Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 staying out of the limelight

AlldaySkins

People forget that the ONLY reason we were 3-13 was RG3.  He played both defense and special teams, and coached the team.  He clearly isn't working out or practicing.  The photos he has working out with the receivers in Arizona or taking up boxing to get in unreal shape are clearly photoshopped.  All he cares about is himself.

^Mike Florio and most people who follow football.

Anyone saying this logo means RG3 isn't working hard this off season is a clown. I bet RG3 himself spent no more than like 5 minutes on this logo. It's Adidas's marketing/graphic design people that did the work.

The dude been working out with teammates, recruiting FAs, and everything in between. What else can he do?

I don't doubt the kid's work ethic at all and I know he works with adidas but this stuff is unnecessary. It should all be about the team. Period. That is my opinion at this point. The time for individuality isn't now. Brand logos are for later. Right now we need him to be putting every ounce of strength and will into being the best QB he can be and repairing any damaged relationships within the locker room from last season. If I was on the team and saw this logo business I would think nothing had changed from last year. Silence is golden.

Great job! This is a perfect parody of all the morons who somehow think that a professional football player is an automaton with no life outside football.  Your post sounds exactly like all other the ****ing idiots who post mind-numbingly stupid things like this. Well done, sir.

People don't like guys with crossover appeal. We're both wrestling fans, so think of it like this. Remember when Stone Cold walked out on the company? Just straight up quit? Remember the outpouring of support he got, even after reports surfaced about him beating Debra?

When a player like Griffin doesn't do that, it makes them angry. Its jealousy. Jealousy and insecurity.

Then you have the media (and our previous coach) who helped spin  a narrative that fits their agenda. He is a lightning rod, therefore people stand to profit more from negativity than positivity. Hate sells.

I think there's truth to this but what about Peyton Manning? Dude has been hawking merch and appearing on SNL and anywhere else eh could be seen for years now.  In contrast, Tom Brady who only recently became more involved as a public figure and kept a lower profile (except by marrying a model) is hated far more than Manning.  I don't dislike or hate either one, but I do prefer Brady overall. 

RG3 is supposedly what you'd want a role model to be, he's married, he been with the same girl since college, no reports of drunkenness (like at all), strip clubs, etc.  Most people would even give him a pass with the clubs if he wasn't too bad about it.  I hate to say it but this RGMe nonsense sounds a lot like picking on a guy because he has a personality.  Then they hate Jay Cutler because he doesn't. lol

Why haven't the Redskins converted an office at Redskins Park into a holding cell for Robert Griffin III?  Bring in his meals, allow him out two times a day for throwing sessions and once in the evening for film study.  They have to get a handle on all these distractions. 

Why haven't the Redskins converted an office at Redskins Park into a holding cell for Robert Griffin III?  Bring in his meals, allow him out two times a day for throwing sessions and once in the evening for film study.  They have to get a handle on all these distractions. 

Don't forget highly regulated conjugal visits, with mandatory prophylactics.

I hope he produces on the field, he has the weapons around him to do so BUT I am not a fan of his extreme need for attention. I am not saying he is Chad Johnson like BUT this is how Chad first started when he got into the league. Kind of reminds me of the Preacher's daughter who finally gets away from home

I hope he produces on the field, he has the weapons around him to do so BUT I am not a fan of his extreme need for attention. I am not saying he is Chad Johnson like BUT this is how Chad first started when he got into the league. Kind of reminds me of the Preacher's daughter who finally gets away from home

Please provide examples of his "extreme need for attention."  Because that sounds like bull**** to me.

You know this is an Adidas-developed logo right? That was developed by Adidas?

People seem to think that RG3 just sits around with a thumb up his ass, looking for ways to garner more attention.

It's not about a need for attention, it's about a desire to make money, to cash in on talent while he's got it.

It's 2014, this is no different than any musician who's t-shirt you own, or logo of any other product that there is.

Those ****ing on blogs need to step out of the cubicle and try to imagine life on the scale of a nationally famous athlete.

He is his own company and he is the company's product, just like every other professional player in every other professional sport. Talent is marketable. Name recognition is marketable. "Look" is marketable.
"RG3" is a marketable asset, no? 

of course it is, and he would be STUPID to not be using what he has to capitalize.

and I'm sure he knows that if he tanks on the field, it all means nothing. He is investing in himself. 

But for the professional alarmists and grumpy old men, be assured..  he's NOT the one applying for trademarks, doing the designs, printing the shirts in his garage..  etc.

He signs papers. He looks at pictures and says "yes" or "no". Poses for photos.

it might take a few hours our of one of his days to launch an entire line of products.

Not a half bad logo, either.

Jordan is a great example. he has an instantly recognizable logo

air_jordan_logo_2672.gif

it works for him because he was great, and people want to still Be Like Mike.
but what it has done for him is set him up for life after the NBA. He made some money in the NBA, but that life ends and he has transferred that fame into something more tangible than appearing on infomercials.

~Bang

I need to re-post this to calm myself down. It is the quintessential reason for the term "haters gonna hate"....

People don't like guys with crossover appeal. We're both wrestling fans, so think of it like this. Remember when Stone Cold walked out on the company? Just straight up quit? Remember the outpouring of support he got, even after reports surfaced about him beating Debra?

