Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terminator Fans: Prepare to Puke

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Were you aware of the main plot twist going in having seen the trailer that released right before the movie came out that ruined things for the sole purpose of the marketing department panicing and trying to get butts in seats? Or did you go into the movie fresh? Even the director of the film wasnt happy about that trailer reveal and took some shots at the marketing department. I can already say ill probably enjoy the movie less having seen that stupid trailer, unaware they would do something that stupid. Takes the big surprise out of the movie. Ridiculous.

I wasn't actually. I assume you're talking about the newest version of a Terminator and the character that plays him (that's my best at not spoiling it for others). I liked that twist, but yeah I would've hated seeing that ahead of time.

I wasn't actually. I assume you're talking about the newest version of a Terminator and the character that plays him (that's my best at not spoiling it for others). I liked that twist, but yeah I would've hated seeing that ahead of time.

Yup that's the one, all over the newest trailer that released right before the movie to ruin it for anyone that saw it.

Just looked it up and watched the newest trailer. I would have been pissed if I saw that without seeing the movie first. Ridiculous.

Just looked it up and watched the newest trailer. I would have been pissed if I saw that without seeing the movie first. Ridiculous.

Right!?!? That's such a major part of the movie too, it's no wonder critics and other people are rating the movie low. I never expected this movie to be on par with the first two, but I'm sure ill enjoy it in some capacity as I like 3 & 4.

Ok, just got through the first one. 

Yeah, uhmmm, yeah ..... Very 'meh.' Now, were this 1984, I would probably be HOLA! But it isn't, and for what Cameron has gone on to do, yeah .....

Time to make me a samich, grab a soda or 2, and move onto T2. (Feel like I'm in an airport.). 

The bar is currently low so expectations are high. Jim had 7 years and Aliens and the Abyss to reach the hype y'all have sold me on. 

'I'll be back' ...... 

Hail. 

Ok, just got through the first one.

Yeah, uhmmm, yeah ..... Very 'meh.' Now, were this 1984, I would probably be HOLA! But it isn't, and for what Cameron has gone on to do, yeah .....

Time to make me a samich, grab a soda or 2, and move onto T2. (Feel like I'm in an airport.).

The bar is currently low so expectations are high. Jim had 7 years and Aliens and the Abyss to reach the hype y'all have sold me on.

'I'll be back' ......

Hail.

So disappoint, SMH :(

Did you feel nothing when the Terminator attacked the precinct? Sarah's look and emotions of fear and hopelessness when the car crashes through the front door and shakes the building? A place of safety and her protectors got blown away?

I just rewatched it last night and imo, still holds up very well. Yes the effects are dated, but EVERYTHING from 1984 is dated lol.

'I'll be back' ...... 

Hail.

My suggestion? Before you watch T2, watch the original teaser trailer.

I think it's the best trailer I've ever seen. The only thing it tells you, about the movie, is that it's Terminator, and that Arnold's in it. (Which was really big news, at the time, but I'm sure you already know.)

Yeah, but I think the one thing T1 has over T2 was the newness of it in 1984.

T2 is definitely the better made, more polished film. However, you kind of knew where it was going, and what the terminator was capable of.

When the T-1000 was blown apart covered in liquid nitrogen, you knew it wasn't the end of him.

You weren't sure in T1. A great scene was the oil truck "finale". The oil truck is blown apart. Cameron does a great job here of playing with the audience, and giving this scene a "ending" feel. Connor is wandering through the wreckage. Reese makes his way out of his hiding place. They wander till they find each other. The music swells up. They cuddle as the wreckage burns and fade-away, finale music starts to play.

Suddenly the wreckage bursts open, and there is the terminator again, sans skin, coming after them, and the chase is on again.

I remember seeing that scene the first time, and thinking 'Damn, he is still coming after them'. :)

It was nicely done. I think the newness of T1 helps it.

Flashing forward to the future several times, I think, helps it too. :)

I disagree. T1 did bring some level of freshness, but it was nothing compared to T2. How many movies were remotely like T2 before 1991? It was a big jump for Arnold going from Total Recall in 1990 to T2 in 1991 and Total Recall is a good movie. imo.

I always felt T2 introduced the new era. Not hating on T1, love the movie as well. 

Ok, NOW y'all have me. 

T2 ROCKED!

How this is even open to debate is beyond me. Judgement Day kicks the Terminators ass all the way to 2029 and back again. In EVERY facet!

WAY better script. WAY better stunts and effects. WAY better storyline. It had humour. The switch on the T-101 from evil to hero was brilliant. To make you feel empathy with the thing that just wouldn't die the first flick as it destroyed everything in it's path to reach it's goal ..... Unless I missed something, the only thing it actually killed was the T-1000 in the finale. Brilliant. 

Jim sure did hone his craft and then some in the 7 years between flicks. 

T2 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY UP here ^

T1 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down here wondering how it spawned something SO superior. 

I need another samwich and more soda as I'm pumped!

Tomorrow I shall continue the saga. 

Hail. 

*Edit* And another thing. The poster for JD even kicks TT ass!

I just bought T2: Special Edition on Vudu for $9.99..........why?  BECAUSE IT ****ING ROCKS!   :P

Seriously, we probably own this movie in 5 different versions lol.

I am GHH. until around 5 hours ago Terminator virgin; and I FULLY endorse this message. 

****ING ROCKS!

Hail. 

I just bought T2: Special Edition on Vudu for $9.99..........why? BECAUSE IT ****ING ROCKS! :P

Seriously, we probably own this movie in 5 different versions lol.

That's my favorite version. Behind the scenes and other features. They left the deleted scene in it too, where they take Arnold's chip out. I hadn't seen that until I bought that DVD 10 or so years ago. I was like...W...T...F is this!? When she slams that hammer tho....

That's my favorite version. Behind the scenes and other features. They left the deleted scene in it too, where they take Arnold's chip out. I hadn't seen that until I bought that DVD 10 or so years ago. I was like...W...T...F is this!? When she slams that hammer tho....

That's a deleted scene?

Huh, guess I just watched the special edition without knowing it. Bonus! Loved the frozen look on Arnie's face when he was powered down. 

Hail. 

That's a deleted scene?

Huh, guess I just watched the special edition without knowing it. Bonus! Loved the frozen look on Arnie's face when he was powered down.

Hail.

The scene where John is teaching Arnold how to smile was deleted too. Same with the scene where Sarah dreams of Kyle in her hospital room. One scene that wasn't part of the special edition movie was where T-1000 scans John's room. Apparently Cameron thought it was so pointless that it didn't even make the "unedited" version.

Second half of this video is the alternate ending to the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzuUZdBxcg0

I'm glad they didn't use that alternate ending. Also, in the original script, Sarah asks the terminator if he's scared before she lowers him down into the molten steel and he says, "yes". Glad they took that out too. That's another problem I had with this new movie… they humanized the terminator too much.

Archived