just common sense as an owner.

At this point, I really don't think Gruden deserves a second year..

(btw since Philly we've crossed the 17 point barrier once and have a 17 PPG average)...

I think it takes a rare talent to survive going 1 and 15 with a 13 game losing streak, if there is no improvement we should cut our losses and move on with a new coaching staff top to bottom...

First... are you serious?  We have an offensive line that was made for zone blocking.  Rule changes have made this difficult, so now we're stuck with an undersized under talented offensive line that needs to be replaced.  Our DC is a complete dumbass that loves to give up long 3rd downs.  We need offensive line, secondary and a new DC long before we need a new head coach.  i'd love to see Rex Ryan as our DC... They keep losing and we might see that.

You don't think having 2 games worth of game tape on Cousins has anything to do with that?  He has 7 interceptions in the last 3 games.  Since he's taken over, we've had 0 running game and he has taken multiple sacks where he basically just stood there as a guy drug out lineman towards him... 0 elusiveness.

Our defense is not terrible.  Our offense other than current QB play and offensive line looks dangerous.  Other than the Giants game, we've been in games.  People want to blow everything up and start all over yet again.

Gruden on the non-reversal of Andre Roberts' "fumble."

"I don't understand it. They go to New York City [for the review] and I don't think you need to go to New York City to see the guy's knee down."

Agree with Gruden. I want to hear the NFL explain that non-reversal.

Umm, just stop blaming the name.  It has nothing to do with it.  This was the same thing said about the Wizards and no one is complaining about the name now and one of the best teams in the eastern conferences. When you have ****ty players, we make a excuse for them. We just have dumb players and no overall franchise philosophy

Hey man, the stuff sounds stupid to me to. But you gotta see it from my perspective. I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel. SOMETHINGS gotta be the answer. We SUCK.

And the Wizards comparison is not a good one. People hated that name cause it sucks. They didn't say we were bad because of it. We sucked when were the Bullets. Regardless of how stupid it sounds, theres a chance some pissed off Natives could've put a curse on us. I'm not even superstitious like that. But we're a snake bitten franchise, and I don't know why we have such bad luck ALL THE TIME, for YEARS....

I'm still fuming over that Roberts "fumble." We had chances to win anyway, but it's still ridiculous. Shame, because I think this is another one that we let get away. This is the third game where we decisively outgained our opponent but lost the turnover battle, and lost the game. Cousins gets jittery under pressure and his footwork suffers. If he can correct that, he'll be fine. Big "if," though.

Great to have Reed back, in any case. We've got a great group of skills position players on offense.

Ultimately that's the owners fault.

Alex ferguson was set to make a record transfer move for Ruud Van Nistselroy but Ruud sprained his MCL. so Ferguson post pined the trade because sprains MCL can lead to ACL injuries. sure enough a couple weeks later in training Ruud injure his ACL. Fergusons knowledge and forsight saved United tens of millions.

when 300 lbs juggernaut Haloti Ngata damages your MCL you pull the plug on your franchise. that is just common sense as an owner.

Do you blame Snyder when you have a bad day? Nearly every post you've made pertains to Snyder being an awful owner lol

i was under the impression that Gruden was brought in to leverage RG3's skill set. And with two starts, he basically gave up on RG3 and found his pocket QB in Cousins. I hope he's happy now. This is asinine! i don't understand why you'd got rid of Shannahan, if you're going to give up on a player that you gave away 4 picks to get in the draft two games in to the season. 

You do know RGIII dislocated his ankle right? I mean whats Gruden supposed to do send him out with crutches?

I'm still fuming over that Roberts "fumble." We had chances to win anyway, but it's still ridiculous. Shame, because I think this is another one that we let get away. This is the third game where we decisively outgained our opponent but lost the turnover battle, and lost the game. Cousins gets jittery under pressure and his footwork suffers. If he can correct that, he'll be fine. Big "if," though.Great to have Reed back, in any case. We've got a great group of skills position players on offense.

I just woke up from that fumble nightmare... And realized it was real... Ed Hochuli has to be the most overrated ref in the business

Yes, Roberts knee was down and it should have remained our ball. But when you're bad like us, things like that happen. I got an idea, hold on to the damn ball and never give them anything to look at in the first place. And just for kicks & giggles, when was the last time we got a turnover? I know we've had opportunities-- Orakpo dropping a huge one right in his gut yesterday that he might have taken the distance immediately comes to mind-- but we never come up with the ball when it's on the ground or thrown right to us.

With all our problems on O, D & special teams, the true fact is that if we got some turnovers & didn't turn the ball over like we do, we'd be either 4-2 or 3-3 right now instead of 1-5. Turnover ratio is our biggest issue and it isn't rocket science to figure out that if we continue to give the ball away without taking it away, we're going to lose over and over again.

Archived