Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terminator Fans: Prepare to Puke

d0ublestr0ker0ll

So, anybody remember the first GoT actress to play Sarah Connor?

I will give you a hint - she's a natural brunette who plays a blonde on the show.

I saw a few episodes of the TV series. Not bad. That show gave me the hots for Lena Headey, though. She looks amazing with dark hair.

You know....I'm cool with not seeing a bunch of robots battle people. Saw it in the Matrix and a dozen other movies. I'm cool.

disagree here.  Now there's no way Hollywood would get a movie like that right in this day and age.

But the original Terminator that showed the future...those scenes were awesome.  that pick up truck with a laser gun, battling skynet airplanes.  the rubber-skin early T800s infiltrating the underground resistance base and letting lose with a laser minigun.  that's the **** i yearn for from Terminator.  Not a 70 year old Arnold jumping out of helicopters.  **** outta here with that

T1 is far greater and more significant to me than T2.

Well when you word it that way, I have no choice but to agree.  T1 "meant" a lot more to the movie industry than T2 did.   the "big bad robot from the future" had never been done so well at that point in time.

again, had I been old enough to see T1 in theaters, I'd probably like it more.  But T2 was probably the first rated R movie my dad ever took me to (had just turned 9), and from the opening scene when the skull gets crushed by a metalhead t800 to when arnold gave his thumbs up, i was jaw-dropped.  I've never been so overwhelmed by a movie in my life.   haven't since, and dont' know if I ever will...

again, had I been old enough to see T1 in theaters, I'd probably like it more.  But T2 was probably the first rated R movie my dad ever took me to (had just turned 9), and from the opening scene when the skull gets crushed by a metalhead t800 to when arnold gave his thumbs up, i was jaw-dropped.  I've never been so overwhelmed by a movie in my life.   haven't since, and dont' know if I ever will...

That's crazy. It's almost like re-reading my experience with the movie.. only I didn't write it haha.

I have a free movie ticket and I'm going to head out and see it tonight. I don't care about the reviews. I'll go and be the judge of it myself.

That's crazy. It's almost like re-reading my experience with the movie.. only I didn't write it haha.

I have a free movie ticket and I'm going to head out and see it tonight. I don't care about the reviews. I'll go and be the judge of it myself.

It looked horrible when it was announced.  But after learning more about the direction they are taking the story, I can imagine it is cheesy but a lot better than originally thought.

But it's not nearly as good as T1.

Not NEARLY? I totally prefer T2, there are so many more iconic scenes and instances. Every damn scene is badass it seems. Arnie, T-1000 and Sarah are all bad mother****ers. The story is super extensive and transitions ridiculously smoothly. The stigma of having a big budget has never bothered me, or been a handicap for T1 when comparing the two movies. Straight up, I'd choose T2 over it without a second thought.

I remember when T2 was always herelded as the better movie, it's like it's become cool to like the first one more. It's funny to me that it's so highly rated on RT, I'm like "who are all these hipsters?"

Don't get me wrong, I love it, but at the risk of sounding cliche', T2 has an epic tone to it, it's all over the place. T1 is dreary, has a simpler storyline, definitely not as good in the dialog department. I mean if it weren't for the police station scene being so amazing, it wouldn't even be a contest for me.

The metal endoskeleton at the end is ferocious, even if it's painfully obvious stop-motion. The car chase scenes are good too, even if they're obviously sped up to make it look like they're going faster. I prefer the skeletons from the T2 war scenes (see avatar) and the chases in the motorcycle/police van in the second one a lot more than the chases in T1.

In recent years I've seen a lot of disregard for T2, and it baffles me.

T2 brought that stop motion skeleton to life, this moment will always send chills down my spine:

giphy+(5).gif

Terminator 3 is not garbage. It's cheesy and fun and has a kick-ass ending. 2.5 to 3 stars, easy.

There are some scenes in it that are good. The graveyard scene for instance...that **** is pretty rad. When she shoots Arnie in the face and he says, "don't do dat", it definitely brings the old Terminator feels back. Then when he's carrying the casket,

The ending, on the other hand, I don't care for. When he keeps switching back and forth on whether or not to kill John and Jane (or whatever her name is), then bashes a car to seemingly release the frustration from his bi polar episode, I cringe. And beyond that, the ending is mundane relative to the previous two movies. I won't even get started on T3. It's not all hot garbage, but it is clearly the bad seed of the trilogy.

