Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 staying out of the limelight

AlldaySkins

I agree, but understand it.

You try sitting behind a microphone for 15 hours per week during the off season, you need material baby, anything will do.

I know people are going to keep giving you some crap but I have noticed your last few posts about Griffin have not been negative like before. If this is by design then let me be one of the first to say its nice seeing you be non biased when it comes to Griffin. Makes me take your posts much more serious and makes them more enjoyable to read.

I know people are going to keep giving you some crap but I have noticed your last few posts about Griffin have not been negative like before. If this is by design then let me be one of the first to say its nice seeing you be non biased when it comes to Griffin. Makes me take your posts much more serious and makes them more enjoyable to read.

You must have missed his post in the Desean Jackson thread then.

You RG3 haters are sad and pathetic people. On the spectrum of arrogant divas with big mouths in the NFL, do you really think RG3 is even on the radar, or has the media really manipulated your feeble, pathetic little mind that easily? Stop hanging on everything the guy says; go get some fresh air and enjoy your life.

I keep reading the comment that Griffin needs to win something first.  This will not stop the scrutiny at all. He will be scrutinized period, because he is popular.  Think of players like Brady, Big Ben, Shaq, L. James,K. Bryant, etc(Not comparing RG to those guys). They have won it all but still picked apart.  We have even witnessed when these athletes are not producing enough sports headlines, their personal lives being put on blast, picked apart, and judged.

The bottom line is Griffin's personality rubs some the wrong way and others love it.  Of course you have people that are neutral as well.

I just wish that was addressed instead of the laughable view that some twitter posts will impact our W/L record.

I don't think his tweets were him taking shots at the previous coaching staff. Just sounds like typical new year rah rah rah stuff to hype himself up.

I admit that at times RG3 soured on me last year but I think some people are just going out of their way to criticize him and overmagnifying every little comment. Lotta couch psychologists on Extremeskins.

I honestly don't like him much, and I think it was a stupid thing to say publicly, but I also believe LeBron was 100% right when he said:

All the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. So they can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they got to get back to the real world at some point.

I think it applies to the hate regarding RGIII too.  People just love to take their frustrations, jealousy and insecurity out on pro athletes.

I honestly don't like him much, and I think it was a stupid thing to say publicly, but I also believe LeBron was 100% right when he said:

I think it applies to the hate regarding RGIII too.  People just love to take their frustrations, jealousy and insecurity out on pro athletes.

RG3 just comes off as kind of douchey, really. He's got that big smile and tries to say the right things, but he's super passive-aggressive and back-handed with some of his comments. I knew something was off last year when he had the opportunity to clear up the whole Seahawks injury fiasco from 2012, and he was super ambiguous with his answer and basically threw Mike under the bus for keeping him in a game he begged to stay in. His demeanor actually reminds me a lot of McNabb. 

I follow quite a few Redskins on Twitter. A lot of them tweet numerous times a day including Griffin. Of course nobody talks about the other guys tweeting all the time because they aren't popular like Griffin. Remember he just turned 24 and is still young. It's just social media which everybody is on now days. It takes a few seconds to tweet and he's just expressing himself. Sure it's fine for all the haters on here to express themselves, but heaven forbid if Robert can ever say what's on his mind.

As for his new brand, I think it's awesome that he's doing it. He's smart and he knows he will make money off of this. Heck I know I'll probably be buying a shirt. It's the start of a new era.

Anybody remember the start of the John Beck era?? hahaha

You must have missed his post in the Desean Jackson thread then.

I guess I must have missed what you are talking about. The last 2 days I have seen a few posts he made about Griffin that was not derogatory. I was just going off that, I figured he was trying to be more objective with his posts, so I figured I would try to be encouraging and positive.

And how did he come back too early if he was cleared 100%?

Yeah..."cleared."

My tinfoil hat opinion? There was no way Snyder nor RG3 was letting this team start the season on primetime with Kirk Cousins at the helm. He was in a brace to stabilize the knee, suggesting a risk for re-injury. He wasn't 100% on any level, especially not mentally.

