Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 staying out of the limelight

AlldaySkins

I just hope RG3 & Addidas realize the risk of doing this type of thing. This wouldn't be such a hot topic when you're winning games and performing at a superstar level. If RG3 or the team struggles, it could backfire and cause unnecessary damage. [/size]

[/size]

Cause unnecessary damage? We've sucked for twenty years now, most of the damage has already been done.

“In my opinion, we play a game that’s America’s game and there’s a lot of eyes on you, a lot of people just want to pick you apart. No matter what you do, they are going to find the wrong in what you do and forget about the good things.”

-Trent Williams

He was talking about Jackson, but I think it applies here too.

Mike Shanahan a guy who gave us our first 3-13 season in Redskins history, leaks reports to the media that the reason the Redskins were terrible wasn't because of him it was because the franchise QB is selfish and buddy buddy with the owner.....

So some Redskin fans actually believe that rat face snake Mike Shanahan at his word to the point they call their own QB selfish and all about himself? The same guy who ran our franchise to the ground and hasn't been an elite coach since John Elway retired?

The media could tell you guys Ryan Kerrigan is a member of the bloods and Desean Jackson and Kerrigan had an all out brawl because of their gang ties and some of you guys would actually believe it hahaha

Please use common sense for once, what benefit does Mike Shanahan have leaking false reports about RGIII? Simple he want's to be a HOF coach and the recent hack job he had in DC could prevent that from happening. 

Actually his first shoe came out about 3-4 years before he sniffed a championship

Fine, but he was a top NBA player w/ scoring titles, or one of the top scorers in the game. You can't compare Jordan early in his career to RG3. It's not even close.

Mike Shanahan a guy who gave us our first 3-13 season in Redskins history, leaks reports to the media that the reason the Redskins were terrible wasn't because of him it was because the franchise QB is selfish and buddy buddy with the owner.....

So some Redskin fans actually believe that rat face snake Mike Shanahan at his word to the point they call their own QB selfish and all about himself? The same guy who ran our franchise to the ground and hasn't been an elite coach since John Elway retired?

The media could tell you guys Ryan Kerrigan is a member of the bloods and Desean Jackson and Kerrigan had an all out brawl because of their gang ties and some of you guys would actually believe it hahaha

Please use common sense for once, what benefit does Mike Shanahan have leaking false reports about RGIII? Simple he want's to be a HOF coach and the recent hack job he had in DC could prevent that from happening. 

I agree with you about Shanahan to a point. Shanahan leaking stories to the media was BS.  But RG3 is not w/out blame. He basically backed is head coach into a corner and forced the issue about playing week one...with his tv marketing campaign, and his stupid documentary about his comeback, which was another marketing piece in itself.. and his warm up tee shirts. I'm surprised he didn't put a marketing piece on his knee brace. The dude just can't get enough of himself.  

So long as he regains form and produces, all of this other noise will go away. A sub par season followed up with an off-season. I agree with Bang's entire reply to this subject, well stated!...I'm doing that a lot lately. The fact that people take shots at or have a problem with the fact the man has endorsements like subway, etc. is lunacy. It doesn't take that much time out of his schedule and the young man is beyond dedicated and a hard worker at his craft.

Fine, but he was a top NBA player w/ scoring titles, or one of the top scorers in the game. You can't compare Jordan early in his career to RG3. It's not even close.

Early in their careers? Absolutely you can.  It's an ideal comparison.

Both were the second overall pick in their league drafts.  Both had amazing rookie seasons.    Both had national endorsements.Both received criticism for the amount of attention they were receiving (NBA vets, led by Isaiah Thomas, froze the upstart Jordan out at the NBA all-star game). Both had their second seasons damaged by injuries.  

Comparing their early careers is a legitimate comparion.

Early in their careers? Absolutely you can.  It's an ideal comparison.

Both were the second overall pick in their league drafts.  Both had amazing rookie seasons.    Both had national endorsements.Both received criticism for the amount of attention they were receiving (NBA vets, led by Isaiah Thomas, froze the upstart Jordan out at the NBA all-star game). Both had their second seasons damaged by injuries.  

