Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 helps student get prom date

Fan since a Fetus

This dude is awesome. I really respect him. If he never becomes the QB we need him to, I am forever a fan as long as he continues to be a great person. I root for him more than any other player in the past. He doesn't have the championships and dominating records that Manning, Brady, and Brees has, but he has heart, drive, and because he is such a great person he is my favorite player in the NFL currently.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/05/30/dnt-cerebral-palsy-student-meets-robert-griffin-iii-and-gets-prom-date.wjla.html

In light of the tragedies of last week, it was very refreshing to see these young people doing nice things for each other.

Teared up as well. The joy on Juwanns face when they came through the breakthrough was awesome. Bless those involved.

I saw the video the other day and I shed a tear or two. The whole thing, was amazing. The compassion shown by everyone, especially the young lady was impressive. For RGIII to make time for this shows the classy type person he is, regardless of what people outside the Redskins organization and family want to say or think.

It's nice to see members of our future generation that get it, truly get it. 

He did it all for the attention. Hence why he posted on his own social media outlet

I really hope thats sarcasm... Cause if its not i really wonder why you are even here.

Probably not sarcasm.  I looked at his posting history, and it's not a pretty picture.  It's filled with fail - smart ass comments, insults directed at well-respected posters... not much redeeming content there.

Glad to see the positive vibe from this.  I honestly don't know how people are going to react when it comes to RG3.  I know someone somewhere is trashing him for this.

Of course, it takes a special kind of stupid to hate on this story.   

Edit: Just saw Dan T.'s post.  I thought Binton was being sarcastic.  If true, see the above sentence.

Probably not sarcasm.  I looked at his posting history, and it's not a pretty picture.  It's filled with fail - smart ass comments, insults directed at long time posters... not much redeeming content there.

If that's true the dude is a waste of human flesh who is just fouling our air. Just not sure how anyone can see this as anything but good for all involved. It amazes me the incredible hate blinders some people have.

More than likely it'll be discussed on 980 on The Sports Fix, with more of the usual from Loverro and Sheehan. Not that I'll be listening this time

I think it would be hard to criticize this particular move as selfish. I think even Kevin and Tom know where the Boundry is and getting on a guy for this would be out of line.

I understand the point that RGIII should just be quiet for a while, but you can't jump on a guy for this. The logo stuff and the twitter stuff is fair game. I think if you criticize this, you'll look petty

Go ahead and prove me wrong guys.

I thought everyone wanted RG3 to stay out of the limelight?

Wow... you don't get it.  And it's really sad.

When Aaron Rodgers does something like this, do you feel the same way? (not race baiting you at all - just from an "attention" stand point)

Archived