Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who wants Olive Garden?

Slateman

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:11 PM, China said:

My 14-Hour Search for the End of TGI Friday's Endless Appetizers

Last Monday TGI Friday's unveiled a new promotion (available at many TGI Friday's locations, but none on the island of Manhattan) whereby customers can gorge themselves on unlimited appetizers—without fear of punishment, embarrassment, or ostracization—for a one-time payment of $10. The promotion is called "Endless Appetizers."

I wanted to call their bluff and eat appetizers until they kicked me out, to seek the limit of this supposedly limitless publicity stunt.

I soon learned the limit does not exist.

Click on the link for the full article

Reporter is on the left after several hours:

bf5a4vkh6ely.gif

• 4 months later...

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/07/olive-garden-says-blog-needs-ok-to-publish-phrase-olive-garden-it-doesnt/

Man ridicules Olive Garden’s demand letter over trademark dispute

“If you are asking me to simply add TradeMark® Symbols™ I must also decline.”

Malone documents his travails online with detailed photos, often in brief form, such as: "My mind has actually come around completely on the garlic alfredo sauce since its original launch in 2015. Perhaps the recipe has changed, or maybe my palate has been deadened by years of conspicuous consumption, but the flavor is actually fairly mild and the grated cheese adds a bit of depth to the traditionally bland alfredo."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

https://www.eater.com/2017/10/3/16395312/olive-garden-review

There are two globally renowned olive gardens: Gethsemane, the grove where Jesus and his disciples prayed the night before his betrayal and crucifixion, its agony painted by Gauguin and by hundreds of other painters, and the fictional Tuscan hillside that lends its name to Olive Garden, a massive restaurant chain with more than 800 locations in North America. The two appear to be unconnected: According to Darden Restaurants, owner of the Olive Garden chain, the phrase is intended to call to mind ideas of the olive harvest and Tuscan authenticity, not the final, anguished night of a prophet, dark hours spent in prayer, wrath, and silence.

Despite the promises of the name, it can be a challenge to find actual olives at Olive Garden. The omission is intentional, though the irony is not. It's a simple matter of marketing: People don't like olives. They don't know what to do with them. They show up occasionally on the menu; their most recent engagement, on a “Mediterranean flatbread,” seems to no longer be available, part of an unbroken chain of olive-adorned dishes that have languished, unordered and unloved, before being dispatched by less culinarily threatening options like Meatball Stuffed Pizza Fritta.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:53 AM, Dan T. said:

The promotion is called "Endless Appetizers."

I wanted to call their bluff and eat appetizers until they kicked me out, to seek the limit of this supposedly limitless publicity stunt.

I soon learned the limit does not exist.

tumblr_m1jj9hQOqy1qlit2k.gif

I always wondered if you could order more than one thing, but according to the article, you make that choice and you are stuck with it.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It is unfair ti rank IHOP so low based on a meal eaten while sober. IHOP is not meant to be eaten sober. 

This is like giving a Porche a D because it does poorly off road. It’s your fault for using it wrong. 

I think he was drunk by the time he got to Denny's, because he absolutely loved it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Going out drinking in Arlington and DC, and stumbling into the IHOP in Ballston at 4 AM happened too often in my early twenties. Life was so much simpler back then. :kickcan:

Bob and Edith's.  All that bright fluorescent light is killer though.  Keep the RayBans on.

10 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Going out drinking in Arlington and DC, and stumbling into the IHOP in Ballston at 4 AM happened too often in my early twenties. Life was so much simpler back then. :kickcan:

You and every other Northern Virginia 20 something binge drinker that had a social life.  I've been there more times than I can remember (literally). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, No Excuses said:

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Bob and Edith's.  All that bright fluorescent light is killer though.  Keep the RayBans on.

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

You and every other Northern Virginia 20 something binge drinker that had a social life.  I've been there more times than I can remember (literally). 

The weekly dilemma:  IHOP or Mario's.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2017 at 11:38 AM, Bang said:

The greasiest greasy spoon i've even been in.

~Bang

Check out the place across from the Ford Theater. 

Might be called Lincolns Waffle or something like that. 

Expect a better version of a Waffle House. 

Food is good, although it was bought out by someone a few years back, service is rushed, but food is still solid. 

I went for the 4th this past year. 

On 12/13/2017 at 12:22 AM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Denny's is ****ing gross, IHOP and Denny's are on the same footing. 

Did you know you can't get a gluten free omelet at IHOP?  They add pancake batter as filler.  Lame.

Edited by China

1 hour ago, China said:

Did you know you can't get a gluten free omelet at IHOP?  They add pancake batter as filler.  Lame.

So it's pre-made too ?

You can't even say "hold the batter ?"

I'm goin to Denny's instead.

At least THERE, I can get a custom-made omelette.

I say, "Gimme a Cheese Omelette, but hold the egg"

And they bring me a plate with a slice of cheese.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...