As far as the tweets go, I took them as a subliminal shot as well, but that's his choice, his life. Practice well and treat your teammates with respect, then win games. That's all I care about.

How do you know last year was a fluke? One could just as easy say 2012 was. We don't know.

You are right, I don't know which year was a fluke and I have no idea why he was cleared to play, I'm not a doctor and I can only go by what I saw with my eyes and that was a QB who couldn't plant his foot.  

How do you know last year was a fluke? One could just as easy say 2012 was. We don't know.

Previous performance would suggest 2012 was closer to the norm then 2013.

As has been stated many times, medically cleared is different then being ready for action. Mechanics, Mentality, Judgements, etc all looked off last year. Just because his knee was ok doesn't mean the rest of him was.

Calling bull**** on a lot of people here.

This is what we wanted.  This is what we asked for.  A quarterback with a ridiculous skill set.  

Gotta take the good with the bad, we can't have our cake and eat it too.  What'd you expect with this guy?  Did anyone REALLY expect to get a high profile quarterback and not have him doing endorsements and staying off social media?  

It's not fair, really.  I wasn't happy with how he performed last year but I'm not sure what people were expecting.   How could he have possibly (even if healthy) topped his rookie year?

Safe to say that this year coming up is huge, but don't be naive to think that he's locking himself in his basement with game tape and his playbook and staying off social media and not doing endorsements.  I know that's what many of you would like to see him do, but it's not realistic for a high profile athlete in this day and age.  We can sit here and pound our chests and say that's what WE'D do if we were the quarterback of the Redskins, but none of us are tempted like he is.  None of us have Subway and adidas knocking down our doors throwing us millions and asking us to pitch their products.

On top of that, no one can show a definite correlation between doing endorsements, having logos created for you, doing commercials and lack of success.  It sounds nice "Hey, stop tweeting!  Focus on your playbook!" but there's no proven correlation between lack of tweeting and increased performance on the field.

You don't have to like what he does on social media or as far as endorsements go, but this was going to be part of the package all along.  We're going to have to roll with it.

I'm starting to think RG3 may end up being a coach killer. With a tweet like this it makes you wonder how much he reads into the media and what Jay might say that he'll take the wrong way. If I'm Jay gruden I'm talking on egg shells around RG3 to make sure I stay on his good side, and that's a rotten environment to be in. Why is he tweeting articles about himself btw. Jesus christ, why can't we have a QB who doesn't ****ing use twitter and just wins football games.

It's not just your opinion man, it's clear as ****ing day to any reasonable person. It's seriously childish and petty.

Are you serious?

RGIII a coach killer? Not at all. Shanahan killed himself. His utter ineptitude showed mightily last season. He didn't prepare his team properly. He deflected blame from himself onto everyone else and I believe he leaked a lot or those crap stories about RGIII to the media to save face.

RGIII is an extremely talented and confident person. He's not afraid to say what he thinks and it may rub people the wrong way but it's far from childish.

People like you think he should just never say a word and just play. But that's not how it works anymore. With social media it's now easier than ever for players to connect with fans and put their opinions out there nationally.

Point is this. We have a supremely talented franchise QB who had a record breaking rookie season that ended with a catastrophic injury. The next season he rushed back and that combined with terrible coaching, a awful defense and Oline play and being mentally unprepared was a perfect storm of crap that led to a 3-13 season.

Now he has a head coach that will work with his strengths and he's happy. He's 100% healthy and will finally get a full off season to work out.

He's a confident young man and can say what he likes. He always gives his all in the field.

I just hope RG3 & Addidas realize the risk of doing this type of thing. This wouldn't be such a hot topic when you're winning games and performing at a superstar level. If RG3 or the team struggles, it could backfire and cause unnecessary damage.

