Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 staying out of the limelight

AlldaySkins

Get ready for the mediots to go nutz about this logo crap. Anytime PFT puts up a condescending headline about RGIII the "RGme" a-holes come out of the woodwork.

I was reading the comments on Florio's s**t stirring piece about the logo and just cannot believe or understand the hate for Griffin. Why is he such a villain to people.

I was reading the comments on Florio's s**t stirring piece about the logo and just cannot believe or understand the hate for Griffin. Why is he such a villain to people.

Everybody always needs someone to hate. Truth is no one was hating on him his rookie season when he performed. He just has to prove all the doubters wrong. I'm not sure what he has done to warrant this kind of disrespect, but I have full faith he will shut everybody up this upcoming season. I avoid reading any article that looks like it's going to bash him as Robert should avoid too.

We know RG's name is a click generator, so the pointless articles and hate filled comment sections are becoming normal and expected.   Like others have mentioned if we win this stuff is piontless,if we lose a lot games next year the logo will be "the root cause" of our problems.

Btw, I like Griffin's business sense. Even though he hasn't accomplished much in the NFL, the league treats his name that way. So might as well capitalize (cash) on it while he can.

That article and those comments are un-****ing-real.

Like seriously?? 

Dude cannot win. People HATE him. I don't get it. At all

People don't like guys with crossover appeal. We're both wrestling fans, so think of it like this. Remember when Stone Cold walked out on the company? Just straight up quit? Remember the outpouring of support he got, even after reports surfaced about him beating Debra?

Then fastforward a few months to when the Rock went on hiatus after SummerSlam, and was called "Sellout" all throughout the match, and booed out of the building, simply for furthering his career.

The NFL is one of the last bastions of stereotypical manliness. We like guys that play hard, say very little, and like pounding down beers. People don't want to hear their opinions (even with others encourage them to speak). They don't like commercials, because to them it seems like the player doesn't take their craft seriously (I mean damn if a dude wants to make more money and set himself up good in the future). They like being able to tell a guy when he should speak, what he should say, how he should say it, how much he's worth, etc. When a player like Griffin doesn't do that, it makes them angry. Its jealousy. Jealousy and insecurity.

Then you have the media (and our previous coach) who helped spin  a narrative that fits their agenda. He is a lightning rod, therefore people stand to profit more from negativity than positivity. Hate sells.

People don't like guys with crossover appeal. We're both wrestling fans, so think of it like this. Remember when Stone Cold walked out on the company? Just straight up quit? Remember the outpouring of support he got, even after reports surfaced about him beating Debra?

Then fastforward a few months to when the Rock went on hiatus after SummerSlam, and was called "Sellout" all throughout the match, and booed out of the building, simply for furthering his career.

The NFL is one of the last bastions of stereotypical manliness. We like guys that play hard, say very little, and like pounding down beers. People don't want to hear their opinions (even with others encourage them to speak). They don't like commercials, because to them it seems like the player doesn't take their craft seriously (I mean damn if a dude wants to make more money and set himself up good in the future). They like being able to tell a guy when he should speak, what he should say, how he should say it, how much he's worth, etc. When a player like Griffin doesn't do that, it makes them angry. Its jealousy. Jealousy and insecurity.

Then you have the media (and our previous coach) who helped spin  a narrative that fits their agenda. He is a lightning rod, therefore people stand to profit more from negativity than positivity. Hate sells.

You hit the nail on the head as always Mr. Sinister. Haters gonna hate, players gonna play. Game keeps on going.

Its simple, they're all frustrated because they were expecting something greater than a logo.

..but I'm sure theres gonna be more about giving back, like he set up some foundation/charity under this logo

From his tweets it sounds like a good majority of money will be going towards charity.

Judges, Judges??? No?? It wasn't funny?

Yeah sorry bro. Try again. 

I don't need to try again. If he has success this year, that's fantastic. If he doesn't, this is just one more crack in the veneer. He's already a major icon. It just seems like this is an unnecessary move for an individual that would benefit from letting his play speak for him instead of his marketing consultants.

Then again, for someone with a signature like yours, I wouldn't expect you to support someone unless their name was everywhere in neon lights.

I thought Rpbert was going to put his nose to the grindstone and have a great offseason but apparently he cant help himself. I hope we win this year because if we don't there will be blood.

How is he not working hard? Because addidas put together a logo means hes not working hard or focused? Offseason just started officially today have you lost hope already?

How is he not working hard? Because addidas put together a logo means hes not working hard or focused? Offseason just started officially today have you lost hope already?

I don't doubt the kid's work ethic at all and I know he works with adidas but this stuff is unnecessary. It should all be about the team. Period. That is my opinion at this point. The time for individuality isn't now. Brand logos are for later. Right now we need him to be putting every ounce of strength and will into being the best QB he can be and repairing any damaged relationships within the locker room from last season. If I was on the team and saw this logo business I would think nothing had changed from last year. Silence is golden.

