Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who wants Olive Garden?

Slateman

On 12/20/2020 at 8:47 PM, Simmsy said:

I told my friends, who had just gotten back from Olive Garden, that I had only been there once in my life. I was ten years old in Crystal City, I got an awesome personal pan pizza that I remember to this day. My friend then told me that Olive Garden doesn't have pizza and she doesn't think it ever has. So, I may or may not have had pizza at what might've been an Olive Garden. 

They had pizza there because I also had one a long time ago.  I am not too sure if they have it now on the menu cause I haven't gone there in a few years.

Edited by Maxito

21 hours ago, justice98 said:

I'm not anti-chain restaurant like some people.  I can go to Olive Garden and enjoy it.

I’m not anti- chain restaurant.

But a few weeks ago, out shopping with my wife and there’s an Olive Garden in the shopping center.  She mentions how she has a $50 gift card that is a few years old she received from work and that we should use it while thinking about it.  We’ve been together 13 years, never even thought of stepping foot in an Olive Garden.  

So we did, and it was terrible.  No flavor.  I was at least expecting to enjoy the breadsticks and salad folks rave about.  Again, no flavor - so bland.  I’ve had better in a school cafeteria and I’m not even being dramatic.  She got the shrimp scampi and I got the chicken scampi, no garlic to be found - just the most meh plate of food I’d had in a long while.  The best part of the meal was the strawberry lemonade.

• Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, Maxito said:

They had pizza there because I also had one a long time ago.  I am not too sure if they have it now on the menu cause I haven't gone there in a few years.

5 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Olive Garden did have pizza because I once threw it up as a kid on my morning commute after having it for dinner the night before :ols: 

We should have an ES meet up for pizza at Olive Garden. We can all barf together.

• Haha 1

I consider myself a food nerd but I wouldn't mind eating out at Olive Garden. I don't see what the big fuss is.

Oh, so they microwave their food. It's not fresh. Okay.

I'll still eat it. You all ever had leftovers before? I was microwaving my Rana's Lasagna all week lol

Plus if you see what inflation is doing to these restaurants I'll gladly take olive garden. 30 dollars for spaghetti? Are you kidding me? Spare me the hole in the wall schtick or covid tax. That's highway robbery.

• Like 1

Just now, ixcuincle said:

I consider myself a food nerd but I wouldn't mind eating out at Olive Garden. I don't see what the big fuss is.

I'll still eat it. You all ever had leftovers before? I was microwaving my Rana's Lasagna all week lol

Plus if you see what inflation is doing to these restaurants I'll gladly take olive garden. 30 dollars for spaghetti? Are you kidding me? Spare me the hole in the wall schtick or covid tax. That's highway robbery.

20 dollars for microwaved chicken alfredo doesn't seem like highway robbery to you?.

• Haha 1

When you go to places like Olive Garden you stick to basics and it's edible.  The marinara is fine, not great but ok.  The Alfredo is ok if you like that sort of goop.  Doesn't taste bad although it's probably pretty bad for you.  They certainly give you more than you should eat. Don't try and get their attempts at fancier fare. I'd stay away from anything that had meat in it.  

If you do that it's like an upgrade over fast food for when you're on the road in a strange town and don't have time to research a good local place.  Plus kids love it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

When you go to places like Olive Garden you stick to basics and it's edible.  The marinara is fine, not great but ok.  The Alfredo is ok if you like that sort of goop.  Doesn't taste bad although it's probably pretty bad for you.  They certainly give you more than you should eat. Don't try and get their attempts at fancier fare. I'd stay away from anything that had meat in it.  

If you do that it's like an upgrade over fast food for when you're on the road in a strange town and don't have time to research a good local place.  Plus kids love it.

Talk about a ringing endorsement.

• Haha 1

Just now, The 12th Commandment said:

Not meant to be.  More along the lines of sage advice.

Reminds me of the time I went to a Buffalo Wild Wings in Evansville Indiana. The hostess sat us and started telling us about the specials. The wing sauce du jour was some sort of bourbon concoction, she was just finishing up the description and then added, "it ain't nasty".

Restaurant GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 3

Its basically a place of last resort that is ok, just ok, if you keep it to things they cant **** up too badly.  

Sometimes my situation requires me to eat place like that.  Not often but on occasion and if you keep it simple it's ok.  I would put BWW in the same category.  Get the buffalo sauce on their wings and it's ok.  At Wendy's for instance, any of the fancy sounding sandwiches are gross as ****, but they do a plain fast food burger that's ok.  

Edited by The 12th Commandment

Just now, The 12th Commandment said:

Its basically a place of last resort that is ok, just ok, it you keep it to things they cant **** up too badly.  

Sometimes my situation requires me to eat place like that.  Not often but on occasion and if you keep it simple it's ok.  I would put BWW in the same category.  Get the buffalo sauce on their wings and it's ok.  At Wendy's for instance, any of the fancy sounding sandwiches are gross as ****, but they do a plain fast food burger that's ok.  

I've definitely been there as far as last resort food options, especially when travelling this great country of ours. My wife grew up in Evansville so places like that were always on the short list as far as eating out when she was a kid. There are actually decent options in her town now. When I go there I like to stick to the local joints and try to support local businesses. Wendy's is a go to for me on trips and yeah, I stay away from marketing specials. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Yea, but Wawa does a better chicken Alfredo… and it’s a gas station…

36 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Havnt been to sheets in a while, but last time I was there it felt like a trashier cousin to Wawa…

Sheetz used to be good and one of the things we looked forward to when we'd travel back to the east coast.  But it's been trash for probably 8 years now.