Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 helps student get prom date

Fan since a Fetus

Go ahead and prove me wrong guys.

I thought everyone wanted RG3 to stay out of the limelight?

You're a special kind of stupid aren't you?

It's absolutely sickening that you would use this thread about a boy with cerebral palsy to push your anti-RGIII agenda. GTFO or start your own haters thread, don't spam this one.

What some were arguing against were more commercials, documentaries, or long projects that took his mind off football.

I don't think anyone was bemoaning an afternoon of doing a good deed.

In other words, you're wrong.

Hi there. :)

We're going to take a break from your thread derailing for a week simply because the People need a break from you. When you come, if you demonstrate this isn't the place for you, we'll be ok with that. :)

I honestly do get choked up watching these kind of stories in live feed.

I really do believe in RG3 and what he represents for the African American culture because I see myself in him... I honestly do not know how to handle the cameras well but I am driven to leave behind a legacy.

This is what you see here.

In my work (as well as personal life) I have been so moved so often by such wonderful people. They are truly heroic to me and often so full of life in the face of great adversity. It sure inspires me. I love seeing this---wonderful post.

Very touching. Props to the girl. It was a very nice gesture on RGIII's part regardless of what anyone says or might say.

The girl deserves a ton of credit. Cute girl, she could probably have had her pick of boys to go to Prom with, and she asked out a non-verbal friend, and did an outstanding deed.

What RGIII did was cool, added a little pizaz, but honestly, even if RGIII hadn't been there, and she'd asked him to Prom, that would have just been an unbelievable thing to do for a friend.

What RGIII did was cool, added a little pizaz, but honestly, even if RGIII hadn't been there, and she'd asked him to Prom, that would have just been an unbelievable thing to do for a friend.

Totally agree here, and I should have made mention of her in the original post. I question whether or not this would have happened in my school. I like to think that it would have, but I seriously doubt it.

Honestly, I don't think I would have done it. I was totally selfish back then. Would I do it today, without a doubt! But, I am about to be 36 now, not 17. As I get older I get a little more misty eyed and sentimental.

I hear so much negativity in the world today, it is nice to sit back and watch people having a positive impact, not caring about themselves, and focusing on others.

The intrinsic feelings RG3 must get from acts like this has to be similar to a drug.

This story too, about Robert this week: 

When you see Robert Griffin III wearing a gray wristband this season, understand that there's an important meaning behind it.

For Griffin it will be a subtle and constant gesture to the family of Ne'Vaeh Littleton, an 8-year-old boy who died of brain cancer last Friday, only a few days before he was supposed to go to a Redskins practice and meet the quarterback.

"Had some special guests at practice today!" Griffin wrote
. "Check it out... On April 22, 2013, Ne'Vaeh, an eight year old-high energy little boy, had his world turned upside down. Ne'Vaeh was diagnosed with a very rare brain cancer called Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG) and soon found out he was in Stage 4 of it. Incurable. Instead of shutting down, this young gift from God and his family continued to live life to the fullest and raise awareness for DIPG. Last week I was told that Ne'Vaeh was a huge Redskins fan and I was his favorite player. So we invited him to come check out practice and meet everybody. That practice was today.... I received a call yesterday informing me that Ne'Vaeh had been called up to heaven on Friday... Ne'Vaeh's family came to practice in his honor and as I begin to express my sadness for his passing I was stopped. They told me he was no longer suffering and in a better place. They gave me the band you see at the bottom of this picture and I made a promise. I promise you Ne'Vaeh that I will wear this band all season and dedicate our first touchdown in your honor. #WalkingByFaithWithNeVaeh"

http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/5/30/5764460/rgiii-takes-time-out-to-help

RGIII has proven to me, not that he had to, that he is a special guy with great character.  People have every right to have questions about football related issues with him (though, I truly hope he answers most if not all of those questions this season).  However, people really need to back off on questioning his character.  I know the idiots at PFT and ESPN won't, because they are clueless to begin with, but fans should wake up.

Yeah, because sifting through tons of garbage facebook posts from all the people on my friendslist (and im sure everyone else has to do the same) about complete nonsense and total look at me posts...... Griffin actually posts something of substance and worth reading and it's attention whoring. Right.

*Edit* Saw he got the Hi There. Nevermind.

Archived