Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Game Day Coverage & Game Day Thread: Redskins at Cardnials

TK

Don't mean any harm man but I'm so glad GM's don't think like fans for the most part. And what exactly would Mariotta or Winston bring to the table? That would be amazingly stupid for the Redskins to draft a QB that soon after giving up so much to get one!

Pretty sure he meant he wants to see teams take our high first rounder off of us to get Mariota or Winston so we can pick up a couple lineman later in round one/early two.

Don't mean any harm man but I'm so glad GM's don't think like fans for the most part. And what exactly would Mariotta or Winston bring to the table? That would be amazingly stupid for the Redskins to draft a QB that soon after giving up so much to get one!

It's funny how many fans talk about how unstable this organization is with ownership/coaches etc etc etc yet it's the fans that encourage the same damn thing with letting players go without truly seeing what will happen over a 5 year period with ONE SET OF EVERYTHING!!! Build a stable damn organization for a change and at least allow the process to play out and see what the hell happens.

This revolving door spells LOSER in every sense of the word. That's why we will NEVER win with this mentality. Every 2-3 years lets get this or that and it fails miserably. Then you'll are ready to run them out of town for the next shiny little toy. Rinse and repeat over and over and over again.

Do yourself a favor, go and do a history check and see how many coaches, QB's and players have come and gone through Washington in the last 20 years. Then do the same with the Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Seahawks, Giants, Tampa Bay Bucs, and Ravens and tell me what you find out!!!

I'll start by telling you we've had 15 QB's since 1999............. New England has had 3 since 1993. I'll stop there.

Stability brings a winning culture. NOT this switching crap every 2 years.

ah sorry, i mis-spoke. in my post. i meant to type that we should try to get a team to trade 2 1sts and a 2nd to us for THEM to be able to draft one of those 2 QBs. i thought thats what i typed, but i just looked back at my post and realized i didnt say that. sorry. i dont think we should draft them

Pretty sure he meant he wants to see teams take our high first rounder off of us to get Mariota or Winston so we can pick up a couple lineman later in round one/early two.

yes, thats what i meant to type. haha i realize now that my post said that i wanted us to draft one of those two qbs. definitely didnt mean that!! :lol:

Please step back into reality.....

sorry. we traded 2 1sts and a 2nd to the browns to draft RG3 so i figured that would be a normal thing for a team to trade to us. what would you consider to be a realistic pick to get?

ah sorry, i mis-spoke. in my post. i meant to type that we should try to get a team to trade 2 1sts and a 2nd to us for THEM to be able to draft one of those 2 QBs. i thought thats what i typed, but i just looked back at my post and realized i didnt say that. sorry. i dont think we should draft them

yes, thats what i meant to type. haha i realize now that my post said that i wanted us to draft one of those two qbs. definitely didnt mean that!! :lol:

sorry. we traded 2 1sts and a 2nd to the browns to draft RG3 so i figured that would be a normal thing for a team to trade to us. what would you consider to be a realistic pick to get?

Cool no problem man. wheewwww I'm glad you clarified that LOL. Scared me with that one lol

That sounds like a plan......well I don't know LOL this is the Redskins.....but I wouldn't mind seeing us go ALL OLINE and defense in the draft to be honest.

This team lacks talent, period.  Many years of bad drafting plus the two year cap penalty and this is what you get.  All of which can be attributed to the front office / owner leadership group.

Actually NOW we can consider that 2 year cap penalty a bonus.

Imagine being stuck with 2-3 more long term contracts on players that are under acheiving and without Desean Jackson because we wouldn't have had the money to land him. I'm sure they'd still have wasted the franchise tag on Orakpo anyway.

maybe. anythings possible i guess.

but seriously...what would you consider to be realistic picks for a team to give to us for that team to draft a QB?

At best we could get their next year first rounder or maybe this years 2nd and next years first but it depends on who is trying to get what and I don't see how we get 1st over all since we have to at least beat 1 of Minny, Tenn, Tampa, and the other 7 games we should beat somebody. Who will Jax beat? Probably nobody or just 1 team.

maybe. anythings possible i guess.

but seriously...what would you consider to be realistic picks for a team to give to us for that team to draft a QB?

it depends on what the general consensus is regarding the QB prospects.

1.  IF Washington is in the draft slot to take the top rated QB

and

2.  IF the top rated QB is considered a major, cant miss guy

then

Washington ought to be able to command the 2nd round pick as well as a future 1st round pick in exchange for the swapping of positions in the first round that enables the trading team to take the QB.

I don't see an extra first round pick; Washington over paid for RG3 and no other team in the league devalues their own draft picks like the Redskins.  However, IF the prospect is really exceptional, then it is possible I could see they get a 1st and 2nd this year (in exchange for their first this year) and a first and second next year, as well.

However, IF the prospect is merely considered the best QB in this year's draft but not an exceptional QB overall, then the compensation could be lower.  It will take an entire football season (through February-March 2015) for the determination to be made on how the QB(s) are rated.  Washington also could end up winning some games here and obviously not be in that position, either.

Archived