It's interesting because I grew up on T2. I saw it at the drive-in when I was a kid before I had ever seen the original.  So my first exposure to the series was Arnold as a good guy.  It was my dad's reaction to that being someone off that made me want to seek out the original. 

The original to me is Sci-Fi horror at it's finest and when James Cameron was still at his peak as far as not just special effects but actually directing too. Arnold as the Terminator was so menacing and the fact that Kyle Reese was Sarah's only protection there was the perfect tone of doom & gloom throughout the entire movie.  Kyle's outlook on everything, knowing what was coming gave the movie the right hopeless feeling. You see, stopping the Terminator wasn't going to change anything in the long run. It would merely allow already laid history to take place. There was no happy ending coming regardless if they defeated the Terminator or not. I also wish they would have left in the deleted scene at the end of one of the engineers recovering the severed Terminator arm, even though I fully acknowledge it wasn't necessary at the time.

Terminator 2, while still highly enjoyable has a completely different tone. With a Terminator on the side of the Connor's you don't have the same feeling of dread and hopelessness. The world of John Connor was not nearly as dark as a Sarah Connor living in the city trying to make ends meet as a waitress.  John Connor instead came off more like a bit of an ungrateful little sh*t. I think Terminator 2 also began the "Watch these special effects we can do, oh yeah and here is the movie that goes with it" era of Cameron. All those scenes with John and the Terminator where John is trying to make him more "human-like" were kind of funny when I was a kid, but re-visting the movie as an adult, I don't understand the need for them and think they should just be completely cut from the movie. Not really needed at all. It just came off as trying to appeal to a wider audience, trying to remove it from being such a heavy genre film like the original. Pandering.

disagree here. Now there's no way Hollywood would get a movie like that right in this day and age.

But the original Terminator that showed the future...those scenes were awesome. that pick up truck with a laser gun, battling skynet airplanes. the rubber-skin early T800s infiltrating the underground resistance base and letting lose with a laser minigun. that's the **** i yearn for from Terminator. Not a 70 year old Arnold jumping out of helicopters. **** outta here with that

The pickup truck is from T2. I agree though, a full blown war against the machines movie would probably kick ass.

They made a 10 or 20 minute clip for the Universal Studios theme park back in the day. One of those 3D joints where you'd kind of feel like you're inside the movie scene. Arnie, Furlong and Robert Patrick were the only 3 actors in it, so it wasn't really a full blown war, but it was set in the future nuclear wasteland, and they fought some new machines. One of them was a T-1,000,000. Yes, a T-One Million.

I can't find a quality, beginning to end video of it on youtube, but it should be out there somewhere in internet land.

Terminator         100%

Terminator 2      92%

Terminator 3      70%

Terminator 4      33%

Terminator 5      23%

T1 got higher ratings than T2? Is that right?

Terminator 2 is better than Terminator 1 in all departments, from character developments, story-line, graphics. Possibly the best action ever made.

I know it was 1984 for T1, but they could have done a better job with Terminator walking in the factory. Even as a kid, i thought it looked bad.

The pickup truck is from T2. I agree though, a full blown war against the machines movie would probably kick ass.

They made a 10 or 20 minute clip for the Universal Studios theme park back in the day. One of those 3D joints where you'd kind of feel like you're inside the movie scene. Arnie, Furlong and Robert Patrick were the only 3 actors in it, so it wasn't really a full blown war, but it was set in the future nuclear wasteland, and they fought some new machines. One of them was a T-1,000,000. Yes, a T-One Million.

I can't find a quality, beginning to end video of it on youtube, but it should be out there somewhere in internet land.

Thats what I thought Salvation would turn into. But nooooo, they wanna continue the same Back From The Future crap, apparently.. And I disagree vehememntly with some of creative saying people wouldn't enjoy that storyline, or that it would be "Boring.". You give it a good script, good characters and good actors, you can make anything look good.

They just don't care anymore.

T1 got higher ratings than T2? Is that right?

Terminator 2 is better than Terminator 1 in all departments, from character developments, story-line, graphics. Possibly the best action ever made.

I know it was 1984 for T1, but they could have done a better job with Terminator walking in the factory. Even as a kid, i thought it looked bad.

I agree. T2 is better than T1. And I love both.

It's interesting because I grew up on T2. I saw it at the drive-in when I was a kid before I had ever seen the original. So my first exposure to the series was Arnold as a good guy. It was my dad's reaction to that being someone off that made me want to seek out the original.