Then fastforward a few months to when the Rock went on hiatus after SummerSlam, and was called "Sellout" all throughout the match, and booed out of the building, simply for furthering his career.

The NFL is one of the last bastions of stereotypical manliness. We like guys that play hard, say very little, and like pounding down beers. People don't want to hear their opinions (even with others encourage them to speak). They don't like commercials, because to them it seems like the player doesn't take their craft seriously (I mean damn if a dude wants to make more money and set himself up good in the future). They like being able to tell a guy when he should speak, what he should say, how he should say it, how much he's worth, etc. When a player like Griffin doesn't do that, it makes them angry. Its jealousy. Jealousy and insecurity.

Then you have the media (and our previous coach) who helped spin  a narrative that fits their agenda. He is a lightning rod, therefore people stand to profit more from negativity than positivity. Hate sells.

I think there's truth to this but what about Peyton Manning? Dude has been hawking merch and appearing on SNL and anywhere else eh could be seen for years now.  In contrast, Tom Brady who only recently became more involved as a public figure and kept a lower profile (except by marrying a model) is hated far more than Manning.  I don't dislike or hate either one, but I do prefer Brady overall. 

RG3 is supposedly what you'd want a role model to be, he's married, he been with the same girl since college, no reports of drunkenness (like at all), strip clubs, etc.  Most people would even give him a pass with the clubs if he wasn't too bad about it.  I hate to say it but this RGMe nonsense sounds a lot like picking on a guy because he has a personality.  Then they hate Jay Cutler because he doesn't. lol

I think its that, along with people viewing him as a guy thats basically had one good season, and has accomplished little, compared to guys like Peyton, Brady, and even Eli, who have been dominant for years, and have won Superbowls.

And, whether people like it, want to admit it/acknowledge it or not, I think that even with as far as we have come as a society inside and outside of sports, overall, I think the whole "Black running QB" thing, along with having a white wife, plays into that. How much, that is a debate for another day, and another forum, but I think it is still an issue for some people.

And lastly, lets not kid ourselves here.... As much as I defend him, and have defended him, he could've handled last offseason a lot better than he did, which fueled even more animosity towards him, and wasn't made better by our trainwreck of a season.

For most people though, I think if he returns to 2012 form, a lot of the hate will die down. For the rest, they will hate him no matter what he does. He (and we as a fanbase) are just going to have to accept that. That is the nature of the beast when it comes to potentially transcendant talents who are evry marketable and opinionated. As a Heat fan, I came to grips with this long ago, lol.

I get what Adidas is doing, but Griffin has to realize that when he does things like this he opens himself up for MORE criticism. Plus you're coming off a season where you played poorly, got benched and you're coming out with a logo of yourself? Just doesn't seem right to me.

I know he's a hard ass worker and a very intelligent young man,  but he hasn't accomplished enough in his career to do stuff like this.  Jordan was a multiple championship winner/MVP.

I get what Adidas is doing, but Griffin has to realize that when he does things like this he opens himself up for MORE criticism. Plus you're coming off a season where you played poorly, got benched and you're coming out with a logo of yourself? Just doesn't seem right to me.

I know he's a hard ass worker and a very intelligent young man,  but he hasn't accomplished enough in his career to do stuff like this.  Jordan was a multiple championship winner/MVP.

Actually his first shoe came out about 3-4 years before he sniffed a championship

Jordan didn't come about during Twitter and Facebook and before ESPN turned into TMZ.

It would've been hard for Jordan to cash in every penny on Twitter without, you know, Twitter.

One thing we know about RG3 is he loves himself. Just back it up on the field.

lol here you are attacking Griffin again..lol

RG3 loves himself, says who... RG3 is a diva lol says who.... the media, the same media that had you believe Cam Newton and Kaepernick would be exposed this year, the same media that continues to shove down our throats that Andrew Luck is the best young qb in the NFL( despite him barely being able to complete 60% of his passes in a DOME, and posting passer ratings under 83 for his career)...

the media has brainwashed all of you

I feel bad for Winston, he might as well go ahead and join the mlb.... that guy is gonna get destroyed by espn his rookie year

lol here you are attacking Griffin again..lol

RG3 loves himself, says who... RG3 is a diva lol says who.... the media, the same media that had you believe Cam Newton and Kaepernick would be exposed this year, the same media that continues to shove down our throats that Andrew Luck is the best young qb in the NFL( despite him barely being able to complete 60% of his passes in a DOME, and posting passer ratings under 83 for his career)...

the media has brainwashed all of you

I feel bad for Winston, he might as well go ahead and join the mlb.... that guy is gonna get destroyed by espn his rookie year

Yep.

He's walking into a trap lol

I can't believe he put out a logo on Instagram, that will help charities and whatnot, and people STILL complain about it. lol 

You really can't please everybody....

smh the media is a powerful tool my friend

I just hope RG3 & Addidas realize the risk of doing this type of thing. This wouldn't be such a hot topic when you're winning games and performing at a superstar level. If RG3 or the team struggles, it could backfire and cause unnecessary damage.

Archived