Comparing their early careers is a legitimate comparion.

I agree with everything... but, Jordan was the 3rd overall pick, not the 2nd.  Hakeem the Dream went to the Rockets; Sam Bowie went to the Blazers (lmao) and MJ went to the Bulls.

I agree with you about Shanahan to a point. Shanahan leaking stories to the media was BS.  But RG3 is not w/out blame. He basically backed is head coach into a corner and forced the issue about playing week one...with his tv marketing campaign, and his stupid documentary about his comeback, which was another marketing piece in itself.. and his warm up tee shirts. I'm surprised he didn't put a marketing piece on his knee brace. The dude just can't get enough of himself.  

Do you actually think Mike Shanahan wasn't going to play RGIII regardless? The guy (Shanahan) has been a failure since he's been here and the only player that gave Shanahan a glimmer of relevance was RGIII.

Listen Mike Shanahan wasn't going to sit RGIII whether he was healthy or not because that was his race horse. Your job as a football coach is to win games and with the terrible job Shanahan had done of late he was banking on RGIII to win him some ball games.

When RGIII got hurt in the Seattle game he figured "Jesus this roster I created is horrible and with RGIII in jeopardy of playing next year I should probably resign"

That's where the reports about him wanted to resign because "Snyder and RGIII were buddy buddy came from"

The truth is Shanny wanted to resign because his race horse had an ACL injury and he's too much of a coward to be a man of his word so he created this false report about RGIII and threw the kid under the bus.

I mean this is the same "Superbowl winning" coach who was ready to give up at 3-6 lol

The point of the matter is even though Mcnabb is a bum, he was right, Shanny has an ego problem. 

Fine, but he was a top NBA player w/ scoring titles, or one of the top scorers in the game. You can't compare Jordan early in his career to RG3. It's not even close.

Well actually.... Lol

The AJ1 dropped in 85. A year after his dominant rookie year (sound familiar?). You know what happens in MJ's second year? He missed over 60 games with a broken foot before coming back for the playoffs .

Hate to be that guy but yeah brah , their first few years aren't that dissimilar in their first two years (and I'm such a MJ Stan that I still buy his retro shoes to this day)

Fine, but he was a top NBA player w/ scoring titles, or one of the top scorers in the game. You can't compare Jordan early in his career to RG3. It's not even close.

No he wasn't. Just like RG3, he was injured for majority of his second season too.

I see BOTWP93 beat me to it..

I just hope RG3 & Addidas realize the risk of doing this type of thing. This wouldn't be such a hot topic when you're winning games and performing at a superstar level. If RG3 or the team struggles, it could backfire and cause unnecessary damage.

Adidas definitely recognizes the risk,  shoe companies routinely sponsor athletes and if they hit on one, they stand to make a ton of cash.. Michael Jordan has made plenty on Nike, but Nike has made MUCH more on him.

they don't bet to lose if they can help it.

if he doesn't win a Super Bowl, it only causes damage among the Kardashian Kulture. Who else cares except the drama queens who live for controversy and failure?

because their criticism would be either "who does he think he is?"- well, we know who he is, and so does every other football fan on the planet.

OR

"He wastes too much time worrying about logos and what-not when he should be studyin' the playbook".. which would indicate a person too stupid to deal with on a reasonable level.

Anyone with any sense recognizes that the people who have deals like this don't really do much. In fact, they are expected to do everything to excel on the field, because the success of the shoe company's investment is reliant upon it.

Yelling and causing controversy about this is only media bull**** directed to stampede the idiots. Their world is driven by clicks.

The way to look at this is not "Will this cause a distraction" because the answer is not only no, but, lol, holy crap no, i can't believe you said that, maybe you shouldn't be driving.

the way to look at this is "So what. The folks complaining about this are wasting more time from their own jobs worrying over it and posting blogs about it than he ever did, and it's his company."

~Bang

Archived