The original to me is Sci-Fi horror at it's finest and when James Cameron was still at his peak as far as not just special effects but actually directing too. Arnold as the Terminator was so menacing and the fact that Kyle Reese was Sarah's only protection there was the perfect tone of doom & gloom throughout the entire movie. Kyle's outlook on everything, knowing what was coming gave the movie the right hopeless feeling. You see, stopping the Terminator wasn't going to change anything in the long run. It would merely allow already laid history to take place. There was no happy ending coming regardless if they defeated the Terminator or not. I also wish they would have left in the deleted scene at the end of one of the engineers recovering the severed Terminator arm, even though I fully acknowledge it wasn't necessary at the time.

Terminator 2, while still highly enjoyable has a completely different tone. With a Terminator on the side of the Connor's you don't have the same feeling of dread and hopelessness. The world of John Connor was not nearly as dark as a Sarah Connor living in the city trying to make ends meet as a waitress. John Connor instead came off more like a bit of an ungrateful little sh*t. I think Terminator 2 also began the "Watch these special effects we can do, oh yeah and here is the movie that goes with it" era of Cameron. All those scenes with John and the Terminator where John is trying to make him more "human-like" were kind of funny when I was a kid, but re-visting the movie as an adult, I don't understand the need for them and think they should just be completely cut from the movie. Not really needed at all. It just came off as trying to appeal to a wider audience, trying to remove it from being such a heavy genre film like the original. Pandering.

Chill out, dickwad.

Nah, jk. I still think that scene is hilarious, and it set up "hasta la vista, baby." I don't think the special effects were the main focus. The liquid metal is obviously the star of the special effects, but it was a necessary and tasteful aspect of the film. I'm having a hard time thinking of other special effects in the movie. Think the story was a lot more significant.

And Furlong being a rebellious little ungrateful bastage is a huge gripe I always hear about. It's fine with me though, he's an early teenager who didn't know his dad and thinks his mom is a complete psycho. A crapload of kids act like him, and they end up maturing through tough experiences, albeit not quite as tough as he had to go through. It made sense, and besides, after the mall scene early in the movie, the brattiness all but went away.

Also, the fact that the T-1000 seemed so much more advanced than Arnie made the disadvantage seem just as significant as having Kyle Reese, the top soldier from the future war, protecting Sarah. In other words, the difference between super soldier Reese and T-800, is about the difference between T-800 and T-1000. Hell, T-1000, and the audience watching for the first time, pretty much thought Arnold was dead after T-1000 stabbed him with the pole. If it wasn't for his backup battery, T2 Arnie would've had less success against T-1000 than Reese did against T-800. At least Reese blew the Terminator in half for Sarah to finish the job.

*sticking to his guns*

I also think the score for T1 is better. 

Hahahaha.

I think both scores fit each movie perfectly. T1 was more of a futuristic sci-fi deadly stalker movie, and T2 was more epic, end of the world prophecy mass destruction-ish

*sticking to his guns*

I also think the score for T1 is better.

Hahahaha.

The music in both movies simply kicks ass. T1's synth is perfect for the dark, twisted feel of the movie. T2's acoustic powerhouse percussion-heavy music is some of my favorite music in any movie though. Just another reason why it's my favorite flick.

As would yours, if you were a robot covered with skin.

So why is it back in this latest Terminator? Maybe I need to see the movie. I just really keep waffling like Brett Favre on going to see it. I think part of the issues I had with the trailer is watching John Connor's father go back in time and start acting like the damsel in distress instead of Sarah. Dude is supposed to be a solider, why is he acting like the biggest civilian loser in this trailer? I get it, Hollywood. You want to depict independent, powerful women in movies now....nothing wrong with that. But do we have to emasculate the male lead to prop her up?  

Welp.. glad I don't pay attention to reviews. I actually enjoyed it.

So why is it back in this latest Terminator?

It's explained... and it makes sense.

Dude is supposed to be a solider, why is he acting like the biggest civilian loser in this trailer

I think there were a few scenes in the movie that they could have used in the trailer to make it seem that way. Dude could definitely hold his own.

You may not like it but trust me, the questions you're asking are definitely answered.

VERY. lol

I shall endeavour to watch them over the weekend, 

Just for you. 

But be warned. I'm going join with my assertion that All American/ World/ Universe Superstar Hero Chuck Norris would of kicked Arnies ass back to wherever these things come from! So they'd better be bad ass or I'mma looking at YOU Sir!

Hail. 

Archived