This is exactly why the revealing of the new logo was not a good idea. The timing couldn't be worse. I love RGIII, he's my favorite player, but when I saw this it made me angry. After all of the s*** that RGIII has been through with Shanahan and all of the criticism RGIII got such as people saying he's a diva and only cares about himself and RGme, and he releases this logo. Man I understand he's just being himself and trying to make a buck off of the football field and promote his brand. But I really think RGIII just needed to lay low for the entire off season as much as possible, and just let his play on the field promote his brand. Then when you're dominating again release the logo. The logo looks awesome. But it means you better produce or else. So RGIII, get it done man, lead us back to the postseason.

This is exactly why the revealing of the new logo was not a good idea. The timing couldn't be worse. I love RGIII, he's my favorite player, but when I saw this it made me angry. After all of the s*** that RGIII has been through with Shanahan and all of the criticism RGIII got such as people saying he's a diva and only cares about himself and RGme, and he releases this logo. Man I understand he's just being himself and trying to make a buck off of the football field and promote his brand. But I really think RGIII just needed to lay low for the entire off season as much as possible, and just let his play on the field promote his brand. Then when you're dominating again release the logo. The logo looks awesome. But it means you better produce or else. So RGIII, get it done man, lead us back to the postseason.

it made you angry because you think it causes too much of a distraction or you're worried that it will give that dip**** Cowboys fan ammo to make fun if it fails?

Neither one of them are very real problems, right?

If Colin Cowherd or some other blathering idiot needs to create controversy, it says more about him and what he considers worthy of discussing on his show than it does for RG3.

His whole life and career is based on "you better produce or else".

This adds nothing to that.

~Bang

I'm starting to realize that it's the cool thing to hate on RG3.  It's pretty sad.  People act like they are holier than thou and think they know how this kid should act.  Plenty of athletes have Twitter accounts.  It's not an issue.  This kid tweets out all positive stuff and works "harder than anyone" according to Jay Gruden.  But that's not good enough.

It's funny to me how "boo-hoo" people get about sports.  It's SPORTS.  It's FOOTBALL.  IT'S A GAME!!!  Go root for another team if he isn't living up to your dream of how a Quarterback should act.  Jesus Christ.

It's like, when did Redskins Nation become a bunch of whiny b*tches?  A couple of years ago, we had Rex Grossman as our starting QB.  Now we have an unbelievable athlete with an unbelievable passion for the game under center.  Why not focus on the new year of football that's coming rather than harping on the past?  The past is just that.  The past.

I'd love to see these RG3 haters say something to the kids face.  I guarantee they'd drool all over him or piss their pants with excitement.  Instead, they feel that their opinion matters because it's the internet where everyone has a voice.

If the Redskins are so un-enjoyable for you, go root for another team!

Yeah..."cleared."

My tinfoil hat opinion? There was no way Snyder nor RG3 was letting this team start the season on primetime with Kirk Cousins at the helm. He was in a brace to stabilize the knee, suggesting a risk for re-injury. He wasn't 100% on any level, especially not mentally.

As far as the tweets go, I took them as a subliminal shot as well, but that's his choice, his life. Practice well and treat your teammates with respect, then win games. That's all I care about.

He was healthy. It's asinine to think Andrews would deem him 100%, if he wasn't. And the brace is normal procedure following a surgery. It was mostly a mental thing, combined with rust from not having an offseason and trying to be a pocket passer.

Previous performance would suggest 2012 was closer to the norm then 2013.

As has been stated many times, medically cleared is different then being ready for action. Mechanics, Mentality, Judgements, etc all looked off last year. Just because his knee was ok doesn't mean the rest of him was.

Yeah, I covered that already. My point was, he wasn't 'hurt'.

I have never seen so much hatred directed at one player in my 30 years. Comments sections under any RGIII related articles are always full of bitter, ignorant, off the wall hate. People are wishing for this kid to fail.

I have all the confidence in the world in RGIII. I can't wait for him to shut these idiots up. Non fans and fans alike.

Archived