Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who wants Olive Garden?

Slateman

Hey, guess where I was last night!  Gift cards, don't judge.  And the whole time, I was thinking, why isn't Zoony with us?

For future reference OG is part of Datden and you can use the cards at any of their locations. Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, Seasons 52, The Capital Grille, Eddie V's, Yard House and Red Lobster

• 3 months later...

Here's what happens when you eat Olive Garden pasta for 7 weeks straight

Olive Garden's "Never Ending Pasta Pass" is back.

For $100, the pass offers seven weeks straight of unlimited pasta, breadsticks, salad, and Coca-Cola beverages.

The restaurant is selling 2,000 passes, including 1,000 that extend the unlimited pasta offer to your entire family. The passes go on sale Thursday at 2 p.m.

The pasta passes were so popular last year — which was the first time they were offered — that Olive Garden's website crashed right before they went on sale.

Our own John Greenough, a research analyst for Business Insider Intelligence, was one of the 1,000 Pasta Pass holders.

We asked him about what it was like having access to free Olive Garden every day for the past seven weeks.

At the beginning of the promotion, Greenough said he had planned to take full advantage of the pass and go to Olive Garden every day.

But the salty pasta got the best of him.

"I ate there, I think, 20 of the first 25 days, but stopped for a week because I started to get horrible canker sores from all the salt in the pasta," he said. (According to the Mayo Clinic, the exact cause of canker sores is unclear, although triggers can include highly acidic foods like tomato sauce.)

Overall, the best part of the deal has been the savings, he said.

Greenough estimates that he has eaten at Olive Garden nearly 30 days so far, saving him about $500 in total, when accounting for the $100 he paid for the pass.

"The worst part was the pasta, and how bad I felt after eating it so much," he said. "I ate a variety of the different pastas and sauces but overall would give the pasta a five out of 10 and three out of 10 for New York City standards. The pasta always came with the sauce just plopped on top. It was never mixed in and was unappetizing to look at."

Asked whether he planned to return to Olive Garden after the promotion ended, he said simply, "No."

Click on the link for the full article

At the risk of feeling the wrath of z, from my experience of the Olive Garden in OKC, the food was pretty darn good. 

And this is coming from an extensively travelled European who likes to indulge in great food and wine, not least in Italy. 

Hail. 

Yeah, well, you're an Englishman, so .... at least it's better than Kidney Pie.  

let me know when a Frenchman or an Italian thinks Olive Garden is good.    :P

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I doubt anyone actually cares about the ball. It's just an experience to be in Times Square and share that moment with thousands of other people. Not to mention probably hell of a party

I wouldn't mind going on year just to do it.

I think only young people do it anymore.  You can't just go and show up.  You have to be there hours ahead of time.  I can't imagine standing for hours in the cold with no bathroom crammed in uncomfortably by a mass of unwashed humanity.  I can't think of much that I would enjoy less.

• Like 2

I think only young people do it anymore.  You can't just go and show up.  You have to be there hours ahead of time.  I can't imagine standing for hours in the cold with no bathroom crammed in uncomfortably by a mass of unwashed humanity.  I can't think of much that I would enjoy less.

• Like 1

i'm with ya, pal.  If its all you can eat, I have no problem shoveling endless pasta into my mouth :)

I was being sarcastic, there's an Olive Garden thread somewhere in the Tailgate that had a bunch of people talking about how bad it is/was and how they'd never eat there.

Truth. Is it authentic? No. Is it even that high a quality? Not really, but you bet your ass I'm gonna be there if I'm offered the chance.