As a Skins fan, do I care that he came out with a new logo? No.  As a football fan, do I find it funny that a guy coming off of a terrible season on a 3-13 team put out a new logo? Yes.

I thought Rpbert was going to put his nose to the grindstone and have a great offseason but apparently he cant help himself. I hope we win this year because if we don't there will be blood.

You're kidding me right?

We have photographic evidence and multiple reports of him organizing groups together to throw this off season. He's largely stayed out of the media, not giving interviews or sending texts to media types of anything like that......and because he posted a logo on instagram, one probably created by someone else and simply approved by him, he's not "putting his nose to the grindstone"?

What, were you expecting him to sleep 8 hours a day and be literally working out/playing football the other 16 hours every day? Jerry Rice was a notorious off season worker, even he wouldn't have done that kind of schedule.

This is a ridiculous response to the logo.

Should he have made it out as some kind of breaking news? No. But NOTHING about this suggests he's not been working hard this off season

Well people at Redskins Park don't have a lot of good memories when it comes to Louis Riddick .

Neither do the Eagles--in fact, Louis Riddick was part of the 2 biggest train wrecks in recent NFL memory: the Cerrato-lead Redskins and the Dream Team Eagles. I don't know how he constitutes as an "expert."

So do you think Griffin was actually putting in long hours on how to come up with this logo? He's been working with our receivers already and I don't think it's any coincidence that he revealed this the day before offseason workouts. Adidas would've been the one putting the work in on this and I'm sure the only part RG3 had in it is saying the logo looks good. Come on seriously.

I don't need to try again. If he has success this year, that's fantastic. If he doesn't, this is just one more crack in the veneer. He's already a major icon. It just seems like this is an unnecessary move for an individual that would benefit from letting his play speak for him instead of his marketing consultants.

Then again, for someone with a signature like yours, I wouldn't expect you to support someone unless their name was everywhere in neon lights.

The ****???

So if athlete is well known, that's a bad thing now?

Some of you guys really need to work on yourselves because you're coming off as jealous pricks. No other explanation.

You're gonna try to make a point against me because I have MJ and Jeter in my sig? Are you mad because they are icons? Does that bother you or something?

GTFO

Goddamn if this isn't the best post in this entire thread.

The ****???

So if athlete is well known, that's a bad thing now?

Some of you guys really need to work on yourselves because you're coming off as jealous pricks. No other explanation.

You're gonna try to make a point against me because I have MJ and Jeter in my sig? Are you mad because they are icons? Does that bother you or something?

GTFO

Jealous? Hardly. Skeptical? Absolutely.

To suggest I need to work on myself is confusing at best. Are you referring to the fact that I haven't been lifting weights lately? Sorry my fitness regimen isn't up to your standard. Am I mad? No. Am I a little bit hesitant to endorse an athlete promoting their new brand after a disappointing season? Yes. Are you a little over-emotional in telling me to GTFO and work on myself? You bet. Maybe you should work on that.

I think it is reasonable to want to see an athlete further establish themselves as a perennially elite performer before a major branding campaign is launched. With the past season's troubles, not all of which can be attributed solely to Mike Shanahan, I would prefer to let Robert Griffin do what he is doing with receivers and let his on-field performance silence critics. To double down and launch a new ad campaign just doesn't seem to be a prudent move, as it allows the media to focus on the "RG-Me" straw man that has been set up.

I have no problem with MJ, but that whiny little cheater Henry can take his (hand)ball and go home. As a fan of Ireland, I will never forgive his outright cheating in the world cup qualifiers.

Jealous? Hardly. Skeptical? Absolutely.

To suggest I need to work on myself is confusing at best. Are you referring to the fact that I haven't been lifting weights lately? Sorry my fitness regimen isn't up to your standard. Am I mad? No. Am I a little bit hesitant to endorse an athlete promoting their new brand after a disappointing season? Yes. Are you a little over-emotional in telling me to GTFO and work on myself? You bet. Maybe you should work on that.

I think it is reasonable to want to see an athlete further establish themselves as a perennially elite performer before a major branding campaign is launched. With the past season's troubles, not all of which can be attributed solely to Mike Shanahan, I would prefer to let Robert Griffin do what he is doing with receivers and let his on-field performance silence critics. To double down and launch a new ad campaign just doesn't seem to be a prudent move, as it allows the media to focus on the "RG-Me" straw man that has been set up.

I have no problem with MJ, but that whiny little cheater Henry can take his (hand)ball and go home. As a fan of Ireland, I will never forgive his outright cheating in the world cup qualifiers.

Sure bro.

Agree to disagree and all that stuff.

Archived