Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terminator Fans: Prepare to Puke

d0ublestr0ker0ll

I think that Terminator with Bale was better than #3.

For me, Judgement Day was the best....then the original.

I'm with you about Salvation. For some reason people like T3 over it but T3 was a complete pile crap that single-handedly destroyed the franchise in terms of mythology and camp. Salvation crushes it in every aspect.

Well, I bought my $10 ticket online a couple days ago for tonights 7pm show in Waldorf...but now I can't justify driving 45 minutes there and back for a crappy movie. And of course Fandango won't refund within two hours of the start time. I'll just eat the 10 bucks and see it at the crappy theatre near me.

I knew this movie was going to suck when Alan Taylor came aboard, then the horrible casting, then the awful trailers that spilled the reveal, and now the reviews roll in. Ugh, I'm so depressed right now.

Really Hollywood is running out of new ideas these days! :mellow:

No they aren't...they're just lazy and would rather play it safe with retreading previous hits in order to capitalize off previous success box office success.

The really bad news is that we the movie going audience are dumb enough to fall for it and pay for it, so they're going to keep doing it.

yeah, looking forward to what some of our ES brothers have to say on the movie.  I know we should form our own opinions and not buy into critics all that much....but more often than not they get it right.  T1 and T2 are 90+ on Rotten, as they should be. 

Same as some of the first posters in here, I knew this movie was going to suck the second I saw the title with Genesis misspelled on purpose. That plus it being the 5th one now, plus the idiotic decision to reboot rather than do what we all want and show it far in the future with supercool robot wars and tech., were major red flags for the movie.

First 2 were awesome, 3rd one is pure garbage. Salvation was good, and I'm someone who usually has the same opinion of a movie that the RT rating shows. Seriously, it's like they accidentally switched the ratings for 3 and 4. 3 should be 30% and 4 should be 70%. Seriously, Jurassic World was 71% and Avengers 2 was 74%, and they were miles ahead of crappy T3. 4 got it right by setting it in the future and, honestly, not having old Arnold in it. 

But it looks like this new one will take over as worst of the franchise.

I saw it last night...mixed feelings but easily better than T3 and Salvation. I now understand James Cameron's "praise" of this film - it is the true, logical (or illogical) sequel to Terminator and T2.

Straight up, this is nowhere near as bad as the reviews and the RT %. Yes, there is cheese, cliches, tropes, and groaners...but You can see the intention and purpose of the filmmakers and their reasoning. To be honest, some of it was clever and inventive.

The mind-numbing part is the actual time-travel and temporal havoc in the first half. Thank goodness it plays out toward the end but damn it was confusing as ****.

Just so you know, there IS a mid-credits scene!

*Edit - I'd give it a solid 7/10. There are worse movies rated higher than 70%. RT baffles me sometimes.

Ever since the original, people have been clamoring for a Terminator movie that takes place during the war against the machines, but all we keep getting is attempt after attempt to re-do the lead-up to it, often changing events and mythology along the way.

I am not sure what the studios don't get about the scenes from T1/T2 featuring the actual War being what people want, but as the entire movie.

And IMO, the original Terminator is still the best one.  T2 had a lot of awesome stuff in it, and I would still rank it as "great" but the original is in that "special" category to me.

Ever since the original, people have been clamoring for a Terminator movie that takes place during the war against the machines, 

This.  We want THIS.  ****ing Hollywood :(

Man, I know not having been old enough to appreciate T1 when it released probably has a lot to do with it, but T2 is my fave.  Not by much, though.  I guess if you take into account the originality of the first one, not having seen any movie like that before, I can see why T1 is many folks' favorite.  We have Arnold, who can't be bargained with.  Can't reasoned with.  Doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until Sarah are dead."  That's pretty flippin' creepy.  T2 gives us friendly Arnold, and a creepy dude made out of liquid metal.  Bigger budget, better action, but a concept (a killer thing from the future) we've already seen.

I wasn't aware that there was a 7 year break in between T1 and T2.  fans of the original Terminator must've been stoked when T2 was announced.

Archived